Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Pounder View Post
I find it fascinating that this is still called an unproven toy line.

It is a re release people have wanted for years.

Take the 90s star wars revival.

Luke
Han
Darth
Ben
Storm Trooper

Vehicles
Millenium Falcon
X wing fighter
Tie Fighter
Land Speeder

Although thundercats has topped the amount of product availiable this year alone I hardly consider it unproven ground.

I dont think any re releases from the 80s should be considered unproven territory since there is a high demand for them.
How can anyone consider a toy line that hasn't been on toy shelves in 25 years a proven toy line? Thundercats is in no way comparable to Star Wars, which has movies, cartoons, comics, novels, etc. Thundercats was the very definition of a niche line that had a small collectors base and no presence in any market to modern kids, who would make up the majority of the target market.

Quote:
I dont think any re releases from the 80s should be considered unproven territory since there is a high demand for them.
Sorry, but that is not the case at all. MOTU was a failure at retail in the early 2000's (for numerous reasons). Mattel absolutely refuses to give the new MOTU line a real retail release, as they know that it has no appeal to kids. G.I. Joe is floundering. Really, no other 80's line besides Transformers has done well at retail of late. Thundercats is selling well (though it's beginning to clog shelves a bit). The real test will be it's longevity.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote