TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #206
kenshon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Superman J View Post
Wait, so this says that since Claudus was killed in the Pilot episodes, Thundera was destroyed in the Pilot episodes, Jaga was captured and tortured in the Pilot episodes, Lion-O was made King in the Pilot episodes, Lion-O was chosen by the Sword of Omens in the Pilot episode, that none of that is fact and should be disregarded? Ok.

But then we are suppose to look at the series as a whole....but the pilot is the series, infact it sets up the entire series....exactly how is this...?

There is alot of cherry picking going on here. Its obvious you are pretty much just not a fan of Tygra and therefore extorting his character flaws to try and justify your opinion. Which is fine, Tygra is certainly a character with issues but he is certainly not beyond forgiveness, is in no way a villan, and is very much entitled to both the sympathy and empathy of the audience. While I am not a big fan of him, this is exactly why I find his character very interesting.

Everyone has their opinion, which by definition can't be wrong, however it can still be very misguided by false facts, misrepresentations, and closed mindedness.

BTW. Very poor example to use comparing the value of lives. You kill 1 person to save 1000. So by your logic you would say that killing the 1 to save 1000 was wrong? You would kill 1000 people to save 1? I think you can easily see what is wrong with this picture and your train of thought. The 1 death may not be resolved in saving 1000, but the value of saving 1000 should not be lost on the one. I guess though if we wanted to have a clear conscience, 1001 people could die and then it'd be ok.

I am really not meaning to come across as picking on you. I have edited my post here to try and get rid of that vibe the best I could so I really don't mean for you to take offense. It just really seems to me that you are going above and beyond to try and make Tygra out to be the bad guy, and completely throwing rationality out the window while dismissing blatantly obvious character traits that say differently.
1.I said look at the series as a whole does that not include the pilot? My comment about the pilot was meant to mean exactly what u said stop cherry picking and rationalizing the things we have seen thus far but when its something u don't want to consider or believe(its called selective reasoning, basically making excuses) u say well in this ep or in the pilot he did this like it make up for something we have seen done beyond the pilot.2. In my opinion killing period is wrong but no matter the circumstance or situation u can never resolve urself of it.3.I have already clearly stated my feelings of how I don't have a favorite or dislike any of the characters.4. Let sumone with Tygras mentality kick you down a pit and leave you then let me know how that feels5.You really not a attentive person why would I be offended.6. Your just not understanding any thing I've said which is fine
kenshon is offline   Reply With Quote