TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Mummra
Thunder Kitty
Picked this up recently.

The figure comes complete with copyrights and magnet.

Came from a seller out of Malaysia that also had the Gold Lion-o and Tygus loose both standard/non-prototype figures.

Any guesses on what this figure was meant for?

I believe it's a final production figure of Mumm-ra for the Armor of Plundarr toy. I know it was in development per this old MTV Geek interview from below:

Quote:
Maul: One of the biggest challenges we faced and continue to face is figure-to-figure sizing with in each scale of the line. Panthro is huge, Cheetara slim, Snarf is tiny and Mumm-Ra is monstrous. The huge size differences from character-to-character is a dramatic aspect to the series but a particular challenge when we try to stay as close to the true scale seen in the animation. We believe that we’ve executed exceedingly well to this point but it just gets trickier as we go along and introduce some of the characters that are extremely large or small. In fact, (spoiler alert) when we release WilyKit and WilyKat in the 6” collector scale we will be offering them together in one package to ensure the collector gets the value they deserve. In addition, there are a few characters like Mumm-Ra’s final form that are so big we will be releasing them in an entirely different scale just so that when placed next to the rest of your 4” collection it all aligns with the figure-to-figure sizing featured in the series. Certainly a challenge but one that the team at Bandai strives to overcome.

Source: MTV Geek – Wilykit, WilyKat, and the Storm Charger: An Interview with Brehan Maul on Bandai’s ThunderCats Toys!
If in fact this figure is stockpiled somewhere it gives me a little hope for wave 3.
If not I have the new series equivalent of the Mad Bubbler.

Last edited by Mummra; 07-09-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Mummra is offline   Reply With Quote