TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 02-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
So i was watching the episode "Into the Astral Plane", and i had an idea for a playset toy since this series is pretty much lacking in that department. I am a fan of the Tower of Omens, but i do think it was lacking a bit. So here's the idea...

The hut that is actually the gateway into the astral plane is actually quite ornate when you look at it. I think it would be perfect as a playset.

It could be quite similar to the original Mumm-Ra Tomb Fortress playset where you could stand a figure in the doorway, and with a wheel on the back, spin it around so the figure looks as if it is gone and entered the astral plane. The playset could also come with a figure of "Auburn",the elephant people leader, i believe that is his name, as the main figure coming with it. To keep with the Thunderlynx concept it could also come with a crow(Mumm-Ra) figure that when placed on a resting spot the eyes would glow red, similar to the Mumm-ra hands that glow with the storm charger.
For effect or fun it could even come with a broom that can be placed in there or even be part of the mold of the front of the door before it spins. Again that idea is more for fun.

I love this line of figures but keeping line with the series there is a lack of playsets to go along with since there have not been too many constant areas within the show as of yet. So i just thought this would be a fun and semi-easy idea to make for a cool little playset and with what comes with it (Mumm-Ra in crow form, and Auburn), a fun piece for collectors because i know i wish they would have made some of Mumm-ras forms from the OS.

Let me know what you think of the idea. Feedback positive or negative is always welcome. And hey ya never know, maybe if we make enough noise with a playset like this it will get back to Bandai and we could see it!!! hahaha hey its a far fetched thought but you really never know.
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
That's a cool idea! But ONLY if it came with a Mumm-Ra crow and an elephant.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Phe View Post
That's a cool idea! But ONLY if it came with a Mumm-Ra crow and an elephant.
i agree. it really brings it all together and worth it
Old 02-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Definitely a cool idea, and a simple enough gimmick to make it work. Though it's not something I could see myself buying, tbh. Doesn't help that I have no interest in any figures of the elephants. I can imagine it grabbing the attention of kids.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I can imagine it grabbing the attention of kids.
And this 35 year old man child as well.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
And this 35 year old man child as well.
hahaha right. im 29 and not only did i spend my saturday afternoon coming up with the idea but i would love to add it to my collection. haha.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
I think the only playsets I would have bought would have been if the Stormcharger could also plug into the top of staircase and double as Mumm-ra's tomb or if they did a Cat's Lair playset based off the first episode.

edit: or the Tower of Omen's if it was actually cool
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote