TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #330
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
I bolded the biggest thing here. Ford WAS selling the Model T's prior. WHICH GAINED HIM THE CAPITAL TO MAKE THE MODEL A. Thanks for ultimately proving my point for me, which was that without good sales running through first, one can't improve.
And why is it called the Model T? Because he started with the Model A and it didn't work. So he scrapped it and made the Model B, which failed. Same with the model C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, and S.

He had also started The Henry Ford Motor Company and what happened to it? He was forced out because the board didn't like what he was doing. They went on to rename the company Cadillac.

How did he start the Ford Motor Company? He made a race car and won some races, allowing him to get enough investor interest to start again.

He had no running start. He succeeded with a product he made in a shed that thanks to a slightly different design from everyone elses; enough that it didn't fall under the patent for the internal combustion engine that was hampering other manufacturers which required them to pay astronomical fees to use the popular combustion engine design at the time and managed to convince enough investors to give him a chance to see a return on that investment. Then he failed. A lot.

It was one of his fresh starts that did pay off for him ultimately and he nearly lost it because of his unwillingness to realize what he was doing wasn't working.

Quote:
No, you'll just make snarky comments on the side lines because what I said irritates you. So in other words: you'll do nothing at all. Cool story.
Way to miss the point. I also find it amusing that you call me on the side lines when you never posted on this board until the series was in trouble.

Quote:
BB: I'm not sure how bad it was back in Beast Wars' premier, as I didn't have the internet at the time. Though, I hear it was pretty bad. And yes, I'm from the Allspark. Chances are, if you see a "LioConvoy" on-line somewhere, it's me. :P
It was pretty bad. However it gained momentum with the fandom as the series progressed and created a greater divide as it won fans over and those who wouldn't give a chance grew more entrenched with their views.

This series has done the reverse, it started with a lot of fan love and then lost them as the series progressed, creating a divide between those who the new series lost and disenchanted and those who like it as well as those desperate to hold onto anything that has the TC brand name.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 06-12-2012 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Fixed Typo.