TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #27
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
It's nice to hear from someone involved in the show about the show's situation. It's also really nice to know that the move to Saturday mornings is actually a positive, rather than the negative I was expecting. The franchise still needs to proove itself in the modern market place, so some skepticism is expected. I just wish CN would handle things better for once in it's life...

Would be nice to know that it was showing in other countries, but that situation could be the way it is because of contract issues, or something along those lines. I don't feel we know enough about that situation to sight that as a bad decision on their part just yet.

My biggest problem with the way the show has been handled so far, is the fact that CN hasn't bothered to re-air the episodes (beyond the first two/three episodes back in December before going to the loooong break, which has been another issue). We get two chances to watch a new episode, and that's it till the next new episode airs.

As for the poor sales of the toys, some better advertising and distribution would have been nice. All around more interesting product from Bandai would have been great. The switch to 8" to 6" Classics hasn't helped either. Bandai either needs to step-up their game, or hand it off to another company. Though honestly, I'm not sure I can think of a toy company that wouldn't have botched the line in one way or another...

I'll definitely continue to support the show by watching it on Saturday mornings, legally. Can't say I'll be buying any more product in the near future. Maybe once Bandai shows some confidence in their line.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote