Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #50
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill923 View Post
Or maybe if Cartoon Network would stop letting George Lucas preempt every good show on CN with Clone Wars. Going to reruns as soon as eight episodes, when the whole season was already animated. Secondly, the confusion caused by Bandai and the classics line caused even hardcore fans to "Watch and Wait" instead of purchase. Eight Inch Tygra is on the dime store shelf with Stinky Pete because Bandai followed in the inequality footsteps of LJN. Really? Classic Mumm-Ra with NO SWORD OF PLUNDARR!

Ok I'm done venting now. Time to go buy an eight inch Tygra so they don't cancel my show.
My theory on it...

Honestly, I think the main problem is that kids just aren't connecting with it the way they had hoped. When all is said and done I don't think anyone can really say that Bandai didn't give it a solid effort. Sure there were missteps along the way but there was a lot of product for that first wave. Collectors ate that first wave up too but once they got their full, kids weren't there to pick up the slack.

Maybe this move to Saturday will change things. My local Target marked their Thundercats back up to full price last week. So maybe sales did spike some.

Last edited by Tracer; 04-25-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote