TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 05-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #501
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
LMAO! Oh he's going to keel over if you even ask him that. He hates Tygra so much he's killed/tortured him more times than I count in his fics, lol. He's a big Lion-O/Cheetara shipper. :P
I like this guy.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #502
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
This is forum is a lot better than TCats Lair where most of the tygra fans are.

I was reading some of the comments there today. You are right; there are quite a few Tygra obsessed people over there. Sadly, I saw many of those people who bully here also bully there.

I hope you are right that this forum is better. I'd like to be able to dicuss the show, both what i like and dislike, without having harpies spoil the room.
FreakinZoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #503
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Plus people get mad if you want L/C, they say that is sexist. She can choose who she wants, more like who MJ wants.

It is sexist if cheetara can't have a flashback without a male like tygra in it. We have nothing from her that stands alone.

If here defining moment is the flower than that to me is sexist. She needed a male to help her be a cleric. I believe jaga would've chosen cheetara without the flower.

If the OS never existed, MJ would've had tygra as lord of the thundercats.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I saw that it was brought up before that MJ is a DC frat boy and DC released that really bad comic where Cheetara was paired up with Panthro then Tygra. It stands to reason that MJ is simply following DC's comic verse. I've read where people highlight just how much of this show is a mirror of the DC comic and I find most of them to be genrally true.

I get the whole "the flower was special" but yeah, Jaga never struck me as the type to let a fellow cat die in such a manner. The flashback did show that Cheetara had been waiting on those steps for a good while prior to Tygra giving her the flower so patience had already been established.

Again, you are right. If it was Tygra that "helped" her become a Cleric than Cheetara really didn't do it on her own; she didn't earn the position on her own. If we are to believe that Tygra was the one to ultimately get Cheetara "in" with the Clerics then we are being asked to believe that Cheetara - a female - was too frial and helpless to do it on her own and that she needed a man's help. Doesn't get more sexist than that.

Yeah, MJ does seem to make his favor of that character above all others plain as a day.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #504
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
They've said more than once that the comics weren't taken into consideration when writing this show. And Dan has said he hasn't even read them.

They've said a lot of things and not all of them were true so I prefer to jude the show and not the interview so to speak.

And I do see a lot of the comic in the show.

Just because Dan has said he hasn't read them doesn't mean that nobody else on the staff has. There are the actual animators, the writers and so on that all have the potential to draw on the comics and dan wouldn't even know if it is true that he hasn't read them.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #505
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
All right, at first I thought he was playing a joke on us. Anonymous Incognito is using the same nickname Nick uses in a board at fanfiction.net (you can check it out, no sign up necessary). Here, he has repeated arguments stated by the true Nick there. It's only natural I may think they are the same person, and as I said, I thought he wanted to be called upon it. But of course, it had to be a taunt so he could start the name-calling he's so partial to, as well as flaunt his own clique

Last post on the subject, you all can have as many last words as you want. Flood the boards 'till your hearts soar, gentlemen...!

I did read something about an animation club and open/group resources. If it is a group, it is perfectly logical that accounts would be open to more than one person and those accounts would share similar names. It would also account for similar posts; groups do share information.

It seems you are looking for witches in Salem simply because you don't agree with the guy or the group or whatever.

From what i have read on these boards, it is people like you who usually throw the first stones than cry innocence.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #506
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
How are we the bullies? We're just countering his arguments. He's the one calling people buttkissers and pathetic and all manner of other things.

And honestly, I think you and he are the same person. He comes in posts over 60 posts in the same thread in one day trashing people, then when others call him out suddenly you're here to help him and agreeing with every word.

I could be wrong. But *shrugs* just calling it like I see it.

I don't always agree with the people on this forum, but I've always attempted to be respectful. For example L08e16o and I disagree a LOT, but he's always been respectful and admits when others have a point in the argument and says thanks when we site our sources. We're on difference sides of the fence on many occasions but I respect him FAR more than I do you right now (or at least AnonymousIncognito on the off chance you two actually aren't the same person).

It is your decision to think what you will. It really doesn't matter to me. As I have noticed, there are more people than just me who agree with him. I guess they are all him as well? It's not like people will agree with other people right?
It's not like you who tend to agree with darn near everything others on here say?

By your logic it is safe to say that you yourself are using multiple accounts.

People see things differently. What you might see as disrespectful, others might see as a fair reaction to the situation. What another might see as respectful, others might see as disrespectful.

The point is, before you gang up on people for not agreeing with how you see things or accuse others of being people you don't agree with, try to understand that not everybody will see things the same as you and that different people have different ways of expressing themselves.

I haven't seen you act any better than the person(s) you hold in such contempt.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #507
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinZoid View Post
I did read something about an animation club and open/group resources. If it is a group, it is perfectly logical that accounts would be open to more than one person and those accounts would share similar names. It would also account for similar posts; groups do share information.

It seems you are looking for witches in Salem simply because you don't agree with the guy or the group or whatever.

From what i have read on these boards, it is people like you who usually throw the first stones than cry innocence.

Told ya Freak, these folks are a perfect picture of hypocrisy. best advice I can give you is to not let them bother you. And if they do, blast them out of their parents basement with a verbal firehose.
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #508
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
It is your decision to think what you will. It really doesn't matter to me. As I have noticed, there are more people than just me who agree with him. I guess they are all him as well? It's not like people will agree with other people right?
It's not like you who tend to agree with darn near everything others on here say?

People see things differently. What you might see as disrespectful, others might see as a fair reaction to the situation. What another might see as respectful, others might see as disrespectful.

The point is, before you gang up on people for not agreeing with how you see things or accuse others of being people you don't agree with, try to understand that not everybody will see things the same as you and that different people have different ways of expressing themselves.

I yes, good ol Balgus. Loves to preach but rarely ever follows what he preaches. Sadly, you'll learn that if Phillip had his way, only people who agreed with him on every little detail would be able to comment on the show.

Like DN, he throws a hissy fit over any and all criticism.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #509
L08e16o
Quote:
I was reading some of the comments there today. You are right; there are quite a few Tygra obsessed people over there. Sadly, I saw many of those people who bully here also bully there.

I hope you are right that this forum is better. I'd like to be able to dicuss the show, both what i like and dislike, without having harpies spoil the room.
Episode 13 and maybe 14 (Cheetara surrendering) is the only thread were we really went at it. But after, things have been calm.

Trust me, this forum is better. There is more balance here than TCats lair.

When I was looking for a forum to go to, I went to TCats Lair (after 13). I read some of the post to determine if I wanted to have an account. I quickly came here and made an account.

There are some tygra fans that are from TCats lair, but they are good people. We just disagree.

To be honest, there was only one troll and she has not posted on here in a while. She just came here to stir things up.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #510
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncognito View Post
I yes, good ol Balgus. Loves to preach but rarely ever follows what he preaches. Sadly, you'll learn that if Phillip had his way, only people who agreed with him on every little detail would be able to comment on the show.

Like DN, he throws a hissy fit over any and all criticism.
He should've just not responded.

I hope they are ready for Comic Con. It seem like there was a lot of L/C questions (could be fans of L/C).

If EC is there, they are really going to question her.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #511
L08e16o
The second thing that bothers me about the show; I have never seen a producer dump on the main hero like they have done in this show.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #512
Balgus82
Quote:

First off I haven't "ganged up" on anyone. I've made discussion points. At least until the personal attacks started (which wasn't me). I haven't called anyone pathetic, nor asskisser, brown noser, etc. I still think you and he are the same (heck you didn't even deny it), but whatever.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #513
Balgus82
Quote:
He should've just not responded.

I hope they are ready for Comic Con. It seem like there was a lot of L/C questions (could be fans of L/C).

If EC is there, they are really going to question her.

Dan was just really having a bad week. He'd gotten in a car wreck, lost his wallet, and had multiple people criticizing him and the show (and not just on that FB thread). He kinda snapped, and honestly I don't blame him too much. He started the thread just calmly answering questions until people just started arguing with him and saying he was wrong.

Last edited by Balgus82; 05-12-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #514
L08e16o
Quote:
Dan was just really having a bad week. He'd gotten in a car wreck, lost his wallet, and had multiple people criticizing him and the show (and not just on that FB thread). He kinda snapped, and honestly I don't blame him too much.
I understand he has young kids too (extra stress).

At work when one of the ILCs pi$$es me off, I just write how I feel in an e-mail. Once I feel better, I delete it. I know that sounds dumb, but I get it off my chest.

It's nice that he answers you, but he can't let people get under his skin. Even though it is his show, he is providing a service or product. The people are his customers.

Last edited by L08e16o; 05-12-2012 at 08:08 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #515
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
The second thing that bothers me about the show; I have never seen a producer dump on the main hero like they have done in this show.

That and DN calling Cheetara an anorexic ho just doesn't sit well with me at all.

It seems the powers that be did this show more for themselves than the fans.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #516
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Dan was just really having a bad week. He'd gotten in a car wreck, lost his wallet, and had multiple people criticizing him and the show (and not just on that FB thread). He kinda snapped, and honestly I don't blame him too much. He started the thread just calmly answering questions until people just started arguing with him and saying he was wrong.

And you wonder why you are called a buttkisser......

Instead of making excuses for DN, make lemonade. Your time will be better spent.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #517
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
First off I haven't "ganged up" on anyone. I've made discussion points. At least until the personal attacks started (which wasn't me). I haven't called anyone pathetic, nor asskisser, brown noser, etc. I still think you and he are the same (heck you didn't even deny it), but whatever.

Your opinion is that you haven't. Others opinion is that you have.

Don't wanna be called a buttkisser, don't act like one. Christ on a cracker, the way you constantly trumpet DN one would believe you want to bear his children in the middle of your parents basement.

Hmmm, you also seem to have neglected to deny the intimation that you are using multiple accounts......
Old 05-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #518
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
And you wonder why you are called a buttkisser......

Instead of making excuses for DN, make lemonade. Your time will be better spent.

I know I said this on another thread; be nice. While your comment was funny, you should still try to be nice.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #519
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Don't wanna be called a buttkisser, don't act like one. Christ on a cracker, the way you constantly trumpet DN one would believe you want to bear his children in the middle of your parents basement.
The same can also be said of acting like an asshole...
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #520
Balgus82
Quote:
Your opinion is that you haven't. Others opinion is that you have.

Hmmm, you also seem to have neglected to deny the intimation that you are using multiple accounts......

Dan has been very gracious towards me. He's answered questions I have about the show and about working in animation and he's even given me drawing tips. If it's butt kissing for me to defend someone who's gone out of his way to be good to me then so be it.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #521
Balgus82
Quote:
I know I said this on another thread; be nice. While your comment was funny, you should still try to be nice.
FreakinZoid I apologize if you're really not AnonymousIncognito. Honestly I'm still not sure but at least you seem to be acting a little more decently.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #522
snarkybits
Thunder Kitty
I'd be okay with him/them if he/they used the multiquote function.
snarkybits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #523
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybits View Post
I'd be okay with him/them if he/they used the multiquote function.
Nice avatar/mosaic/collage there
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #524
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Pumyra should've criticized Lion-O in this episode instead of Birth of the Blade as her flirting and warmth felt out of place much like her criticism was out of place in Birth of the Blade.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #525
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
The same can also be said of acting like an asshole...

That is true. But in the interest of avoiding outright profanity, I went with other, more adequate descriptives. Besides, if I had called him an a-hole outright, the tantrum he would have thrown would have brought about a second Great Deluge.

Yeah, I could have phrased it better but his impression of Brainy Smurf got old real quick.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #526
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Dan has been very gracious towards me. He's answered questions I have about the show and about working in animation and he's even given me drawing tips. If it's butt kissing for me to defend someone who's gone out of his way to be good to me then so be it.

That's great. It really is. You still don't need to act like Brainy Smurf with all this Papa Smurf/Dan Norton says. You just end up sounding like a desperate sychophant instead of a purveyor of knowledge most of the time.
So I'll try to work on how much your pandering grates the nerves and be "nicer" to you.