TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #451
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pand3mix View Post
Gawd I missed a lot, stop posting so much >

Anyways, I think this is the one of few forums I have read where people are upset about the triangle.

I don't like reading people wanting pumyra as the fall to girl. That is kind of insulting, if they bring in the other thundercats I don't want to dirty those characters to fix this problem.

However, I really do think that Tygra gaining his abilty of illusions by this would be very exciting. But that would kind of null the whole betrayal bit and would make him seem very nutty.
It wouldn't. Remembe it is lion-o who feels betrayed.

The only thing I can see why people are for tygra is lion-o is the rich guy that has been given everything and never earned it. I think it is the opposite.

I don't know why they like a cockey punk personality, most people can't stand that. I think they just don't like lion-o.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #452
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
What lion-o saw when he saw tygra and cheetara kissing might have been tygra "thinking out loud" meaning it wasn't real as cheetara may have been somewhere else at the time. It can explain the question everyone is asking "how did cheetara know what happened in the astral plane?" Because that was just tygra imagination and lion-o thinks what he saw was real and he may start to treat cheetara differently.
It would have to be something like that.

How could lion-o feel betrayed by his brother, I would feel betrayed by cheetara.

Tygra won again, how is that betrail.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #453
L08e16o
I think somehow cheetara and lion-o are connected to the SoO. They need each other.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #454
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Well if lion-o thought he had won cheetara and saw his brother and her kissing he might thing Tygra forced himself on her? Try to steal her away. But I also think that it might be further expanded on the next episode.
Pand3mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #455
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I asked the crew if they had planned T/C from the start....now i just need an answer. Then i need to ask about Panthera/Leo and what that was supposed to parallel if they planned T/C from the beginning.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #456
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I asked the crew if they had planned T/C from the start....now i just need an answer. Then i need to ask about Panthera/Leo and what that was supposed to parallel if they planned T/C from the beginning.
I have asked them that too, but no answer from them. Maybe they will answer yours.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #457
Nachtsider
Shadowmancer Supreme
The only way to salvage the situation is to explain Cheetara's change of heart as stemming from manipulation by Mumm-Ra. Mumm-Ra kidnapping the real Cheetara and impersonating her would be the ultimate mindfuck and utterly awesome, but if they have to settle for something tamer, perhaps he could have planted false memories in her head or replaced her with an evil clone of his creation.
Nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #458
L08e16o
I don't think they would tell you that.

One more thing, on the flower. Wouldn't it get crushed if she kept it in her sleeve. Look how the flower withered on the steps. I think the heart would have not help up over all those years especially if she took the petals.

If that was really her and that she chose him, that is such a contrast to the rest of the show. I don't think she would jeopardize her relationship with lion-o right now. All the growth lion-o has done, that would be all for naught.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #459
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsider View Post
The only way to salvage the situation is to explain Cheetara's change of heart as stemming from manipulation by Mumm-Ra. Mumm-Ra kidnapping the real Cheetara and impersonating her would be the ultimate mindfuck and utterly awesome, but if they have to settle for something tamer, perhaps he could have planted false memories in her head or replaced her with an evil clone of his creation.
Or pumya in disguise working for mummra.

If she wanted to make her feelings be known, she would have been more careful. She is not that dumb. She knows the conflict between the two brothers why rush and make it worse. Did jaga teach her patience.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #460
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Or pumya in disguise working for mummra.

If she wanted to make her feelings be known, she would have been more careful. She is not that dumb. She knows the conflict between the two brothers why rush and make it worse. Did jaga teach her patience.
She didn't have to learn patience once she got that flower. It let her hold on long enough for Jaga to think she did, kinda like cheating. And i doubt she let anyone but Tygra know that the flower is what made her a cleric, not her skills, or patience, the flower that she ate let her wait out there, not any sort of willpower to acheive her "dream". She even said she was going to give up until she noticed the fllower was magical/gave an extra day of energy.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 12-07-2011 at 02:19 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #461
L08e16o
Quote:
She didn't have to learn patience once she got that flower. It let her hold on long enough for Jaga to think she did, kinda like cheating. And i doubt she let anyone but Tygra know that the flower is what made her a cleric, not her skills, or patience, the flower that she ate let her wait out there, not any sort of willpower to acheive her "dream".
Good point about patience. It was kind of lame that she had enough petals for as many days she waited. How did tygra know about the flower. Didn't the flower withered. You can't save it for that long, only the petals last that long. But they break apart.

First it makes cheetara look really bad. If this is how is it, I won't like her.

Second, these last episodes are not logical or how human nature works. I know it is a anime, but they want to develop the charaters.

None of it makes sense. If it made sense to me, then I would not keep posting.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #462
L08e16o
Quote:
She didn't have to learn patience once she got that flower. It let her hold on long enough for Jaga to think she did, kinda like cheating. And i doubt she let anyone but Tygra know that the flower is what made her a cleric, not her skills, or patience, the flower that she ate let her wait out there, not any sort of willpower to acheive her "dream".
One more thing about the about your point. Then she cheated jaga and herself.

It just makes everything that was writen up until now look really bad, unless you worship tygra.

If we get a flashback from cheetara about why she has followed him and it is because she felt sorry for him, I am done.

I don't see how lion-o can win in this. Only reason he is in the show is becasue he can weild the sword.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #463
stormbringer
Hollowdheart I hadn't thought of that, but you're right Cheetara cheated to become a cleric. Wow ,now I have another reason not to like her!
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #464
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
And really, Tygra and Cheetara are a lot alike. They both use any means to get what they want. Wheter it hurts someone or not.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #465
stormbringer
I think Lion-o might be lucky not to be with her.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #466
L08e16o
Quote:
And really, Tygra and Cheetara are a lot alike. They both use any means to get what they want. Wheter it hurts someone or not.
That is what I am saying, Lion-o is alone with immense pressure to succeed where no one has ever succeeded (defeating mummra for good).

Lion-o has to be struggling with self worth, no one thougth he should be king or he was worthy. Now cheetara put the final nail in the coffin, confirming that tygra is the better cat.

I can't believe they would want to make cheetara that bad.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #467
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I think Lion-o might be lucky not to be with her.
I think he needs her to master the sword.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #468
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
They really seem to be making Lion-o out to be bad compared to I can do no wrong and i still get what i want!Tygra. But Cheetara is his girlfriend now so they'll redeem her or something, probably by making Lion-o horrible and Tygra can gloat all he wants about getting her. I doubt Cheetara would say anything against him, since she's loved him since she was twelve. She did make excuses for his behavior by saying Tygra lived in Lion-o's shadow all his life. And she's rather dedicated to him, since she doesn't seem to care about anyone but Tygra and hasn't mentioned Jaga in awhile.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 12-07-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #469
stormbringer
If the show keeps going in this direction, I'll have to stop watching. There's no way I'm going to support Lion-o being thrown under a bus like this.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #470
L08e16o
Quote:
They really seem to be making Lion-o out to be bad compared to Jesus!Tygra. But Cheetara is his girlfriend now so they'll redeem her or something, probably by making Lion-o horrible and Tygra can gloat all he wants. I doubt Cheetara would say anything against him. She did make excuses for his behavior by saying Tygra lived in Lion-o's shadow all his life. And she's rather dedicated to him, since she doesn't seem to care about anyone but Tygra and hasn't mentioned Jaga in awhile.
If they do that, I will be so pissed! I will be done with the TC forever, even the OS. They would have ruin it for me forever.

Two freaking episodes to unhinge the F*CKING series.

I was loving the series until the last episode.

I know how they can fix it, but there writing has been so bad the last two episodes that I have no hope the series will end well.

See that is flawed writing. Lion-o lived in tygra's shadow. No one wanted lion-o to be king, even his father waivered when he said lion-o would make a good king.

It is like a bunch of tygra fans got together to produce this version of the TC, they were hell bent to make tygra god and lion-o a fan boy.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #471
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Does it seem, to anyone else, that Cheetara might have been using Lion-o to get the Book on Jaga's command, then she could go after Tygra after she fulfilled his last request? She didn't seem that upset that Jaga died past the Tower of Omens episode, and after that episode she stopped "encouraging" Lion-o.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #472
L08e16o
Quote:
They really seem to be making Lion-o out to be bad compared to I can do no wrong and i still get what i want!Tygra. But Cheetara is his girlfriend now so they'll redeem her or something, probably by making Lion-o horrible and Tygra can gloat all he wants about getting her. I doubt Cheetara would say anything against him, since she's loved him since she was twelve. She did make excuses for his behavior by saying Tygra lived in Lion-o's shadow all his life. And she's rather dedicated to him, since she doesn't seem to care about anyone but Tygra and hasn't mentioned Jaga in awhile.
One more thing. When cheetara say tygra lived in lion-o shadow?

She broke her duty now for tygra instead in the past. I could see her breaking her duty when the kingdom existed, but now. That can't afford this.

Jaga would scold her.

Terrible writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #473
L08e16o
Quote:
Does it seem, to anyone else, that Cheetara might have been using Lion-o to get the Book on Jaga's command, then she could go after Tygra after she fulfilled his last request? She didn't seem that upset that Jaga died past the Tower of Omens episode, and after that episode she stopped "encouraging" Lion-o.
Jaga raised her like his own daughter, I wouldn't think she could change so quick. Wait, they made tygra go from d$ck who was going to betray lion-o, to the greatest cat ever.

She did touched his hand and said she knew he would get sight beyond sight. She also kiss him on the cheek for good luck.

When she said they had each other, you can't just do a 180 from that.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #474
stormbringer
These writers of the last 2 episodes have made a mess it would take a miracle to clean up. I can't believe how quickly this show went downhill, I was looking forward to each episode before now I'm worried what they'll do next.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #475
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I don't understand the need for Tygra/Cheetara in the reboot. Fans of them can buy the comics. Even in the comics Lion-o was berated (Cheetara blames him for her rape) and not seen for awhile.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #476
L08e16o
Quote:
These writers of the last 2 episodes have made a mess it would take a miracle to clean up. I can't believe how quickly this show went downhill, I was looking forward to each episode before now I'm worried what they'll do next.
That is where I am at, I am scared to watch the next episode just to be more disappointed.

Some one said therre will be a flashback on why cheetara follows lion-o around. It better not be that he was a whimp and she had to protect as a big sister.

I don't care if they didn't intend for cheetara to be with lion-o, that is how each episode spoke to me. He said if you invest in each episode you would get more out of it. Well what was I suppose to get from the other 11 epsiodes. In a couple of minutes, they have unwriten the entire character development for lion-o, cheetara, and tygra. Are we suppose to ignore the first 11 episodes.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #477
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't understand the need for Tygra/Cheetara in the reboot. Fans of them can buy the comics. Even in the comics Lion-o was berated (Cheetara blames him for her rape) and not seen for awhile.
I thought they did the series to have something new.

Forcing T/C was bad for the entire series.

They better not make lion-o suck it up and move on. That would be BS.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #478
L08e16o
I thought lion-o was the star of the series, not tygra.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #479
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
If Cheetara really knew what happened in the Astral Plane...that must mean Cheetara doesn't care that Tygra nearly left Lion-o to die in that pit.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 12-07-2011 at 03:41 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #480
L08e16o
You got me thinking about the flower.

Jaga was never going to let cheetara die, he was testing her. Did tygra really give a flower to cheetara or was that something he made up. The flower was never present when jaga walked by. She dropped it when jaga picked her up, he would have know that the flower was there.

Maybe this is another hole in the story.

You would think they had tygra write the last two episodes.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #481
L08e16o
Quote:
Obviously not, Tygra is the real star. He gets the girl, he's "charming" for being a douche, and he never gets called out for anything, not even for nearly killing Lion-o twice. Obviously Cheetara doesn't care that be nearly left Lion-o to die in that pit.
Or how many times tygra has tired something like that.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #482
stormbringer
This show has been ruined at this point, they need to make a big change in the next episodes like giving Tygra evil mind powers turning him even temporarily into a villain, or revealing that Cheetara is a spy for Mumm-ra.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #483
L08e16o
Quote:
This show has been ruined at this point, they need to make a big change in the next episodes like giving Tygra evil mind powers turning him even temporarily into a villain, or revealing that Cheetara is a spy for Mumm-ra.
I hope cheetara is not a spy for mummra, that she has been fake this whole time.

Do you think tygra will betray lion-o? I thought all the signs show him betraying lion-o to be king.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #484
stormbringer
I could see him betraying Lion-o, he would probably regret it and end up trying to save Lion-os life in the end though.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #485
Paul
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I think he needs her to master the sword.
Funnily enough I need her to master my sword too.

When I decided to watch the series I had no idea that they would use Cheetara in a romantic way - and was really surprised and somewhat excited by the fact that she was really flirty with Lion-o. I have never been bothered about a romance between the two, but in the first 10 episodes there was one building nicely, I was drawn in - in fact, it was one of the reasons I continued to watch the series.

I agree with pretty much all the pro L/C brigade on here- until the last two episodes, there had been little to nothing between T/C and it does seem forced on the writers' part. And I'm a little disappointed by her choice - HOWEVER - the way they have built up the romance and the 'betrayal' has worked - it's gotten us all really riled!!! This is how Lion-o feels people!!

I think we should all keep watching, even those that doubt the integrity of the writers and the path the romance has chosen- there will be a reason for this to have happened, keep the faith
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #486
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

When I decided to watch the series I had no idea that they would use Cheetara in a romantic way - and was really surprised and somewhat excited by the fact that she was really flirty with Lion-o. I have never been bothered about a romance between the two, but in the first 10 episodes there was one building nicely, I was drawn in - in fact, it was one of the reasons I continued to watch the series.

