TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #82
Steelheart
Silverhawk Sergeant
I really liked this episode. As someone who does martial arts and loves swords, I thought it was cool the show actually took an episode to address a bit of the philosophy of swordsmanship and focus on Lion-O's growing abilities. I love the duel animation in this ep. and the sword and stone-ish reference. It was nice how they acknowledged that forging a good sword takes time too and can't be done in one afternoon and how Drifter knew it would break. I LOVE Drifter btw. He's my favorite supporting character so far. He reminds me of a cross between Usagi Yojimbo (as someone already said) with the whimical wisdom and personality of a Jim Henson character. Specifically, Richard Hunt's Mudwell from Fraggle Rock''s episode "Gone But Not Forgotten" comes to mind.

This episode is another "lesson" episode like eps 3 & 4. But where 3 was cliched and clunky. 4 was beautiful in it's execution and I feel this episode was similarly done. In fact, ep 8 may be my favorite to date. Though Tower of Omens was pretty cool too. I hope all the Cats get character focus eps like this and that we'll see Drifter again maybe. Was this character ever in the original show?

I do wonder about the "hand of evil" thing from the original show some have mentioned already. Maybe it means that a evil person can't access the magic of the sword of omens as opposed to just wielding it as an ordinary sword blade in this new version.

Love Avatar: TLA btw one of the best cartoons of the past decade.

Last edited by Steelheart; 09-21-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Steelheart is offline   Reply With Quote