TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 03-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #151
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
It would be kind of nice to see Wileykit develop a crush on Lion-O and he has to find a way to let her down gently. It could give him more perspective on his relationship with Cheetarah.
Please don't start the ship.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #152
stormbringer
Quote:
It would be kind of nice to see Wileykit develop a crush on Lion-O and he has to find a way to let her down gently. It could give him more perspective on his relationship with Cheetarah.
At least Lion-o will know not to do any flirting.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #153
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
The power of the Spirit Stone will protect Lion-o, and smite Auburn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Uh-oh another ship problem

Old 03-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #154
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Please don't start the ship.
If Wilykit was older, I'd keep an open mind.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #155
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Or as a tease who plays with him.
Either way its how Lion-O sees her, so if you want to put that on him then go for it.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #156
L08e16o
Quote:
You know Kit, Kat, and panthro are the mature ones of the group and we lion-o would be last.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #157
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
She will get older eventually. If Lion-O is seventeen I'd say she's probably around ten. Seven years isn't unheard of or even considered too strange for many relationships. It's still a matter of maturity though, she has to grow up first or it'll still seem creepy.

None of the Bronies have problems shipping Spike with Rarity (or anyone else for that matter).
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #158
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
As long as it's not Jelenic that's doing it.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #159
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Also is it just me or do both Wileytwins seem bigger in this episode? Are they going through a growth spurt?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #160
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Can anyone even a love triangle properly?
It is a decent love triangle. The only reason people think it's bad is 'cause no one's dying over it.

Quote:
Also is it just me or do both Wileytwins seem bigger in this episode? Are they going through a growth spurt?
I thought Addicus and Kaynar seemed smaller against the Cats this time too.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #161
cmangund
Quote:
The twins were eating too much candyfruit... The side effects...

Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #162
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
You really do love your little hate-boner for him, don't you?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #163
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
It might just be the animation. Cheetara's lips looked weird in today's episode.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #164
stormbringer
Quote:

Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #165
cmangund
Quote:
Oh certainly not. Didn't he even say that writing romance wasn't his strong suit?
He said Comedy is his favorite thing. He did not say anything about his "skills" in romance.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #166
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Oh certainly not. Didn't he even say that writing romance wasn't his strong suit?

I think some guy named Paul wrote the romance/episodes for 12 and 13.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #167
cmangund
Quote:
You really do love your little hate-boner for him, don't you?
All of my posts about that are clear enough. And the signature words below

Last edited by cmangund; 03-31-2012 at 08:27 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #168
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Paul Giacoppo and the dreaded T/C flower thing.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #169
Balgus82
Quote:
Ah, i forgot.....though i do give SM credit for Usagi for not being giving up all the time. And T/R had a better flashback that made more sense. I think a good "triangle" would be something like Bleach's IchiRuki vs IchiHime. They both get development. Sadly, i haven't found one instance of an american show doing this.
I always thought Rukia was with Renji. Her and Ichigo really don't have any romantic interest in each other.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #170
stormbringer
Quote:
He said Comedy is his favorite thing. He did not say anything about his "skills" in romance.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #171
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I always thought Rukia was with Renji. Her and Ichigo really don't have any romantic interest in each other.
Please don't start a I/R/R/O flame war.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #172
L08e16o
Quote:
comedy? Well that explains the flower flashback.
:d:d:d:d:d
Old 03-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #173
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
I've only ever read the manga of Bleach and not past the third volume. Everything you're saying is just clicks and whistles.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #174
stormbringer
Quote:
Oh, well I guess he isn't that thrilled to write romance either.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #175
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
That's exactly why Tygra doesn't respect him. Tygra's said from the start that he believes people should earn what they have. He's resentful because he spent his whole life doing what was expected of him and studying and taking everything Claudus said seriously, while Lion-O was a little bit of a dreamer and a slacker.

Honestly I think Tygra would be less resentful if Lion-O didn't always completely ignore his advice.
Despite the fact that lion-o being the dreamer showed them that their way of thinking is antiquated and would've led to their demise if not for him saving them. We see claudis acknowledge lion-o was correct when bowed to him a nd later said that he was proud of him and what did tygra do. Lion-o's previous actions is the only reason tygra stayed alive. So its a difference in ideologies that tygra still won't admit despite the fact he is using and enjoying the very tech he was bashing on lion-o for dreaming about. As for the advice tygra gives I don't think "you'll always be 2nd best" is advice and that all that really ever came out his mouth nothing but negative nonsense and self aggrandizement
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #176
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I don't get why Cheetara questioned the book and Lion-o's decision . Shouldn't she, as a cleric, believe that the book is right? Unless i've missed something, the book has never failed to show them where the stone is.
I agree. And for that matter why didn't slithe take the book the thunder tank is so big he could not of missed seeing it. And even if they didn't know the book is in the tank they would've found out upon a closer examination
Old 03-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #177
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
I agree. And for that matter why didn't slithe take the book the thunder tank is so big he could not of missed seeing it. And even if they didn't know the book is in the tank they would've found out upon a closer examination
I don't think she was questioning the book, she was questioning Lion O's interpretation of what it said. the last stone had a major trick to it in discovering it. garentee that this one was the same, and had Lion O not let his emotions get the better of him he would have likely found a better and safer solution than going up an open mountain path deathtrap.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #178
stormbringer
Quote:
That my friend, is the power of plot conveniance. It doesn't have to make sense, as long as it achieves the desired result.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #179
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Rewatching the episode now. The rest of the group were definitely already captured when Lion-O got pushed over the cliff. They just didn't show them getting cuffed. First you see Addicus stop Tygra, then you see Kaynar stop Cheetara, then Addicus and Kaynar are both free when they push Lion-O and in the next scene (right after he fell) the whole group is cuffed up with a lizard guarding them. So it seems to me like Addicus and Kaynar handed them off to the lizard guard after they caught them.

No idea who beat Panthro or Kit cause they didn't actually show that.

They probably did it like that to save time. Afterall they only get like 22 minutes per episode.
So a few punches was enough to floor tygra to get captured and later he takes a beating that should've KO'd him for a month and he still able to run after a hover craft.So har far are they going to chase slithe on foot when earlier the were complaining about walking up the mountain pass
Old 03-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #180
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
When Addicus and Kaynar are free, why didn't the others do anything, regardless of the cuffs? We see Tygra goad them later....like, couldn't Cheetara have used her superspeed to do something like get behind one of the lizards and choke them or do something with her staff? and i can't believe Panthro was captured, he has new arms now. The twins know how to pick locks, so they should have been able to do something. I wonder where Snarf is.....?
I would've thought pantro would've used him new arms to KO atticus and kaynar just like he did in the previous episode despite being cuffed and i also thought his new arms would've been strong enough to break the cuffs
Old 03-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #181
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
I don't think she was questioning the book, she was questioning Lion O's interpretation of what it said. the last stone had a major trick to it in discovering it. garentee that this one was the same, and had Lion O not let his emotions get the better of him he would have likely found a better and safer solution than going up an open mountain path deathtrap.
His emotions are a dead end.

Someone brought up a floating city. They said the stone would be there. That might be what it is.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #182
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Wileykit's gonna have such a big crush on Lion-O when he gets back. It's gonna be hilarious.
Bigger than the one tygra has on him oh joy
Old 03-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #183
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Auburn gets word of kit having a crush on lion-o, lion-o will not make it. Auburn will be waiting for him when he wakes up.
Auburn has forgotten about kit by now and for some strange reason likes tygra why not the whole world has gone tygra
Old 03-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #184
L08e16o
Quote:
Auburn has forgotten about kit by now and for some strange reason likes tygra why not the whole world has gone tygra
That is so FH.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #185
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
That my friend, is the power of plot conveniance. It doesn't have to make sense, as long as it achieves the desired result.
So the team goes down with out a fight and decides to fight later and some how tygra is a better leader
Old 03-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #186
stormbringer
Quote:
So the team goes down with out a fight and decides to fight later and some how tygra is a better leader
If it helps next episode I think things go horribly wrong, and the resurrected Lion-o has to save them.

Last edited by stormbringer; 03-31-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Old 03-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #187
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Actually next episode I think things go horribly wrong, and the resurrected Lion-o has to save them.
I think Balgus mentioned that they're fighting pretty well against Mumm-ra. Though i don't know how they'd fight if they don't have weapons.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #188
stormbringer
Quote:
I think Balgus mentioned that they're fighting pretty well against Mumm-ra. Though i don't know how they'd fight if they don't have weapons.
Mumm-ra will probably get the upperhand, after them doing well initially. I can't imagine them beating Mumm-ra without the Sword.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #189
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
The spirits took forms that Lion-O was comfortable with. I think that pretty much confirms that they were manifestations of his own mind, not translated consciousness from the gang. Seeing as Lion-O is not comfortable with T/C it makes sense that he would see her as he wants to, as someone who is interested in him.
I don’t understand how the spirits taking forms Lion-O was comfortable with automatically means that they were completely manifestations of his mind. Jaga talks of the spirit stone as though it is almost sentient: “The spirit stone has deemed you worthy of another chance.” Is it that the magic of the spirit stone took the form of those he was comfortable with? In other words, independent or autonomous spirits took the form of those Lion-O was comfortable with.

Or was everything he experienced simply in his mind? If everything, including the spirits were simply manifestations of his own mind, then the trials were something he imagined himself. I’m asking because I don’t know what happened in the original series so I can’t compare.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #190
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
How convenient lion-o didn't use sight beyond sight when looking for this stone maybe the ambush would've been revealed. If they didn't want to go they should've stayed in the tank as them going with him really made no difference in the outcome
Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #191
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Slithe, kaynor and atticus failed to do a cavity search on tygra as he had his gun at the end and was shooting it at the hover craft
Old 03-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #192
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
How convenient lion-o didn't use sight beyond sight when looking for this stone maybe the ambush would've been revealed. If they didn't want to go they should've stayed in the tank as them going with him really made no difference in the outcome
Old Lion-O was just as bad for not learning his lessons the first time. Gotta slap some sense into that boy a few times before he takes the hint!

Still, UP? Book of Omens, WTF. That's vague enough that I wouldn't even think of the Bird Nation if they hadn't just premiered it in the earlier episode. Sure, I'm theorizing that the Bird Nation has the next stone, but sometimes there's foreshadowing to consider.

Quote:
Slithe, kaynor and atticus failed to do a cavity search on tygra as he had his gun at the end and was shooting it at the hover craft
Kinda like how he ass-pulled the marksman attachments last episode? Probably confiscated them off a Lizard battalion, but I imagine Cheetara could have also slipped him the weapon when she freed him.

Last edited by CreepySariFan; 03-31-2012 at 09:38 PM..
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #193
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I wonder why Cheetara didn't bring her staff?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #194
stormbringer
Quote:
I wonder why Lion-o doesn't use sight beyond sight, whenever he's going into unknown territory/situations. But that just brings me back to that plot conveniance thing.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #195
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
I don’t understand how the spirits taking forms Lion-O was comfortable with automatically means that they were completely manifestations of his mind. Jaga talks of the spirit stone as though it is almost sentient: “The spirit stone has deemed you worthy of another chance.” Is it that the magic of the spirit stone took the form of those he was comfortable with? In other words, independent or autonomous spirits took the form of those Lion-O was comfortable with.

Or was everything he experienced simply in his mind? If everything, including the spirits were simply manifestations of his own mind, then the trials were something he imagined himself. I’m asking because I don’t know what happened in the original series so I can’t compare.
In the original series he didn't die he just had to best each cat at what they did best. He had to be stronger than panthro, be faster than cheetara, more cunning than kit & kat, face his worst nightmares from the illusions tygra and beat mumm-ra unarmed.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #196
stormbringer
Quote:
Thank Jaga for not so bright villains.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #197
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I wonder why Lion-o doesn't use sight beyond sight, whenever he's going into unknown territory/situations. But that just brings me back to that plot conveniance thing.
I thought he used to to look for the stone with the book?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #198
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I thought he used to to look for the stone with the book?
The book takes them to the location but the sight beyond sight pin points were it is exactly because it may be hidden from plain sight
Old 03-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #199
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
i thought i heard him say the phrase for the sword...maybe they didn't want to reuse footage?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #200
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I wonder why Cheetara didn't bring her staff?
She forgot it was in her gauntlet or where ever she keeps it