Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #62
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Board Member and Moderator Derek2783 came across this fantastic piece while cruising eBay. What is it, you ask? Well, it's a 1986 Takara G.I.Joe Hanging Display sign!

Takara is widely known for Transformers, but G.I.Joe fans know that Takara also produced G.I.Joe and Cobra offerings for the masses. The display sign is really unique, with one side showing G.I.Joe forces, the other side Cobra.

The Cobra side of the display shows Cobra Commander in the center, with Destro and a Cobra Trooper (or Cobra The Enemy, if you prefer) flanking the Commander to his left and right.

The G.I.Joe side of the display shows Snakes Eyes v2 with Timber as center, with Gung Ho and Duke to his right (left if you're looking at the Display), Flint and Shipwreck to his Left.

Pretty funny how Duke is bumped to the side and Snake Eyes takes all the glory on the Joe side of the sign! What's even more humorous/interesting is the verbiage placed on the Red, White and Blue stripes - Fight, Friendship, Freedom. All in all, a pretty cool piece! You can check out the auction from eBay Seller knunt here:

Takara GI Joe 3 3/4" HANGING SIGN Japan Snake Eyes 1982 - eBay (item 160546093702 end time Feb-20-11 19:50:47 PST)

Join in on the discussion after the jump!
Original Source: 1986 Takara G.I.Joe Hanging Promotional Display Sign - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote