Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #73
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedxEyexFight View Post
i think yinz are being a bit over critical. its funny how no one stops to think about the fact that in the original cartoon people and stuff just showed up...including the Cat's Lair. We are actually getting back stories and history, and more plausible situations. The dialogue may not always be the greatest, and there are things we would like to see happen, but seriously, we've finally got a cartoon with GOOD art and animation...not more of sponge bob, cat-dog, rugrats, pokemon, level crap.

this episode wasnt all that bad. it wasnt the greatest, but it wasnt the worst...compared to last weeks Cheetarah-Tygra sickeningly cheesy and innuendo loaded episdoe...this was fantastic. it all serves a purpose though...if there was any doubt about who Cheetarah is with, it should be over. Pumyra's constant screen time with Lion-O is actually paramount because she 1)is displaying a reaction that a lot of people have when they feel their leaders have failed them, and 2)her anger with Lion-O, while subsiding, gives her the ability to be honest and direct with Lion-O without the concern for royal propriety as well as the lack of a long personal history which could have Lion-O having a grudge against her. Its actually a quite brilliant character role and development if you ask me.

Don't forget though, in the OS they also gave reasons for things and people appearing. Cat's Lair never just appeared. Many of the OS first season episodes showed the Cats building the lair. As I recall, the end of the episode introducing the berbils, fetaured the adorable little critters helping the cats build the Lair.
Characaters like Safari Joe and Mandora were explained.

Given how rushed her choice was, I'm not 100% convinced things between Tygra and Cheetara are set in stone. Especially considering how , after Cheetara was paired with Tygra, all her characters "spark/fire' has gone out. She went from being the Alpha female character to being a beta/cheerleader character.
Damn depressing really.

Hmmm, you bring up some good points about the interaction between Pumyra and Lion-O.
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote