Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #34
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Unfortunately, I don't agree 100% there. Thundercats hasn't been working for 2 decades simply because there was nothing out there to "work". Thundercats actually has a very, very small following of vocal long time fans. If the fan base was larger, all of the TC fan sites would be booming, but even the long time sites barely got a bump in their already small memberships when the new show started.
I see your point and your right, I am a long time member over at TCL and while there was a small surge of new members when the NS started, it wasn't huge.

I guess what I meant was that the nostalgia of the OS and subsequent re-airing of it on Toonami kept Thundercats relevant in pop culture with no new material for a very long time. I think that says a lot about those characters.

Could they have written a series that "started" where the OS left off that would appeal to both people new to Tcats and those familiar with the OS? I believe so. That's what flashbacks are for after all .

It may have even had those new to Thundercats picking up the OS on DVD to "catch up".

Last edited by AlexofThundera; 04-24-2012 at 04:29 PM..
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote