Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #65
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISS Tank brings you another advance review, this time for GI Joe Cobra #13, scheduled for release later today! You can check out the preview here, but you're probably wondering how the issue turned out. So what's next for Chuckles after taking out Cobra Commander? What compels him to push forward?

Check out how GI Joe Cobra #13 turned out after the jump!
HISS Tank brings you another advance review, this time for GI Joe Cobra #13, scheduled for release later today! You can check out the preview here, but you're probably wondering how the issue turned out. So what's next for Chuckles after taking out Cobra Commander? What compels him to push forward?

GI Joe Cobra #13 Review

Credits
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Writer: Mike Costa & Christos Gage

Art by: Chee & Antonio Fuso
Colors by: Peter Dawes

Letters by: Shawn Lee

Assistant Editor: Carlos Guzman
Editor: Andy Schmidt

Jaws were gaping after GI Joe Cobra #12, so you’re probably wondering how IDW would up the ante between now and Cobra Civil War. While GI Joe Cobra #12 was shocking, the same momentum carries into GI Joe Cobra #13. If you thought the death of Cobra Commander was shocking, just wait until you read this issue!

This issue kicks off with Chuckles taking Tomax hostage. Why? Chuckles needs access to places where only Tomax can take him. It also helps that none of the Vipers will listen to Tomax, so Chuckles has the edge.

However, in the fashion of previous issues, nothing is predictable, and for Chuckles, obstacles get in the way, One big obstacle comes in the form of Big Boa. What ensues is trash talking coupled with a skillfully drawn sequence of hand to hand combat. The outcome? A shock, but one in which you ought to see for yourself.

Chuckles does not leave each scene unscathed in this issue. This issue embodies his indomitable spirit, his constant struggle to come out on top. Through monologue, we learn what truly compels him to succeed.

While Tomax was predominantly in the beginning of the issue, Xamot shows up towards the end. Xamot professes how similar he and Chuckles are, crediting him for his transformation. Yet there is a staunch difference, evidenced by how this issue ends….

This is definitely one of the most pivotal issues of GI Joe from IDW that I’ve read so far. Characterization is a very strong point for this issue. During the course of this series we’ve witnessed Xamot and Chuckles transcend Cobra. With this issue, we see who truly comes out on top. Along the way we see just how strategic Chuckles is, as well as his adaptability.

The artwork looks a bit different, yet familiar. Antonio Fuso teamed up with Chee for this issue, and it pays off rather well. The inks look more refined and detailed. The visual effects are well placed, and the color choices by Peter Dawes accentuate the fight scenes very well.

You definitely should read this issue. Not only was it very entertaining, but I think it should be recommended reading before reading the upcoming Cobra Civil War books. By skipping this issue, you’re missing out on a huge, key moment, one in which Chuckles has a direct hand in. I definitely want a new figure of Chuckles after reading this issue. So don’t miss out on GI Joe Cobra #13!
Original Source: HISS Tank Reviews GI Joe Cobra #13 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote