Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #253
ThunderClaw
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaCheyenne View Post
Thunderclaw,
You have made some valid points, but this is WHY Lion-O does NOT need to go out on his own. First of all, he is not supposed to be the hero...he's supposed to be the LORD of the Thundercats and how can he do that being alone? While he would learn how to depend on himself as well as learn to make better decisions, where will the trust between his people and their leader take place? In history, conquerors that have take power have had to learn to gain the trust and admiration of the people they are ruling to be a great leader. Anyone can be a exceptional warrior, but can't work in a team environment. The idea here is for him to be able to lead the others, to be able to gather others under him to finally defeat Mumm-ra...without the belief from his followers how can that be?
Being on his own would strengthen him as a solitary person, not build a great leader and this is what is needed here. In the original, Lion-O was constantly being taught, because of his true age and the fact that he was never truly shown how to lead. There was an episode that he went on his own...for the purpose to sharpen his senses and to trust in his own decisions. I believe that this will more than likely happen in future shows.
As far as this "triangle", I have to say that there is DEFINITELY a betrayal here. If Lion-O has believed up until this time that Cheetara had feelings for him, watching his brother kissing her AFTER learning that when they were younger he almost tried to kill him for being the "chosen one", there is NO WAY he would see it as anything else. I believe that this will serve as the catalyst for his up coming trials to finally earn the title of Lord of the Thundercats in more than just name.
Now, he will feel he has to more than prove himself...even as a small attempt to change Cheetara's mind.
Tygra, both, did him a service and a disservice. He has hurt him deeply, taking the one thing that was given to him without the fact that he was the next leader of the cats...Cheetara's affections. By doing that, he may have strengthed him in his quest to be the man his father always thought he would be, give him the belief in himself to lead without question. In that, he would have pushed Lion-O to be even better than himself.
Being hurt this way will detrimental for a while...the trust and affection he had for them had been tarnished and it will take a LONG time for them to gain it back.
Whethewr you like it or not, most rulers come by way of lineage and Lion-O in NOT the exception. Yes, we would LOVE to see him eran it, but it IS his by rights...regardless of anything else Tygra or anyone else may think.
Lion-o was never shown to have a realtionship...it has been hinted at in the comics, but never really established. Maybe this anime will change that...
@XiaCheyenne . You have shown great examples yourself. My response is that it is true that most rulers come by way of their blood line but that does not make them a great leader. Furthermore there are many different types of leadership; we should not just put one form of leadership out there. With that being said, different people like Lion-O need to find a way to do certain things that come with being a leader. On third Earth I don't really get the feeling that there is a cohesive way of the world. I don't think there is a group of leaders that have come together right now to control third Earth. I think it's a lot of different races off doing their own things. No one really gives any orders now. Now that may all change with the return of Mumm-Ra. We don't know how big his army is. We do know that a lot of the lizards are on his side. But we don't even know if all the lizards are on his side or why they support him. The old days were kind of like this with the lizards against the Cats. Someone needs to do something that will shake the world to its core. If Lion-O gives up the bloodline lineage and wants to become a leader based on merit I think that will shake the world. That would more credibility to him or whoever he think should lead than if the Kingship was just given to him. Yes there are people that have the royal bloodlines and go on to be successful and great leaders. However, as we see with his brother there are also dark sides to this birthright. If the path continues the way it's going, let's say they defeat the bad guys, they win the day. Everything is sunshine and roses. His brother will always resent that and that resentment may build and build and build until one day it breaks and Tygra truly betrays his brother by killing him and ending the bloodline. This is the dark side of having a bloodline determine royalty and being given something that you may or may not deserve. There's going be resentment, jealousy, egos are going to clash and I don't know if you need that right now. This is a critical time because this is a new era beginning. When Thundera fell the old ways should've went with it.
If things go on the way they are Mumm-Ra will be defeated and since the winners write history, it will all be because of Lion-O’s leadership. There is already a darker tone to Tygra. There will always be the question of when will Tygra betray his brother as we have seen before in flashbacks. He was willing to snap the tree limb and let his brother fall where he could have been killed. But then he runs to his father to try to get Lion-O out of the pit. Did Tygra really regret what he did? How would he feel if now Lion-O gives up the succession by bloodline and at least gives Tygra the opportunity to become Lord of the Thundercats. That might ease the jealousy a little bit, that might ease the pain, and actually put them in a place that they can build upon and make this rivalry into a friendly competition rather than what it is right now in many people's eyes, a battle to the death!
Another thing about the blood line, the Thundercats may honor the bloodline but that doesn't mean the other races will respond to this. Like I said earlier, you need to shock the world by doing something unique, doing something that hasn't been done before. Now if the other races see the Thundercat’s ruler chosen just by bloodline why would they believe that ruler is any better than one of their own? Why would the Thundercat’s bloodline be better than their bloodline? That would just lead to more conflict. Now if Lion-O is willing to battle for leadership that’s different. That can show his real value. If this was an era of peace, ruling by bloodline may be OK. He has a right to it but when you're faced with extinction and with some the challenges that this team is now faced with you're going to have to adapt and change to your situation and keep changing going forward. The old ways may have worked for a time but they didn't necessarily work for everyone. There were still other races and families and groups that weren't doing as well as the Cats. We saw that the lizards were in poverty and that on the food chain level so wasn't all rays of sunshine as we’d all like to believe. There were some dark gaps I'm sure we will be exploring later on in the show a lot. Lion-O means to be better than his ancestors, to be the best, to be the true Lord of the Thundercats. He has to do things no one before has done and that's why I think he should prove himself .
I also think that a lot of people are jumping to conclusions that right now he is a teenager, he is not Lord of the Thundercats. He's just a boy right now learning to become a man. He needs to spread his wings and grow into the role. Yes I know some people are given a bad break, they have to grow up really quick, really fast, but with that being said, sometimes growing up too fast is not necessarily the best case scenario for how to lead a group. You need someone you can trust, you need someone you can believe it, and as of right now he may have questions about himself. The best thing to do is take yourself off the playing board and go find yourself, find how to be a better person, how to be better leader and all that and to build the trust with your people. Just because he's leaving the group doesn't mean he doesn't trust them, all it really means is that he can't deal with the people around right now and maybe everyone needs to take a break after all the events that have happened and just sort of comprehend what's going on. At this point life he can afford to make mistakes. And I'm not saying he runs away or saying that he goes away for the rest of the series. I’m saying maybe dedicate one season of just Lion-O and the Thundercats! Let him have at least a season to grow into the role then throughout the rest of the series, he can always be with the group. I will be curious to hear your response.
ThunderClaw is offline   Reply With Quote