Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #1364
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The Ghost HAWK II has received a lot of criticism since its debut at Toy Fair 2012. Be it the fact that it comes with an under-articulated Duke pilot, the fact that it deviates from the original GI Joe VTOL design by Massive Black, or the most common complaint, its color scheme! It's been said to resemble something out of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 90's GI Joe/Battle Corps, take your pick.

However, in different colors we can see it in a new light. HissTank boards member sg3 repainted his Ghost HAWK II and added some new weaponry. The end result is a more militaristic looking Ghost HAWK II with a paint scheme similar to World War II era US Navy aircraft. Here's what Sg3 had to say:

"I Repainted this in Gunship Grey and light grey. Added 2 mini guns on the inside weapons pylons and ditched the bombs and upper missiles. Took sheet plastic and filled in the bottom of the tail boom. Looked horrible not finished. I was disappointed in the refueling probe and the ordinance. Hasbro couldn't spend the few extra cents to make whole parts? This lets leave half of the parts unfinished looks like crap. I would have spent a couple of extra dollars for it to have fully formed ordinance and such. Otherwise I like the plane. The pilot would be better with more articulation. The sculpt is nice and I like the figure (and the fact the helmet is on he is no longer Duke). I have to get used to looking at it front on due to the fact that it looks like an Amtrak P42DC locomotive, lol, but still a neat looking plane."

See it for yourself after the jump!
Original Source: Sg3 Redeems The Ghost HAWK II - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote