TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
jcouto20
Thunder Kitty
I'll keep this brief. Got pretty much the whole phase 1 set of original thundercats along with Cats Lair, battle tank, vehicles etc. Had held on to them to pass to my kids. Before I do though, want to be sure I'm not handing away a bundle of cash/history to the little knuckle draggers. :-)

So I dug them out and took some pics. Here's the status after seeing them for the first time in probably 15 years or more...

Overall condition is very good, especially considering these were actually played with, not just saved on a shelf. There is that kind of wear and tear, like from putting helmets and weapons on and off and rubbing off the paint. I included a few pics of that type of damage. But they all work. I did not put batteries into the electronic stuff or assemble the Cats Lair, but I found a baggie with all the screws so Im sure it will not be a problem. The battery compartment for the Cats Head on the Lair shows battery corrosion. The contacts are green and powdery. Otherwise it seems intact and operational. The Battle tank has one tread torn, but I knew that. I suppose one could find a replacement out there. And I seem to have every weapon for every figurine except for the black sword for mumra and the little battery thing that lit up his eyes.

Here's the pictures...
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0CZtmbFozbMnSw

So, all that considered, what do you guys think the set is worth AS-IS? Should I sell it or just hand it over to the kids?
jcouto20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
egmonddp
Thunder Kitty
I want that Cats Lair please!!!! Sell it!
egmonddp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
egmonddp
Thunder Kitty
And the skycutter and nose diver!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
egmonddp
Thunder Kitty
It's a fantastic collection that you have there and the figures are in a great condition, you can get quite a bit for this - and then you can use that money to buy the new series for the kids! Fresh out of the packaging.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Overall it's a nice collection. Maybe worth around $250. If your not sure what to do, it might be wise to sell it. About the most value you can get out of it is to let them play with it. It's not worth a fortune so giving it to them later in life isn't going to bring lots of money and they may not like Thundercats. So I probably sell it and get some extra Christmas cash and get them something they do want.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
jcouto20
Thunder Kitty
Thanks for all the advice. Ultimately I think it would be a shame to let the kids mess them up when there's folks out there who are true collectors and would really appreciate them. I'm going to do a little more research and decide whether to sell as a lot or individually and for how much. But I'm open to offers. :-)
Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 AM   #7
Wilycub
Thunder Kitty
That's quite an impressive collection you have there. The fact that everything is in very good condition with little wear and almost all the figures have their original weapons, means you can get a pretty good price. I think you can easily get $600 at least. Good luck!
Wilycub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
pallas
Thunder Kitty
As much as I think toys should be played with, that collection is probably better served going to fans/collectors and then using the money to buy the kids new stuff.

Looking for a Cheetara with staff so if you decide to break up the lot let me know.
pallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
For a non-collector you sure seem like a collector to me.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
jcouto20
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
For a non-collector you sure seem like a collector to me.
LOL! I put a longer explanation on the Toyark site, but no I really am not. When I realized that I had to stop playing with toys or my high school football teammates would find out, instead of giving this set away, since it was fairly complete at the time, I stuffed it all into a box and taped it up and put it in the attic. I always said I'll give these to my son some day. But now that the day has arrived, I just feel like he won't appreciate them. Better I sell them to someone who will care for them and appreciate them. I'll use the money to buy him something he actually wants. :-)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
oh my
princeshoko is offline   Reply With Quote