TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #30
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by monothingie View Post
All do deference to Dan, but he is/was just a cog in the creative team of the show. While his role in the current iteration is done, I doubt he knows what the execs have planned for the franchise.

Just remember that a lot of money was spent on this reboot, both on the part of WB and Bandai. These are interests that are going to want a positive return on their investment and they won't get that by letting the brand die.
You act like this is the first time this has happened. WB and CN spent money for Tranformers Animated and they canned it after 42 episodes. WB and CN spent money on Samurai Jack, and they did not even initially want to air the last batch of episodes. They spent money on Megas XLR, had a contest between 4 cartoons and it won, and they still canned that after like 20 episodes. Why should Thundercats be any more or less special? Especially compared to a bigger property like Transformers?

And Bandai hardly put any thought or effort into the toyline, so I doubt they spent any money on those either. I bet the only reason they took up Thundercats is they were polishing their Power Rangers Ben 10 shelf and a couple thousand turned out to be stashed away on it. It was extra money, Thundercats was up for bid, and they said, "Hey, let's get Thundercats. I mean, it probably won't sell well, so we don't need to put too much effort into it, and we do have all of those unpaid interns, so that will give them something to do."
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote