Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #28
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
I think, as some others have said, one of the main problems is the lack of action. And a case-in-point example of this is the lack of 'thundercats HO!' in the show. I get that you don't want stock animation, but guess what? Most kids don't care. They freaking love transformation/power-up sequences. DBZ's entire popularity is based around really long power-up sequences, as is Digimon, Power Rangers and anything related, and so on.
I agree completely and have brought this up in previous posts as well. There is nothing in the new series for kids to get behind. The original had the epic Thunder Thunder Thundercats HO!!!! Voltron had "Lets form Voltron", MMPR had it, Sailor Moon even had it and that was mostly watched by girls (showing it is not gender specific), I could go on and on. Kids love this stuff and even as an adult when I watch the original Tcats I still get a kick out of it. Even today's games have these sequences. Street Fighter has the Ultra sequences and when you hit it it is awesome to watch, despite the sequence ALWAYS being the same no matter how many times you hit it, its always gratifying. And these are games directed at teens / adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
WB thought they had an absolute slam dunk here with the adult fans and a "new" property for kids to be roped in. Unfortunately, neither wound up really being the case here for various reasons mentioned in numerous posts above.
I have always disliked the way WB has handled the Thundercats. IMO they treat it like a cash cow (the horrible DVD release) and nothing more.

The reason why Thundercats is as big as it is IS & ALWAYS will be due to the original. I had always felt that if they were to do a new series they should simply pick up where TOS left off. After all, it's those classic characters that have amassed legendary status in the world of pop culture. This whole "re envisioning" of the NS has not worked out as well as they thought. Sure, modernize it a bit, but you don't go changing the recipe that's been working for more then two decades. All I have to say is look at Panthro. He honestly bears no resemblance to the original that everyone, even people who never watched TOS, know and love. Big mistake IMO.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote