TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 12-31-2011, 12:52 AM   #1901
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
what was the results of the survey with the two questions you had us participate in? cmangund
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:39 AM   #1902
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Here are the results so far out of 60 replies I got for fans that are “Ok with either pairings”:

60%: Criticized heavily on the 180 Shifts, saying it as “nuts”, but intrigued to see where it will go next with both possible pairings and the triangle.
30%: Most of them criticized the 180 Shifts but not as heavily as the 60% response above. Most of them prefer the Lion-O/Cheetara pairing as it was being properly developed and not out of the blue and still hoping it to happen.
10%: It’s some kind of plot twist that the writers were pulling on the viewers, interested to see where they will go next with both possible pairings and the triangle.

When I have more results I will post it here still waiting for replies.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 02:07 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:56 AM   #1903
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
what was the results of the survey with the two questions you had us participate in? cmangund
So far, most of them did not see the triangle "ending soon". I will post more of the details later, after I got more replies.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 01:59 AM..
Old 12-31-2011, 03:20 AM   #1904
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Here are the results so far out of 60 replies I got for fans that are “Ok with either pairings”:

60%: Criticized heavily on the 180 Shifts, saying it as “nuts”, but intrigued to see where it will go next with both possible pairings and the triangle.
30%: Most of them criticized the 180 Shifts but not as heavily as the 60% response above. Most of them prefer the Lion-O/Cheetara pairing as it was being properly developed and not out of the blue and still hoping it to happen.
10%: It’s some kind of plot twist that the writers were pulling on the viewers, interested to see where they will go next with both possible pairings and the triangle.

Interesting, sounds like most people so far think that ending last episode was ridiculous too.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:25 AM   #1905
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Interesting, sounds like most people so far think that ending last episode was ridiculous too.
Yeah and these came from those that are mostly okay with either pairings. For the Hardcore Lion-O/Cheetara fans so far mostly were angry saying "To Hell with this", I will post it later after I got more.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #1906
Balgus82
Yeah I think even the people who want the Tygra/Cheetara pairing agree that it wasn't handled very well. Tygra and Cheetara should've had more scenes together. Or at the very least the flashback should've happened much earlier in the season so that it didn't seem like it was there ONLY as a plot device to facilitate the pairing.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #1907
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Yeah I think even the people who want the Tygra/Cheetara pairing agree that it wasn't handled very well. Tygra and Cheetara should've had more scenes together. Or at the very least the flashback should've happened much earlier in the season so that it didn't seem like it was there ONLY as a plot device to facilitate the pairing.
i agree, they should have had more tygra/cheetara interactions to show some a whole lot more connection between them. the way i see it now, cheetara choosing tygra is also another plot device to drag out the crappy sibling rivalry. i thought it was a terrible way to end the season and as far as im concerned, the brothers have not resolved their issues with each other. when tygra made that statement about not betraying his brother then and not now, to me just meant he is never gonna betray him. it's still not gonna stop tygra from acting they way he does towards liono.

Last edited by AdamofEternia; 12-31-2011 at 03:38 PM..
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #1908
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
i agree, they should have had more tygra/cheetara interactions to show some a whole lot more connection between them. the way i see it now, cheetara choosing tygra is also another plot device to drag out the crappy sibling rivalry. i thought it was a terrible way to end the season and as far as im concerned, the brothers have not resolved their issues with each other. when tygra made that statement about not betraying his brother then and not now, to me just meant he is never gonna betray him. it's still not gonna stop tygra from acting they way he does towards liono.
Because it is a plot device, almost everything that writers do in a story will be almost always a plot device no matter how small or big, they have 52 episodes and EP13 was not the real Season 1 ending as originally EP26 is the end of season1 (since WB practically finished 26 episodes before the sudden changes) before CN messed it up, still a long way to go. That's how writers think, being friends with writers for a long time have given me some insights on how they think. But that also won't stop them to pull some surprises in EP14 like the Cheetara SoO Connection Chip theory, considering the pattern and interviews. All the facts and data points to Lion-O/Cheetara as their master plan.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 04:38 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #1909
stormbringer
Quote:
Because it is a plot device, almost everything that writers do in a story will be almost always a plot device no matter how small or big, they have 52 episodes and EP13 was not the real Season 1 ending as originally EP26 is the end of season1 (since WB practically finished 26 episodes before the sudden changes) before CN messed it up, still a long way to go. That's how writers think, being friends with writers for a long time have given me some insights on how they think. But that also won't stop them to pull some surprises in EP14 like the Cheetara SoO Connection Chip theory, considering the pattern and interviews. All the facts and data points to Lion-O/Cheetara as their master plan.
CN didn't think it through too well by going on break with that episode, but then they can't seem to get Young Justice to air through a whole season either.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #1910
cmangund
Quote:
CN didn't think it through too well by going on break with that episode, but then they can't seem to get Young Justice to air through a whole season either.
Yeah CN's decisions almost always questionable by logic's point of view. It's like they are only viewing episodes by numbers not content should be both at least.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 05:03 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #1911
Balgus82
from what Ive read in interviews the original "season" was 26 episodes, but they were written as 13 episode arcs. from what I understand CN splits all their seasons like this, and it's not exclusive to Thundercats.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #1912
cmangund
The original plans were 13 story arcs of getting the stones mainly, 26 Episodes Season 1, that's true. But the season 1 finale was Ep26 not EP13. So the Real Big Moments are in EP26.

CN indeed did the splitting for others too and not exclusive for Tcats. Which is nuts.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 05:16 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #1913
stormbringer
CN's handling of their shows is ridiculously bad. I have to wonder if their ratings ever suffer because of it.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #1914
cmangund
Quote:
CN's handling of their shows is ridiculously bad. I have to wonder if their ratings ever suffer because of it.
Well so far from my little survey, 15% of the Lion-O/Cheetara fans already confirmed dropping the show, the rest were on the verge of dropping the show like most of us here. So the crew loosing fans are definitely will be one of the results of their actions, both CN and WB.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 05:22 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #1915
stormbringer
Quote:
Quote:
Well so far from my little survey, 15% of the Lion-O/Cheetara fans already confirmed dropping the show, the rest were on the verge of dropping the show like most of us here.
Yikes! I hope CN's paying attention to how people are reacting to the mess they've made.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #1916
cmangund
Quote:
Yikes! I hope CN's paying attention to how people are reacting to the mess they've made.
Me and L08e16o will definitely be one of those fans dropping the show if they will not making it proper COUNT ON IT! we are giving them 3 more strikes, that's it.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 05:29 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #1917
cmangund
Quote:
It's just stupid to gamble this early whether or not it's CN faults of chopping it, Especially it's Lion-O the main character not Tygra. Pissing off most of true Lion-O fans are not a good decision.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #1918
stormbringer
Quote:
Me and L08e16o will definitely be one of those fans dropping the show if they will not making it proper COUNT ON IT! we are giving them 3 more strikes, that's it.
I'll likely drop the show too, if they keep up with this kind of foolishness.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:39 PM   #1919
cmangund
Quote:
I'll likely drop the show too, if they keep up with this kind of foolishness.
Yeah loosing a lot of fans will never be a good idea, no matter how you are going to put it. If they are going to keep this up, might as well make a new show starring Tygra.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #1920
stormbringer
Quote:
It's just stupid to gamble this early whether or not it's CN faults of chopping it, Especially it's Lion-O the main character not Tygra. Pissing off most of true Lion-O fans are not a good decision.
Messing over Lion-o was a dumb move on their part that's for sure. Putting T/C together over L/C, would be like putting Teela from Masters of the universe with RAM-Man, rather than He-man.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #1921
cmangund
Quote:
Messing over Lion-o was a dumb move on their part that's for sure. Putting T/C together over L/C, would be like putting Teela from Masters of the universe with RAM-Man, rather than He-man.
Agreed 100%.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #1922
cmangund
If they wanted to do it like this they should just make 2 different seperate shows(WB have full rights control on the Tcats characters anyways), one starring Lion-O another one starring Tygra. Like what Marvel did with Spider-man Ultimate universe. 2 Spider-mans different universe and story, up to us to pick which Spider-man universe that really suits our liking.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 05:50 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #1923
Balgus82
guys it's a team show. I mean sure Lion-O is the main cat and the biggest focus, but the show is about all the characters, not just him.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #1924
cmangund
Quote:
In the end if they are going to keep this up they will only have mostly Tygra fans watching the show, and that's not good for business I believe. Much-much less money returns, or even loosing money.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 06:24 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #1925
stormbringer
I could probably have dealt with T/C(
though I'm clearly a L/C fan), if the writers hadn't spent most of the season building L/C. The last episode came across as a punch in the gut, based on what we had been shown throughout most of the season. If the writers wanted T/C, they should have been focusing on building them up throughout the season, instead of pulling a bait and switch.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #1926
cmangund
Quote:
I could probably have dealt with T/C(
though I'm clearly a L/C fan), if the writers hadn't spent most of the season building L/C. The last episode came across as a punch in the gut, based on what we had been shown throughout most of the season. If the writers wanted T/C, they should have been focusing on building them up throughout the season, instead of pulling a bait and switch.
Yeah that's my problem too. Unless most of our discussions and my analysis were correct, that they are doing something behind the scenes, i.e. the bigger picture, not the smaller picture.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 06:28 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #1927
stormbringer
The writers teased us (much like it looked like Cheetara teased Lion-o) for the better part of 11 episodes, so its no wonder so many viewers or former viewers now, are angry.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #1928
cmangund
Quote:
The writers teased us (much like it looked like Cheetara teased Lion-o) for the better part of 11 episodes, so its no wonder so many viewers or former viewers now, are angry.
And It's not in Cheetara's character to do something like that, leading Lion-O on. Especially now after I got deep into her character with the help of my writer friends. It's just too off the chart, unless the truth is like what I said before.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 06:34 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #1929
stormbringer
Quote:
And It's not in Cheetara's character to do something like that, leading Lion-O on. Especially now after I got deep into her character with the help of my writer friends.
Yeah it wouldn't make sense for Cheetara to lead Lion-o on, unless the writers really went nuts and wanted to turn her into a villain. So there has to be more to it than what that last episode showed us.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #1930
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah it wouldn't make sense for Cheetara to lead Lion-o on, unless the writers really went nuts and wanted to turn her into a villain. So there has to be more to it than what that last episode showed us.
Yeah darn it, making her a villain will not do, as it seems in the new toys, no cheetara as a villain character. So at least some of our discussions and theories should hit the spot. I will keep on trying to see what more angle I can "attack" the issue with.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #1931
Balgus82
I still genuinely think she wasn't trying to lead him on. That doesn't mean the crew didn't want us to think she was, but that she, herself, wasn't trying to do it.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #1932
L08e16o
Quote:
I still genuinely think she wasn't trying to lead him on. That doesn't mean the crew didn't want us to think she was, but that she, herself, wasn't trying to do it.
I think she did. The actress clearly said they are evolving.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #1933
Balgus82
evolving ≠ leading someone on

evolve = To develop or achieve gradually
Old 12-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #1934
L08e16o
Quote:
evolving ≠ leading someone on
Evolving relationship from cheetara's voice actress seems to me she is interested in lion-o. She wasn't leading him on.

Leading to romance.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-31-2011 at 06:50 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 06:49 PM   #1935
L08e16o
Quote:
She is into lion-o.

This wasn't a seson ender, so this was a normal episode.

Cheetara is not a villian. We were stuck with vague dialogue.

E14 is suppose to clear up why cheetara follows lion-o around.

We saw tyrga's flashback of his connection to cheetara, now we will see cheetara's connection to lion-o.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #1936
L08e16o
Quote:

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #1937
L08e16o
Quote:
Agreed.

I like well written stories. L/C was being developed perfectly, but E13 was so off base.

I believe if they wanted T/C, they would have developed it better.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #1938
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
We were stuck with vague dialogue.

E14 is suppose to clear up why cheetara follows lion-o around.

We saw tyrga's flashback of his connection to cheetara, now we will see cheetara's connection to lion-o.
Agreed. She only said, I did choose, years ago. So if later on, IF she said to Lion-O that she did choose Tygra the first time, then after joining the clerics and Jaga has forseen the deep connections she must have with the chosen bearer(Cheetara SoO Theory: http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat...ssion-8424/37/) to have the SoO to work to its full potential and was assigned by Jaga to choose the second time, and that second time was Lion-O. She put duty above feelings she have for both brothers. The Lion-O/Cheetara thing can develop again from there.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 07:03 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #1939
L08e16o
Quote:
If they wanted to do it like this they should just make 2 different seperate shows(WB have full rights control on the Tcats characters anyways), one starring Lion-O another one starring Tygra. Like what Marvel did with Spider-man Ultimate universe. 2 Spider-mans different universe and story, up to us to pick which Spider-man universe that really suits our liking.
Just keep in mind it is a Classic hero's journey.

Classic hero's get the girl.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #1940
cmangund
Quote:
Just keep in mind it is a Classic hero's journey.

Classic hero's get the girl.
Thanks, sometimes it's just not going too well in my mind.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #1941
L08e16o
Quote:
Agreed. She only said, I did choose, years ago. So if later on, IF she said to Lion-O that she did choose Tygra the first time, then after joining the clerics and Jaga has forseen the deep connections she must have with the chosen bearer(Cheetara SoO Theory: http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat...ssion-8424/37/) to have the SoO to work to its full potential and was assigned by Jaga to choose the second time, and that second time was Lion-O. She put duty above feelings she have for both brothers.
If E14 continued from E13, she could say after the kiss, I choice lion-o. Then they can have the flash back of L/C.

I think in the end, cheetara will always be by his side.

She is connected to lion-o in some way. I think she is the guardian of the SoO.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #1942
L08e16o
Cheetara is a good character.

She would not hurt anyone. Both her and lion-o are good cats. I don't think she would ever be a villian.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #1943
stormbringer
CN's splitting the season has made a serious mess of things. This whole thing could've and likely would've, been resolved a month ago, if the show were being aired properly.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #1944
Balgus82
Quote:
Evolving relationship from cheetara's voice actress seems to me she is interested in lion-o.

Leading to romance.
Those interviews were before the first episode even aired. She was being purposefully vague as to not give away spoilers.

Quote:
Agreed. She only said, I did choose, years ago. .

She said she chose, related a story about something Tygra did for her, wrapped her arms around him, and then they kissed.

If she was saying she chose Lion-O, don't you think she would've at least mentioned Lion-O's name instead of telling a story that didn't have Lion-O in it?

Last edited by Balgus82; 12-31-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #1945
L08e16o
Quote:
Thanks, sometimes it's just not going too well in my mind.
Like you said, 13 was a normal episode, not a ender.

To many clues point to L/C. It goes with the theme that the crew is making. If that is the real cheetara, I think the crew wanted T/C deal with the one momment in the past. This would allow L/C develop more without tygra being jealous. He can go after Pumyra.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #1946
cmangund
Quote:
Cheetara is a good character.

She would not hurt anyone. Both her and lion-o are good cats. I don't think she would ever be a villian.
Yeah by doing that "seduction" thing with Lion-O and then go for another cat, especially that other cat is his own brother, that she knows the "Big feud" they have with each other, will definetly make her a villain, So that can't be true.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #1947
L08e16o
Quote:
Those interviews were before the first episode even aired. She was being purposefully vague as to not give away spoilers.
She said it keeps evolving and it is a great story line. That is a lot of a spoiler without giving up the spoiler.

This shows about lion-o, the writer wanted a classic hero (singular) journey. This is about lion-o, not tygra.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #1948
cmangund
Quote:
She said it keeps evolving and it is a great story line. That is a lot of a spoiler without giving up the spoiler.

This shows about lion-o, the writer wanted a classic hero (singular) journey. This is about lion-o, not tygra.
And the other interviews where Jelenic said" we dont’t give a definitive answer of her following Lion-O around until I think EP 14…”
- Specific on Lion-O/Cheetara thing “ If you invest in the show, with each episode you’ll get more out of it” and the "We wanted to make a classic hero's joerney"

were after A couple episodes have aired. the interview date was Friday, September 9, 2011 at 1:15 pm to be exact.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-31-2011 at 07:14 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #1949
Balgus82
and since we're quoting Emmanuelle Chiqui interviews:

"I think Lion-O has a little crush on Cheetara. He gets a little devastated later."

MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it
Old 12-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #1950
stormbringer
Quote:
And It's not in Cheetara's character to do something like that, leading Lion-O on. Especially now after I got deep into her character with the help of my writer friends. It's just too off the chart, unless the truth is like what I said before.
Quote:
And the other interviews where Jelenic said" we dont’t give a definitive answer of her following Lion-O around until I think EP 14…”
- Specific on Lion-O/Cheetara thing “ If you invest in the show, with each episode you’ll get more out of it” and the "We wanted to make a classic hero's joerney"

were after A couple episodes have aired.
Well if investment in the show each episode gets us more out of it, then there's no way their going with T/C, that was completely out of the blue.