I agree with pretty much all the pro L/C brigade on here- until the last two episodes, there had been little to nothing between T/C and it does seem forced on the writers' part. And I'm a little disappointed by her choice - HOWEVER - the way they have built up the romance and the 'betrayal' has worked - it's gotten us all really riled!!! This is how Lion-o feels people!!

I think we should all keep watching, even those that doubt the integrity of the writers and the path the romance has chosen- there will be a reason for this to have happened, keep the faith
Actually, a lot of the OS fans have dropped the show. I'm only going to watch a few more episodes and see if they can turn this around before i drop this series and sell my DVD. The only reason i can see is that they wanted to shock us.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 12-07-2011 at 04:04 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #487
L08e16o
Quote:
If Cheetara really knew what happened in the Astral Plane...that must mean Cheetara doesn't care that Tygra nearly left Lion-o to die in that pit.
She couldn't have know. Only tygra, lion-o, and mummra knew. How much does the elephant know. All he told cheetara was lion-o would be betrayed by tygra.

Wouldn't she make sure lion-o is ok first and then go to tygra.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #488
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
She couldn't have know. Only tygra, lion-o, and mummra knew. How much does the elephant know. All he told cheetara was lion-o would be betrayed by tygra.

Wouldn't she make sure lion-o is ok first and then go to tygra.
But she said: "I heard what happened in there (The Astral Plane)"
Old 12-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #489
L08e16o
Quote:

You can't just do something like that.

If T/C has been set in stone, I am done with the series and TC. A girl devotes herself to one person because he shown kindness at the age of 12.

What is the faith in, that tygra is a d(ck and gets everything and the girl.

I believe they will make make tygra look even better, while lion-o will just be a immature boy.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #490
L08e16o
Quote:
But she said: "I heard what happened in there (The Astral Plane)"
See that is what I don't understand. How could she know. Why didn't the other characters say something to lion-o or talk about it.

I can't believe cheetara would not say something about what tygra did to lion-o. It seems like she rewarded tygra for what he did.

That is so not cheetara's character we have seen. She has risk her life to save lion-o and now she does not care. Unless she has been playing lion-o this whole time.

I would hate her character if that is true.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-07-2011 at 05:02 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #491
stormbringer
At this point between Tygra and Cheetara the only adult that hasn't stabbed Lion-o in the back is Panthro. Lion-os best bet at this point is for Pumyra and Ben-gali to join up with him and hopefully be trustworthy.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #492
L08e16o
Quote:

No faith in the witers and series.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #493
stormbringer
These last 2 episodes destroyed the writers credibility with me.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #494
L08e16o
I can't believe they went in that direction if that is set in stone.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #495
stormbringer
The thing is, they really can't backtrack now that they've gone this far. Any attempt to squirm out of it would come across as just as or more insulting .
Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #496
L08e16o
Quote:
The thing is, they really can't backtrack now that they've gone this far. Any attempt to squirm out of it would come across as just as or more insulting .
If they did it right, I would be ok.

It was like the were hell bent to make T/C.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #497
stormbringer
I've never gotten T/C to be honest , I never even considered them together until I read the comics several years ago , and even then it seemed weird.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #498
L08e16o
They are so different from each other. If the setting was different like in the OS, I could see them being together due to lion-o being a kid that was transform to an adult.

This series had L/C writen all over it until two episodes. If they want to shock us, do they think that would be positive? Tygra personality sucks and how could they make her chose him. He never has changed and now he has her everything is good. He wants to be king, he was like that before cheetara was brought in.

That is why I agree lion-o needs to leave, let them fend for themselves. Remember, lion-o is only second best to tygra. How many times has the producers let us know this.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #499
bronwynn
Cleric
Quote:
Hollowdheart I hadn't thought of that, but you're right Cheetara cheated to become a cleric. Wow ,now I have another reason not to like her!
I really don't look at Cheetara eating the petals of the flower as 'cheating'. She was trying to show Jaga that she did indeed have patience. She sat outside the clericy for several days without leaving. She had nothing to drink or eat until Tygra left that day astrid for her. I don't think Jaga needed her to die from dehydration/starvation to prove patience, I think he just wanted to see that she wouldn't give up even if the situation looked hopeless. I think nibbling on the petals gave her some sustenance, but she still suffered to show patience and essentially was about to pass out when Jaga accepted her. In the end, the task was patience, not going without food/water. I don't think eating the astrid would be 'cheating' at all.
bronwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #500
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
It's cheating. Any way you try to make it seem like it isn't, it's totally cheating.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 12-07-2011 at 06:52 PM..