TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 05-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
I got an email reminder today from Entertainment Earth that their 6" Tygra was back in stock and in the SAME email said he was already sold out.

Wow...just wow.

And the only listings on eBay have a starting bid of well over $100...

I can't believe this...

No word on if he's ever going to make it retail, and no word if they're even going to try to complete the team in Classics form.

Not a single team, in either era completed...
Mintcondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
test
You don't stand a chance
Dude put up a wanted thread like I did in the buy/sell forum ... Its worth a shot because I've just got one at a very very cheap price from a fellow collector who didnt believe in scalping and sold it to me for just over retail price moc ...... theres some amazingly honest collectors out there myself included who like to help others complete their wish lists without ripping them off......... I know its a long shot and I got very lucky but someone might be able to help you get one without paying silly prices on ebay.
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
I saw this video review of Tygra 6" yesterday and in the video the guy says that the Bandai Thundercats property was cancelled before Tygra hit retail. Don't know how he got this information, but it's still disturbing to hear someone say it. Here's a Link to the youtube video.

THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
its speculation. doubtful he knows anything.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
He doesn't know jack-they are hitting retail now
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Where have they been found at retail stores?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Online "specialty" stores like BBTS, Entertainment Earth and Enchanted Toychest.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
I know they can be found in specialty stores online, but when some one says "hitting retail" that sends the message that they have been found at a local store. No sittings posted. Just the 3 online stores listed above and ebay are the only places in the world they can be found so far.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
hope its speculation the minimum would be to release more Tygras and the kittens. I was lucky to find Tygra so only the other 2 missing and I really do want them otherwise I may just sell the ones I have thats why I'm keeping them MOC.
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
6" Tygra never even made it to any stores her in AZ. As I keep saying the line was cancelled. why else would all the shops be discounting them and stores like ross are selling them for half of what they were in stores.

The line is done. give it up already. just take a moment of silence, and do a 21 gun salute.
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
I'd love a 6" Tygra but I've given up on that cake. it's a lie. I accept it now. :P
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #12
frodo
certified 80's kid
atleast i have him in the 4" scale better than nothing
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
test
You don't stand a chance
There's six on eBay all from France which some douchebag has obviously scalped as soon as entertainment earth got stock ..... So if you want him that bad u may just have to pay the outrageous asking price ........ I count myself very lucky for getting one from a fellow collector on this site and really can't thank him enough for his kindness.

It's a shame cos I tried to pre order when EE got their last load and was gonna return the favour by selling them here at normal price .... But they were snapped up in seconds :-( hate scalpers and I kind of hope nobody pays this guys price on eBay to serve him right for his selfishness .
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
boomsasa
Thunder Kitty
I saw that guy on ebay too. There is no way I want a toy THAT bad. I mean, I want to have one but I'm not going to fill pockets. The only hope I have right now is preordering at BigBadToy's and hope they get a shipment soon...or at least someday!
boomsasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #15
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by test View Post
Dude put up a wanted thread like I did in the buy/sell forum ... Its worth a shot because I've just got one at a very very cheap price from a fellow collector who didnt believe in scalping and sold it to me for just over retail price moc ...
What, you mean he wasn't like that ahole loser scalper from that other topic?
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Online "specialty" stores like BBTS, Entertainment Earth and Enchanted Toychest.
Those aren't retail stores. Retail stores are places that have a physical store you can walk into and buy things with this relic called cash with. Places like Target, Walmart, ToysRUs, and sometimes K-Mart.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #17
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Those aren't retail stores. Retail stores are places that have a physical store you can walk into and buy things with this relic called cash with. Places like Target, Walmart, ToysRUs, and sometimes K-Mart.
Nope, they're not retail stores. They're footballs.

I kid, I kid.

They're online specialty stores, like he said - in other words, retails stores that are online - but retail nonetheless, buying in relative bulk, from whom we as consumers expect (or at least hope for) stock.

Retailers are increasing ONLY online; simply because a retailer lacks a brick & mortar location doesn't demote them to less-than-retail...sure, plenty of places on the internets fall outside the traditional supply chain (ex: buyers selling things on eBay or setting up lil scalper shop blogs) and therefore don't really qualify as retail, but the larger online stores most certainly do. It's an extension of the catalog-only store, like ThinkGeek for example (which I know has an online store as well, but they wouldn't have, say, 15yrs ago)...which is, of course, retail.

Not to split hairs or anything...

To the post at hand, I think it's understandable to want to know which online retailers have stocked Tygra, just like any physical store; gives us an idea of how many retailers received the product, and where we might check in the future...heck, it's frankly easier for me to buy online than to drive all over Hades looking...

Last edited by gjustis; 05-15-2012 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: typo city
gjustis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #18
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
This is why I specifically mentioned online "specialty" stores. I was trying to find a nice way to quell any misinformation of them "hitting retail ( brick and mortar) stores now". Didn't want THUNDER JEDI or anyone to have false hope that they could walk into Wal-mart and find them.

Last edited by Tracer; 05-15-2012 at 07:38 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #19
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks Tracer, I hear ya man! I think we could call these stores E-Tailers. Its very disturbing that none of the local stores have restocked anything Thundercats related and Bandai claims that 6" Tygra has been released to the stores. I allready have 6" Tygra, but I'm depending on him showing up at local stores to show that the line is not dead. Lets not forget about the roleplay Panthro Numchucks Bandai has previewed for release this spring or the Deluxe figures that are just as hard to find as 6"Tygra and have also not been stocked in local stores.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #20
Decepticon
Transformer!
Even with them being for sale online only, all of the stores are sold out, at least the ones I found anyways. He seems like a great figure, it's kinda sad to see he might not ever make it into stores to shine.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #21
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumm_ra_the_ever_living View Post
As I keep saying the line was cancelled. why else would all the shops be discounting them and stores like ross are selling them for half of what they were in stores.

The line is done. give it up already. just take a moment of silence, and do a 21 gun salute.
Speculation, speculation, speculation. The logical, rational-minded amongst us have explained ad nauseum in other threads why stores sometime discount/offer sale prices on items (besides because they're cancelled).

Now, you may be right; you may be wrong. NO ONE KNOWS. But please stop offering your speculation as "fact".

Ultimately -

I'd rather be a happy, jolly, optimistic Thundercats fan that's wrong, than a miserable doom n' gloomer that's right
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #22
Predaking79
Thunder Kitty
BBTS has case of 2 Tygras, Lion-O and Cheetara up for pre-order - Thundercats 2011 6" Collector Figure Series 02 - Case Assortment 'C' of 4 Figures - Thundercats (2011) Figures

Would have got one myself but they won't ship outside of the US or canada

So if anyone gets one and wants to sell me one of their Tygras...
Predaking79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #23
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I've seen GIJOE product at Ross, Marshall's, and other discount stores but I still see them put out new product. I saw Thundercats toys at TJ Maxx right after the toyline was released and their price was the same as Walmart and they were still releasing new product like the Storm Charger, the 2nd wave of figures or whatever. I think we'll still get the product at retail of the stuff that's been shown if not some new stuff.

Last edited by nitewing73; 05-17-2012 at 12:25 PM..
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
I'm thinking that even if the line were not to see a wave 3 Bandai would at least finish releasing wave 2 in some way. I mean I doubt they made just 10 6" Tygras and pulled the plug. There has got to be more wave 2 product just sitting somewhere. Now why haven't they released it is the question. They may feel it will cost them more to ship it then what they will gain in sales. Then again as I said in another thread it could simply be that retailers are not putting in requests (demand) for any new product.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #25
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Ordered a case.....
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #26
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Sold out! Im still waiting for my order at Entertainment Earth to be filled. Hate the wait, but whatever, I prefer the 4 inchers anyway, at least we have a complete set of them.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #27
Predaking79
Thunder Kitty
Don't suppose anyone who ordered a case want to sell me one of their Tygras?
Old 05-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #28
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
BBTS has the case up for preorder again. Has anyone here ordered from them and actually got it? How many people have a case preordered? I'm hesitant.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #29
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
I got my Slithe through them. They are on the up and up.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:53 AM   #30
Predaking79
Thunder Kitty
*wants a case but lives in the UK*
Old 05-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #31
frodo
certified 80's kid
one of my orders finally arrived

wasn't expecting to get this guy since my other order is in limbo
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #32
boomsasa
Thunder Kitty
My preorder has just been filled. I'm getting my in the mail soon.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #33
boomsasa
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
BBTS has the case up for preorder again. Has anyone here ordered from them and actually got it? How many people have a case preordered? I'm hesitant.
My preorder was just filled. They sent my case out in the mail today.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #34
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomsasa View Post
My preorder was just filled. They sent my case out in the mail today.
/hovers mouse cursor over the "Add to Cart" button...
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #35
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
My tygra order is still lingering at Entertianment Earth. I doubt im ever gunna see it. Still I cant spend 65 for one stupid figure.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #36
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Ordering the case from BBTS is cheaper than ordering Tygra individually from EE. BBTS = 15.99 EE= 16.99 and you get 2 Tygra's, 1 to open & 1 to keep MOC and they're case fresh. Best bargain. Plus you have to pay shipping from either place, but you tack that shipping cost onto the price of 1 figure youre paying almost double retail price, but if you order a case and divide the shipping cost by 4 an tack it onto the price of 15.99, it comes out to equal what you would pay retail+tax at Toys r Us. Just a better deal overall. especially with how much the figures a selling for on ebay.

Last edited by THUNDER JEDI; 05-23-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Old 05-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #37
77kustoms
Kustom Kreator
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
They are a great store! I have been enjoying my Tygra case for over a month!
77kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:03 AM   #38
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Man, collecting this line is extremely depressing...
Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #39
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Meh, I see no point in getting this figure anymore when I will never have a full team of 6inchers no matter what.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #40
TheCrow
Thunder Kitty
i have an extra 6in tygra , willing to trade ,

in nyc area
TheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #41
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Pm sent TheCrow.