TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #451
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Nah, all Mumm-ra has to do is grab Tygra, and tell Cheetara '"remove the spell, or your boyfriend gets it".
Oh I hope it doesn't get to the comic stage with mum-ra saying give me a bath or tygra gets it
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #452
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
The betrayal was a curve ball in the story. There was never a betrayal, it's all in Lion-O's mind. Tygra and Cheetarah are still in the group and he hasn't threaten to kick any of them out.

He's the guy of the group that has to keep saying, "He's going to get us all killed." Until Lion-O shows he's capable at the leadership position, Tygra will lighten up.
Yes, it was the curve to kick off the triangle.

Tygra almost killed lion-o in the AP and if lion-o didn't find the spirit stone, they would both be dead.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #453
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Oh I hope it doesn't get to the comic stage with mum-ra saying give me a bath or tygra gets it
Maybe that is how tygrus got second in command after leo.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #454
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
The images!!!
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #455
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
If that's what Tygus had to do to be second in command what did Leo have to do to get to the top?
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #456
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Seriously? We're still having this conversation? Okay, once again: It's not that she chose Tygra over Lion-O, it's that she lead Lion-O on and let him think he had a shot (and since no one seems to listen I'll say it one more time), granted Lion-O should have been more decisive and made his feelings more clear too, but when she hurt Tygra's feelings she apologizes and makes out with him. When she hurt Lion-O's feelings she said Jaga told her to. That's why it pisses people off.
It's clear Cheetara did not mean for him to interpret her actions in that manner. Lion-O is acting like she OWED him her romantic affections, and so now he wants to be a dick because she doesn't want him that way.
He's being a disrespectful little boy, and owes her an apology. He doesn't care that she's been helping him from the get go, he doesn't acknowledge that she's been a friend and a confidant. All he sees is his own selfish desires, and they are all that matter. Oh, if you don't want to be my girlfriend, then I don't give two damns about anything else. Lion-O's behavior is downright disgusting. How would you feel if someone you cared for talked to you like that, because they didn't want to see you happy?
When did she apologize to Tygra for hurting his feelings?
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #457
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Blame the girl for giving a care and having faith for the teenager that lost his father, the kingdom. and all this responsibility thrown on to him. She didn't lead him on. Lion-O assumed that Cheetara fell into his lap. Tygra also assumed the same thing. This was causing problems with the group. Cheetara kept quiet about it for the whole first season because it was irrelevant. However the two hotheads made her decide to tell Tygra to put tensions at ease. However Lion-O saw them and it threw gas on the fire. So now he burns Cheetara for it.
She clearly admits she is at fault for what happened and apologized to tygra and it would seem a few weeks have gone by and lion-o now asks her "he didn't just run up on her immediately" what happened. If she felt the need to admit fault and apologize for hurting the feeling of other where is the apology to lion-o. Now if she had apologized to him and he is stays mad at her forever yeah he'd be in the wrong. Few things would make a person angrier than someone who intentionally or intentionally wronged that person and act like nothing happened to that person especially after they make the problem known to said individual
Old 04-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #458
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Never mind that it's a fire she started by playing with matches.
Which she tried to put out, but Lion-O gassed it up.

Quote:
How was tygra's 80's counterpart boring when aside from lion-o most of the complex things happened around him. He was involve in the sword being broken the first time he has been addicted to "substances" he designed the lair and the third earth vehicles list list can go on. Though his role became smaller towards the end to say he was boring . In the AP tygra is shown that he tried to kill lion-o twice so how is that not a betrayal of someones trust. So i guess making lion-o smaller physically weaker than his 80's counterpart makes it easy for this new tygra to pick on because the 80's lion-o would have this tygra wearing his tail stripes for a hat
Lion-O wasn't at gun point to walk on that log. He chose to do it of his own choice and the idiot fell in the hole. Tygra told Claudis and owned up to the mistake.

Given episode 14 in sacrificing Tygra to keep fighting, the feelings are mutual.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #459
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
If that's what Tygus had to do to be second in command what did Leo have to do to get to the top?
Pimp out tygus Plus monstar is leo's daddy
Old 04-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #460
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Rape jokes? It's come down to rape jokes?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #461
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
It's the internet, doesn't it always?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #462
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
She clearly admits she is at fault for what happened and apologized to tygra and it would seem a few weeks have gone by and lion-o now asks her "he didn't just run up on her immediately" what happened. If she felt the need to admit fault and apologize for hurting the feeling of other where is the apology to lion-o. Now if she had apologized to him and he is stays mad at her forever yeah he'd be in the wrong. Few things would make a person angrier than someone who intentionally or intentionally wronged that person and act like nothing happened to that person especially after they make the problem known to said individual
She was clearing the air and putting an end to this internal dispute.

Lion-O doesn't own her. She owes him nothing.

Who ever she chooses to be with is none of Lion-O's business.

She's the only adult female Thundercat in the group. Lion-O would just move on to another girl. However he doesn't have that option, right now.

Last edited by Singe; 04-02-2012 at 04:25 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #463
stormbringer
Quote:
It's clear Cheetara did not mean for him to interpret her actions in that manner. Lion-O is acting like she OWED him her romantic affections, and so now he wants to be a dick because she doesn't want him that way.
He's being a disrespectful little boy, and owes her an apology. He doesn't care that she's been helping him from the get go, he doesn't acknowledge that she's been a friend and a confidant. All he sees is his own selfish desires, and they are all that matter. Oh, if you don't want to be my girlfriend, then I don't give two damns about anything else. Lion-O's behavior is downright disgusting. How would you feel if someone you cared for talked to you like that, because they didn't want to see you happy?
When did she apologize to Tygra for hurting his feelings?
Cheetara could repair much of this damage by simply apologizing, for sending him "mixed signals". Even when confronted by Lion-o, all she said was "Jaga told me to". Somehow I doubt Jaga told her to flirt with, and lead Lion-o on.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #464
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Which she tried to put out, but Lion-O gassed it up.

Lion-O wasn't at gun point to walk on that log. He chose to do it of his own choice and the idiot fell in the hole. Tygra told Claudis and owned up to the mistake.

Given episode 14 in sacrificing Tygra to keep fighting, the feelings are mutual.
Really??? seriously???? he fell in after tygra broke the log. Which might have been his intention the whole time. His own words sum that up he said to young lion-o " if something happened to you out here no one would know" hmmm that seems a bit suspect. And what is his excuse for saving lion-o "I was afraid I'd get in trouble with father". Not that it was wrong no I'm your brother I"m sorry and then he goes and does it again. Repeat offender
Old 04-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #465
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
She was clearing the air and putting an end to this internal dispute.

Lion-O doesn't own her. She owes him nothing.

Who ever she chooses to be with is none of Lion-O's business.

She's the only adult female Thundercat in the group. Lion-O would just move on to another girl. However he doesn't have that option, right now.
You make an excellent point, nothing is ever a woman's fault.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #466
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Cheetara could repair much of this damage by simply apologizing, for sending him "mixed signals". Even when confronted by Lion-o, all she said was "Jaga told me to". Somehow I doubt Jaga told her to flirt with, and lead Lion-o on.
Why should Cheetara apologize? How about he takes the first step and talks to her.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #467
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Why should Cheetara apologize? How about he takes the first step and talks to her.
He did that and she blamed jaga
Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #468
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Really??? seriously???? he fell in after tygra broke the log. Which might have been his intention the whole time. His own words sum that up he said to young lion-o " if something happened to you out here no one would know" hmmm that seems a bit suspect. And what is his excuse for saving lion-o "I was afraid I'd get in trouble with father". Not that it was wrong no I'm your brother I"m sorry and then he goes and does it again. Repeat offender
Lion-O chose to follow Tygra out of the castle. Lion-O chose to climb the log. He must have left his brain at home.

Quote:
You make an excellent point, nothing is ever a woman's fault.
Just like how Lion-O isn't at fault for anything.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #469
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Then he threw it right back in her face. That was a quick chat.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #470
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Way to not read anything I've ever posted ever. (Thumbs up)
Old 04-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #471
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
she appologized to Tygra, I would think Lion O should get at least that too.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #472
stormbringer
Quote:
He did talk to her. That's when rather than say "I'm sorry", she said "Jaga told me to".
Old 04-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #473
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Way to not read anything I've ever posted ever. (Thumbs up)
He's not even reading what he writes anymore. I think its official Singe is just trolling everyone.

Last edited by Tracer; 04-02-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #474
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
He did talk to her. That's when rather than say "I'm sorry", she said "Jaga told me to".
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
An apologize would be meaningless anyway. He's not going to let it go and lighten up on her for it. They'll still be together and Lion-O's heart will still ache.

The point is that Lion-O needs to get over it. His choice to either stay that way or move on.

Last edited by Singe; 04-02-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #475
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
An apologize would be meaningless anyway. He's not going to let it go and lighten up on her for it. They'll still be together and Lion-O's heart will still ache.

The point is that Lion-O needs to get over it. His choice to either stay that way or move on.
In other words you're just going to keep arguing in this circle even though it doesn't go anywhere.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #476
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Lion-O chose to follow Tygra out of the castle. Lion-O chose to climb the log. He must have left his brain at home.

So now it a seven or eight year old's fault for following and wanting to play with his older brother that he probably looks up to and trusts and who is like 12 or 13 years old and know better then to go out to the ruins and dare someone younger to do something and do what he did. And that is somehow lion-o's fault. REALLY??? some would call tygra a wanker for that. Lion-o pays for his faults as is evident right now but the other have to take their share of the blame but the writing is that tygra is oh so perfect as stated in ep 1
Old 04-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #477
stormbringer
Quote:

And how would an apology hurt? If Lion-o doesn't forgive her fine, but considering all the trouble this has caused, it would be wise (since clerics are supposed to be wise and all), to give it a try, wouldn't it?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #478
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Its more along the lines that the writing is becoming almost as silly as the comics. Thundera was destroyed while lion-o was in the book, but instead of getting lion-o out the book they decide "Oh he said not to disturb him so lets leave him in there while everything gets destroyed". So its lion-o's fault for everything that happened when all they had to do is go get him.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #479
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
yeah, Jagga would never ask another Cleric to watch over the crown prince. THAT IS RIDICULOUS. There is no way he asked that of her.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #480
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
yeah, Jagga would never ask another Cleric to watch over the crown prince. THAT IS RIDICULOUS. There is no way he asked that of her.
Yes, I can see it now:

Jaga: And then you blow ever so lightly in his ear...
Cheetarah: ... And this makes him a better king how?
Jaga: DO NOT QUESTION IT.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #481
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
And how would an apology hurt? If Lion-o doesn't forgive her fine, but considering all the trouble this has caused, it would be wise (since clerics are supposed to be wise and all), to give it a try, wouldn't it?
It isn't her fault, so why should she apologize? She can't be held responsible for Lion-O's actions. It's unfair that she should have to come crawling back for forgiveness.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #482
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Yes, I can see it now:

Ok, you disagree with the way she handled it. Whatever, that's your interpretation.

Still, he's mad at her because she doesn't want him romantically. That has nothing to do with Jagga asking her to do her job. He's upset because he didnt get the answer he wanted.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #483
stormbringer
Quote:
It isn't her fault, so why should she apologize? She can't be held responsible for Lion-O's actions. It's unfair that she should have to come crawling back for forgiveness.
How does "I'm sorry", equal crawling for forgiveness? But this debate is clearly just going in circles.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #484
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
How does "I'm sorry", equal crawling for forgiveness? But this debate is clearly just going in circles.
When you have done nothing wrong, apologizing is crawling for forgiveness. It's humiliating and demeaning. Also it subtracts from the fact that Lion-O is actually in the wrong
Old 04-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #485
L08e16o
Quote:
What makes it worse is she says this doesn't change our relationship.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #486
L08e16o
Quote:
Some people just don't like lion-o.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #487
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
not saying crawling and begging for forgiveness.

something like:

"Lion O, you are dear to me, I love you but not in the way you wish me to. I never intended to lead you on and should have made my intentions clearer... I'm so sorry that I hurt you and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

would that really be too much to ask from the writers?
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #488
L08e16o
Quote:
Ok, you disagree with the way she handled it. Whatever, that's your interpretation.

Still, he's mad at her because she doesn't want him romantically. That has nothing to do with Jagga asking her to do her job. He's upset because he didnt get the answer he wanted.
No it isn't. He PO about the kiss and being lead on. He said watch over him, didn't say get up close and personnel.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #489
L08e16o
Quote:
not saying crawling and begging for forgiveness.

something like:

"Lion O, you are dear to me, I love you but not in the way you wish me to. I never intended to lead you on and should have made my intentions clearer... I'm so sorry that I hurt you and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

would that really be too much to ask from the writers?
Agree.

But we wouldn't have a triangle.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #490
stormbringer
Quote:
What makes it worse is she says this doesn't change our relationship.
And its a wonder why Lion-o doesn't trust her.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #491
L08e16o
Quote:
Yes, I can see it now:

Or press against him or touch his hand.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #492
L08e16o
Quote:
And its a wonder why Lion-o doesn't trust her.
Or confused.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #493
L08e16o
Quote:
Its more along the lines that the writing is becoming almost as silly as the comics. Thundera was destroyed while lion-o was in the book, but instead of getting lion-o out the book they decide "Oh he said not to disturb him so lets leave him in there while everything gets destroyed". So its lion-o's fault for everything that happened when all they had to do is go get him.
All I can say on that is the writer hated lion-o.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #494
L08e16o
Quote:
In other words you're just going to keep arguing in this circle even though it doesn't go anywhere.
Makes us feel better.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #495
L08e16o
Quote:
Maybe she isn't sorry for what she did?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #496
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
When you have done nothing wrong, apologizing is crawling for forgiveness. It's humiliating and demeaning. Also it subtracts from the fact that Lion-O is actually in the wrong
First, you're as bad as Singe. Second, sometimes even if you feel like you've done nothing wrong you have to make that token gesture of apology in order to fix things. Lion-O does for Tygra when he say's he's happy for them. He's making the first move in trying to fix his relationship with his brother. Lion-O then asks her privately why she did things the way she did (the hand-holding, the kiss, the intimate "lessons") and she claims Jaga asked her to, rather than owning up and admitting that maybe that wasn't the best way to go about it.

It's the refusal to admit that, unintentional or not, she led him on. There's simply no way around it. Then in the next episode she rubs salt into the wound telling Lion-O he might be "misreading the signals" from the book. This is almost the exact same wording he used in his previous conversation with her.

Lion-O didn't misread her signals, she sent the wrong ones.

Can we please be done with this now?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #497
stormbringer
Quote:
Maybe she isn't sorry for what she did?
Now that I believe. Her lack of any remorse is staggering.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #498
L08e16o
Quote:
Now that I believe. Her lack of any remorse is staggering.
She was probably mad that lion-o caught on so quick.

If I am in trouble, I will blame the old man.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #499
L08e16o
Quote:
First, you're as bad as Singe. Second, sometimes even if you feel like you've done nothing wrong you have to make that token gesture of apology in order to fix things. Lion-O does for Tygra when he say's he's happy for them. He's making the first move in trying to fix his relationship with his brother. Lion-O then asks her privately why she did things the way she did (the hand-holding, the kiss, the intimate "lessons") and she claims Jaga asked her to, rather than owning up and admitting that maybe that wasn't the best way to go about it.

It's the refusal to admit that, unintentional or not, she led him on. There's simply no way around it. Then in the next episode she rubs salt into the wound telling Lion-O he might be "misreading the signals" from the book. This is almost the exact same wording he used in his previous conversation with her.

Lion-O didn't misread her signals, she sent the wrong ones.

Can we please be done with this now?
Excellent, post of the year!!!

They been using those words on each other the past two episodes. The AP cheetara was better though. She called him a stubborn prince. That was good.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #500
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
The worst part is I don't hate Cheetarah and don't even hold a grudge against her for her actions, everybody screws up. It's just this constant argument of "She did nothing wrong, Lion-O is just a bitch" that irritates me. Yes I would like to see some acknowledgement that maybe the other Cats weren't as nice to Lion-O as they thought at some point, but even if I don't I'm not going to abandon the show or bash its characters. All I'm looking for among the fandom is the simple acknowledgment that every conflict has two sides, and mistakes are almost always made on both.