Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #650
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
The scope is you think someone is racist, becaue they said that only lion's can only weild the SoO. You know how stupid that sounds.

I know there was cast system. That is one of the main plots in the show. The cats are against every species (the correct word). Lion-o will unite them.

My co-work is a black women who was rasied in the south, her childhood was in the late 50s to early 60s. She and her family went through a lot.

This was one of the things that made that TLC forum go 60 pages.

""Your getting a bit personal buddy. You know nothing about me or what I may have come into contact with over the course of my life. Slow down.""

If I have offened you, I am sorry. But what about the other person you guys were calling racist. When you call someone racist over a cartoon shows poor judgement. Come into contact with over the course of my life?????????? Please explain if you want?

I do not know what your hang up is with lions weilding the sword. Is it because you want tygra to be the greatest?

I do not like this version of tygra. It is what it is. Maybe he will grow on me, but right now, I don't like him.

I would have been fine if T/C had a relationship forming in the begining.

I do not want to see Lion-o and Pumya. I have always wanted it to be T/P from the OS. I am disappointed about that too.

I want to see mummra to finally kick someones butt. The cats should be struggling against him.
Once again, did not call her/him a racist. Said the logic behind that post was racist.
What about this are you not understanding? Saying that Lions are superior over all the other races of cats is a racist mindset. Its racist because it implies Lions are better simply because they are lions. Do you understand now ?

I dont care what race of cat wields the sword. I dont care if its a lion, tiger, mountain lion, cheetah or a freaking ocelot. I have no problem with Lion-O wielding the sword. Where are you getting this? We were talking about interpreting someone's post, not about my personal hang ups.

Its not the struggle against the lizards that is so reminiscent of a cast system. The cats were dividing themselves up by appearances. The lower level cats, or the ones at the bottom of the cast system all have tails and ears like the thunderkittens. Those without tails are considered better and more evolved. Look up information about the cast system in india please.

You can admit that the show is portraying racism between the lizards and the cats, but then you called me crazy for talking about racism in a cartoon. Oddly enough, I wasn't even talking about racism in the context of the show as much as I was talking about the ideas behind a forum post. Yet here you are confirming something you ridiculed me for suggesting . Huh.

Last edited by Chique; 12-09-2011 at 06:17 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote