TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 03-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #7301
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Given2u View Post
I not just about the L/C. The whole is not even realistic even a cartoon.

1. girl falls for a guy because he gave her a flower.
2. They ignore each other as if they don't know each
3. they kiss out of nowhere and told Lion-o they were in love with each all this time.
4. She cleric with special interest?

What is her function a character. It sure hell ain't going to be a supportive character that is for sure.
I agree with the flower, I just bought the women I am with a pound of chocolate strawberries and two dozen roses. She will forget about it in a month or so.

Everything she did you wouldn't think she is a cleric and she is not a friend to lion-o.

They did all this to just have a triangle and what is worse is they didn't really develop T/C.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-06-2012 at 03:18 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #7302
L08e16o
Quote:
She thinks like an animal and not in a good way. The strongest in her eyes Tygra so she goes with him. I would like to see what the B**** does after Lion-o gets a power up.
I like to see how she acts when he comes back from the dead and saves them.

She probably end up with Panthro in the end. Lion-o will be alone with his sword.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-06-2012 at 02:48 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #7303
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
If they did know that she would look bad, it still leaves us with the obvious question of why did they do it at all? This was a very poorly done story.
Agree. They did it for drama, but this is a kids show.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #7304
KurtulanSama
Thunder Kitty
Ok I just checked my first message to this forum. I told you they would break Lion'o(I still think they overdid it a bit but still somehow we can say both his body and spirit is broken) :P

Now after this point while Lion'O is trying to get back together with the group and reclaim SoO(and the throne), Tygra should becoe powerdrunk and make some horrible mistakes. (I heard he loses SoO or something but I don't know it yet)

And even after Lion'o shows up, he should refuse to step down. That would lead a second confrontation(a chance to fix the mistake in the AP for writers) and an opportunity for liono to show others that he is a worthy king and the true master of SoO(and probably humiliate tygra.)

Tygra being a douche would create the only possible chance to salvage what is left of Cheetara. It is aa cliche but y'know "You are not that kid who gave me the flower anymore." kşnda thing
KurtulanSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #7305
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtulanSama View Post
Ok I just checked my first message to this forum. I told you they would break Lion'o(I still think they overdid it a bit but still somehow we can say both his body and spirit is broken) :P

Now after this point while Lion'O is trying to get back together with the group and reclaim SoO(and the throne), Tygra should becoe powerdrunk and make some horrible mistakes. (I heard he loses SoO or something but I don't know it yet)

And even after Lion'o shows up, he should refuse to step down. That would lead a second confrontation(a chance to fix the mistake in the AP for writers) and an opportunity for liono to show others that he is a worthy king and the true master of SoO(and probably humiliate tygra.)

Tygra being a douche would create the only possible chance to salvage what is left of Cheetara. It is aa cliche but y'know "You are not that kid who gave me the flower anymore." kşnda thing
I agree lion-o is broken, he lost everything.

I don't know how 16 will play out, but he will have to beat tygra in the AP. He will have to save the cats from Mummra who has the SoO. I wonder if he figured how to get rid of the spell.

I think cheetara's decision is more complex than what they are showing.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #7306
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post

I don't know how 16 will play out, but he will have to beat tygra in the AP. He will have to save the cats from Mummra who has the SoO. I wonder if he figured how to get rid of the spell.

Well... How complex can it be. She already chose. They can't add any complexity to it. Continuing the triangle would make it complex. Now it make Lion-o the third wheel. I hope he hooks up with a BETTER and more LOYAL mate who 100x better looking then that thing.
Given2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #7307
L08e16o
Quote:
Well... How complex can it be. She already chose. They can't add any complexity to it. Continuing the triangle would make it complex. Now it make Lion-o the third wheel. I hope he hooks up with a BETTER and more LOYAL mate who 100x better looking then that thing.
I still believed she went to tygra over Annet's prediction.

Well, they made the triangle complex. The triangle could be seen as the reason lion-o died.

There is no one out there for him that will get the screen time to develop that relationship. They still have to flesh out Tygra's past, which I think is next after 16.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-06-2012 at 04:03 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #7308
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I still believed she went to tygra over Annet's prediction.

Well, they made the triangle complex. The triangle could be seen as the reason lion-o died.

There is no one out there for him that will get the screen time to develop that relationship. They still have to flesh out Tygra's past, which I think is next after 16.
And that is the stupid part. I can't even call ThunderCats any more. Its now more like ThunderWack.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #7309
L08e16o
Quote:
And that is the stupid part. I can't even call ThunderCats any more. Its now more like ThunderWack.
You know, there a lot of people I know that don't care about it anymore. They don't like tygra, they didn't care for how episode 12 and 13 (really no T/C development and now we are suppose to accept it) went, and they don't like how they made cheetara.

I think they are more mad with how cheetara was handled and no fleshing out of the other characters.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #7310
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
I will like everyone else stick around the forums looking for spoilers until things get better (I doubt it). I won't be watching eps anytime soon. That's 26 mins of my life that I can invest better
Old 03-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #7311
stormbringer
Quote:
You know, there a lot of people I know that don't care about it anymore. They don't like tygra, they didn't care for how episode 12 and 13 (really no T/C development and now we are suppose to accept it) went, and they don't like how they made cheetara.

I think they are more mad with how cheetara was handled and no fleshing out of the other characters.
I think Jelenic must have read those crappy comics from last decade, and decided to try to equal their badness.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #7312
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:

If they will finally upstage Lion-O it's cool, but I think it's low chance of that happening, Jelenic and crew are "In Love" with Tygra similar to Harley Quinn's type of love for the joker, "The Mad Love".

Cheetara's decision is so complexly stupid that normal cat/human cannot understand what the hell are you thinking Mrs. seductress.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-06-2012 at 07:34 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #7313
cmangund
Quote:
I think Jelenic must have read those crappy comics from last decade, and decided to try to equal their badness.
They denied it. But seeing how the show's has turned out, they are completely lying. Once upon a time, Jelenic read the crappy TCATS comic and think WOW these TCATS comic were cool, especially the "Mumm-ra Bathing Scene" I have to make the cartoon like this and very badly better.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #7314
cmangund
Quote:
Agree. They did it for drama, but this is a kids show.
From Prime Time Cartoon to Saturday Morning Cartoon.
The very saturday that Jelenic tried to avoid, as he said this cartoon is more of a movie rather than a saturday morning cartoon. Looks like fate has been cruel to you Jelenic, now it IS A "Saturday Morning Cartoon".

Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #7315
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Not trying to start an argument here, just curious....Please tell me I'm not the ONLY person not upset over Cheetara choosing Tygra...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #7316
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Not trying to start an argument here, just curious....Please tell me I'm not the ONLY person not upset over Cheetara choosing Tygra...
You have Balgus82, Chique and Eclipse Undying support, definetly.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #7317
L08e16o
Quote:
Something.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #7318
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
They denied it. But seeing how the show's has turned out, they are completely lying. Once upon a time, Jelenic read the crappy TCATS comic and think WOW these TCATS comic were cool, especially the "Mumm-ra Bathing Scene" I have to make the cartoon like this and very badly better.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #7319
L08e16o
Quote:
If they will finally upstage Lion-O it's cool, but I think it's low chance of that happening, Jelenic and crew are "In Love" with Tygra similar to Harley Quinn's type of love for the joker, "The Mad Love".

Cheetara's decision is so complexly stupid that normal cat/human cannot understand what the hell are you thinking Mrs. seductress.

Well it said that mummra has the SoO and will lion-o save them. Beating death and saving them is upstaging in my mind.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #7320
L08e16o
Quote:
From Prime Time Cartoon to Saturday Morning Cartoon.
The very saturday that Jelenic tried to avoid, as he said this cartoon is more of a movie rather than a saturday morning cartoon. Looks like fate has been cruel to you Jelenic, now it IS A "Saturday Morning Cartoon".

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-06-2012 at 07:52 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #7321
cmangund
Quote:
I not even touching on the cheetara.

Well it said that mummra has the SoO and will lion-o save them. Beating death and saving them is upstaging in my mind.
We all know Cheetara is dating Lion-O off screen.

Cheetara: Darn Jelenic, just how much more are you going to kill my character in the show. I have to renegotiate my contract, Lion-O is right they are trapping us with this crappy script.

Yeah that can be considered "upstaging" Lion-O, I am just being sarcastic.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-06-2012 at 07:50 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #7322
L08e16o
Quote:
We all know Cheetara is dating Lion-O off screen.

Cheetara: Darn Jelenic, just how much more are you going to kill my character in the show. I have to renegotiate my contract, Lion-O is right they are trapping us with this crappy script.

Yeah that can be considered "upstaging" Lion-O, I am just being sarcastic.

That is downstaging, not upstaging.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #7323
cmangund
Quote:
Lion-o is still stuck at the bottom of the river.

That is downstaging, not upstaging.
Darn it. Exactly what they are doing right now, upstaging Tygra and downstaging Lion-O. pathetic.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #7324
L08e16o
Quote:
Darn it. Exactly what they are doing right now, upstaging Tygra and downstaging Lion-O. pathetic.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-06-2012 at 08:49 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #7325
Balgus82
Quote:
I agree with the flower, I just bought the women I am with a pound of chocolate strawberries and two dozen roses. She will forget about it in a month or so.
People take the flower out of context. Women forget chocolate and roses because they don't really mean anything to them.

However the flower Tygra gave Cheetara helped keep her nourished and helped her achieve her lifelong dream. Why would she forget that in a month?
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #7326
Balgus82
Quote:
You're not. I've just mostly let the other folks here wallow in their ridiculousness for a while after getting the info on what's happened on the next two episodes. It proved my point that they were wrong and they can't handle it and the thread has kinda devolved into Cheetara bashing and childish talk about "swords."

I've been sitting back and enjoying the chaos for the most part.

Last edited by Balgus82; 03-06-2012 at 09:49 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #7327
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
You're not. I've just mostly let the other folks here wallow in their ridiculousness for a while after getting the info on what's happened on the next two episodes. It proved my point that they were wrong and they can't handle it and the thread has kinda devolved into Cheetara bashing and childish talk about "swords."

I've been sitting back and enjoying the chaos for the most part.
It's comforting to know I'm not alone. Due to what it's turned into, I've been trying to ignore this thread entirely, but with so many new posts sprouting up in this "conversation", it's hard to.

Doesn't help that the few friends of mine that started to watch the show fell behind and haven't seen certain episodes. Meaning in the few Thundercats related conversations we have I've been remaining silent on the topic of the "love triangle". Don't want to spoil it for them. I've also been keeping my mouth shut on Panthro's current predicament...which has actually been harder to keep silent on than Tygra and Cheetara becoming an item, lol.

Hopefully the Cheetara bashing will dissipate once new episodes air. Would be nice for the discussions for those episodes to remain civil...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:24 AM   #7328
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
im not saying this to spark another argument on this love triangle but looking at the image of cheetara kissing tygra on the cheek from the new upcoming episodes, cheetara's character is coming off as a very manipulative person. it makes me wonder if the writers do realize what they are doing to her character. i love all the thundercats but the way the writers are handling some of them imho sucks.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #7329
Balgus82
Quote:
It's comforting to know I'm not alone. Due to what it's turned into, I've been trying to ignore this thread entirely, but with so many new posts sprouting up in this "conversation", it's hard to.

Doesn't help that the few friends of mine that started to watch the show fell behind and haven't seen certain episodes. Meaning in the few Thundercats related conversations we have I've been remaining silent on the topic of the "love triangle". Don't want to spoil it for them. I've also been keeping my mouth shut on Panthro's current predicament...which has actually been harder to keep silent on than Tygra and Cheetara becoming an item, lol.

Hopefully the Cheetara bashing will dissipate once new episodes air. Would be nice for the discussions for those episodes to remain civil...
Yeah Panthro's arms would be harder to keep quiet about. Heck all they have to do is walk down a toy isle and see that he has new arms. lol
Old 03-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #7330
cmangund
Quote:
If they did know that she would look bad, it still leaves us with the obvious question of why did they do it at all? This was a very poorly done story.
Jelenic said it himself, comedy is his thing. What happened with this show just showed it, He should just stick with comedy. It cannot even be considered as a proper story anymore, not after what Cheetara did to the show.

Jelenic said he visited message boards from time to time, and he is constantly worry about fans reactions. But he does not have the guts to talk to us directly in the forums. Timm and Mcduffie from BTAS to JL cartoon talked to the fans directly in the forums, He openly said it to the fans about how he did not agree with the SM/WW pairing idea in the show, thus making the SM/WW fans mad. And he made them silent with the BM/WW cheek kiss scene. Ah memories of the "fights" back then BM/WW fans VS SM/WW fans with Timm in the middle of the "war".

Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #7331
L08e16o
Quote:
People take the flower out of context. Women forget chocolate and roses because they don't really mean anything to them.

However the flower Tygra gave Cheetara helped keep her nourished and helped her achieve her lifelong dream. Why would she forget that in a month?
Because they are kids. Actually it does mean something. Her love language is gifts. I read books to make our relationship better. There are men that have done stuff for her when she was young, but that was the past.

Tygra didn't know that it would nourish her and Jaga wouldn't let her die out there.

She wouldn've passed jaga's test with or without the flower.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-07-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Old 03-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #7332
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
im not saying this to spark another argument on this love triangle but looking at the image of cheetara kissing tygra on the cheek from the new upcoming episodes, cheetara's character is coming off as a very manipulative person. it makes me wonder if the writers do realize what they are doing to her character. i love all the thundercats but the way the writers are handling some of them imho sucks.
I agree, she is suppose to be a cleric.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #7333
L08e16o
Quote:
Jelenic said it himself, comedy is his thing. What happened with this show just showed it, He should just stick with comedy. It cannot even be considered as a proper story anymore, not after what Cheetara did to the show.

Jelenic said he visited message boards from time to time, and he is constantly worry about fans reactions. But he does not have the guts to talk to us directly in the forums. Timm and Mcduffie from BTAS to JL cartoon talked to the fans directly in the forums, He openly said it to the fans about how he did not agree with the SM/WW pairing idea in the show, thus making the SM/WW fans mad. And he made them silent with the BM/WW cheek kiss scene. Ah memories of the "fights" back then BM/WW fans VS SM/WW fans with Timm in the middle of the "war".

Like I said with Sports forum, they are really bad. NFL draft is coming up and they are at it again.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #7334
cmangund
Quote:
I agree, she is suppose to be a cleric.
She is no longer a cleric now. She's just a seductress with no moral compass.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #7335
cmangund
Quote:
Like I said with Sports forum, they are really bad. NFL draft is coming up and they are at it again.
The usual "war" eh?

Well at least with the BM/WW and SM/WW "wars" almost no forumers were banned, very low casualties from both sides. Because Timm was "swift" with the "BM/WW cheek kiss scene response".

Old 03-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #7336
cmangund
Quote:
Because they are kids. Actually it does mean something. Her love language is gifts, maybe you should read about it.

Tygra didn't know that it would nourish her and Jaga wouldn't let her die out there.
Lion-O should beat Tygra with the flower thing in the past, darn it, that will clear things up. But alas he was too busy with "junks".

Tygra got lucky nothing more. Should he gave her a poisonous flower by accident to Cheetara, that both Cheetara and Tygra did not know, then this triangle will never happen.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #7337
L08e16o
Quote:
The usual "war" eh?

Well at least with the BM/WW and SM/WW "wars" almost no forumers were banned, very low casualties from both sides. Because Timm was "swift" with the "BM/WW cheek kiss scene response".

The Steelers released Hines Ward, so now they are blaming Ben.

Steeler fans outnumber TC fans probably 10 to 1 or more.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #7338
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-O should beat Tygra with the flower thing in the past, darn it, that will clear things up. But alas he was too busy with "junks".

Tygra got lucky nothing more. Should he gave her a poisonous flower by accident to Cheetara, that both Cheetara and Tygra did not know, then this triangle will never happen.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #7339
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah, this is nothing. They still bring up stuff from 3 years ago. Example, they drafted this guy and he has done nothing, so they will bring that up.

The Steelers released Hines Ward, so now they are blaming Ben.

Steeler fans outnumber TC fans probably 10 to 1 or more.
That will be very messy indeed.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #7340
cmangund
Quote:
Jaga would've saved her, he was testing her.
I agree Tygra will have no direct consequence to whether or not Cheetara will pass the test. Tygra's actions will not determine if Cheetara will pass the test or not.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #7341
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Take this for example:
Has any of us given a cheat sheet that made a girl pass a test which led her to college and on route to becoming a doctor or PH.d? It is possible that she would keep it a momento. I would remind her of the person who helped her out in a time of need. Would she fall in love with you for it? I don't think so!!!. You can't justify the execution T/C
Old 03-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #7342
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
I referred to Cheetara as shady and manipulatve in one of my very early posts, when I joined these boards. I see I'm being given no reason to revaluate that opinion.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #7343
L08e16o
Quote:
Take this for example:
Has any of us given a cheat sheet that made a girl pass a test which led her to college and on route to becoming a doctor or PH.d? It is possible that she would keep it a momento. I would remind her of the person who helped her out in a time of need. Would she fall in love with you for it? I don't think so!!!. You can't justify the execution T/C
The person I am with wrote one of her friends papers (Masters). If she didn’t do that he would’ve failed and been kicked out of the program. Being kicked out of the program would’ve cost him his job at the base. Due to her writing his paper, he was able to go to a permanent position. He became a GS13 (Supervisor position $85K starting out) at 25, because of what she did. They are great friends, but that is it. He is actually getting married this summer, not to her.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #7344
Balgus82
Quote:
The person I am with wrote one of her friends papers (Masters). If she didn’t do that he would’ve failed and been kicked out of the program. Being kicked out of the program would’ve cost him his job at the base. Due to her writing his paper, he was able to go to a permanent position. He became a GS13 (Supervisor position $85K starting out) at 25, because of what she did. They are great friends, but that is it. He is actually getting married this summer, not to her.
my point was that she wouldn't forget the flower as I'm sure the person in your example wouldn't forget that paper.

You were saying you've given girls flowers and chocolates before and they forgot about in a couple of months. I was explaining that it's a completely different circumstance. I never said giving her a flower would automatically make her fall in love with anyone.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #7345
L08e16o
Quote:
my point was that she wouldn't forget the flower as I'm sure the person in your example wouldn't forget that paper.

You were saying you've given girls flowers and chocolates before and they forgot about in a couple of months. I was explaining that it's a completely different circumstance. I never said giving her a flower would automatically make her fall in love with anyone.
I was being sarcastic about forgetting in a month.

He is grateful, but that is it. He is to busy crying about Peyton Manning being cut from his team (Colts).
Old 03-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #7346
cmangund
Quote:
Take this for example:
I Agree it's a technical impossibility. But in Jelenic and Co.'s minds it's a definite technical possibility.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #7347
cmangund
Quote:
A perfect real life example.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #7348
L08e16o
Quote:
A perfect real life example.

Heck she won't help me with my papers, I rather do it myself though. She is a excellent writer. She had to help him, he was going to fail. He would never kept his job, he was in a developmental position.

They are great friends more like brother and sister and he is the type of guy that hooks up with other women with ease.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #7349
L08e16o
I wonder what the Berbils did to the thunder tank?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #7350
cmangund
Quote:
I referred to Cheetara as shady and manipulatve in one of my very early posts, when I joined these boards. I see I'm being given no reason to revaluate that opinion.
Instead we are being given more reasons to valuate even further of Cheetara being the seductress.