Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #16
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Pounder View Post
I think masters of the universe could be very viable in a real marketplace setting.

I mean I really dont understand how mattel is making any money on the classics line.

20 dollars per figure is very high. However if a proper retail store where to alot a proper amount of space for the line it would thrive.

Perhaps slash the price in half to about ten dollars per figure. This would make collecting them a not so daunting task.

Also order more characters then just 50 different he man and skeletor action figures.

If collectors kids could find more than just he man and skeletor they would sell more.

I know they did the same with thundercats really stocked up on liono and mummy mummra and surprise surprise the excess is keeping the pegs warm while you have trouble locating Panthro or Cheetara.

Im just saying a little common sense could have saved the first re issue of masters of the universe and kept it viable into the future.

Just ask any collector and the most viable 80s lines are Transformers G.I. Joe Masters of the universe and thundercats
They are more expensive because they are producing a relatively small amount of figures compared to a full retail release. MOTU has only been able to hold the interest of collectors and wasn't able to draw in the young crowd in 2002, so Mattel gave up even trying and went online only a few years later. But even then, they have a hard time getting people to buy into the subscription service for it (or any of their subscriptions really).

The swords and sandals/wizardry genre just isn't hot with the kids these days. Really, what MOTU needs the most is a similar property, toy line, movie, tv show or cartoon to do well. Something that shows Mattel or potential investors that a fully retail available line would be viable.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote