TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #701
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Wouldn't have a love triangle.
It will be a quadangle or "quadangle" after Pumyra comes into "play".

Old 03-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #702
Ruthie
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Agree. There is no point to kill him off. My coworkers who don't watch Tcats think that is stupid.
Whoa, whoa, wait. How do your co-workers, who don't watch Tcats, know enough about the show to think it's stupid to kill Lion-O?
Ruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #703
Ruthie
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Yeah, its definately not a pleasant environment if you don't worship T/C.
Yeah, this L/C worship environment is MUCH better!
Ruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #704
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post

Old 03-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #705
cmangund
Quote:
Since Pumyra is going to be a gladiator, I wonder if she and Cheetara will have a cat fight like they nearly did in the OS?
Whatever the reasons, be it "quadangle" or quadangle or tetraangle or "tetraangle" with Bengali and/or other reasons, high chance we will see the catfight of Cheetara VS Pumyra in "muddy" actions.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-30-2012 at 09:20 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #706
stormbringer
Quote:
Whatever the reasons, be it "quadangle" or quadangle or tetraangle or "tetraangle" with Bengali and/or other reasons, high chance we will see the catfight of Cheetara VS Pumyra.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #707
cmangund
Quote:
I wonder if Bengali will be Tygra's long lost brother?
High chance I think, since practically speaking Bengali is part of a Tiger clan. Will add some drama to Lion-O and Tygra's "damaged" brotherly relationship. Provided Jelenic is "smart" enough to write Bengali properly.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-30-2012 at 09:50 PM..
Old 03-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #708
stormbringer
Quote:
High change I think, since practically speaking Bengali is part of a Tiger clan. Will add some drama to Lion-O and Tygra "damaged" brotherly relationship. Provided Jelenic is "smart" enough to write Bengali properly.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #709
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah, it should be interesting seeing how Lion-o and Tygra's brotherly relationship, handles Tygra meeting his biological brother. Here's hoping Jelenic doesn't blow it.
Maybe Bengali will have an eye for Cheetara...There you go Tygra got another "competition".

Last edited by cmangund; 03-30-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 03-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #710
stormbringer
Quote:
Maybe Bengali will have an eye for Cheetara...There you go Tygra got another competition.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #711
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
Whoa, whoa, wait. How do your co-workers, who don't watch Tcats, know enough about the show to think it's stupid to kill Lion-O?
You talk at work don't you?
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #712
cmangund
Quote:
Ah, a new triangle. Tygra may not have as good luck against Bengali, as he did Lion-o.
The anorexic ho will be "in Love" with Bengali too, after seeing Bengali's "big hammer", nothing compared to Tygra's "gun" Thus things will get really messy indeed.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #713
Balgus82
Quote:
You talk at work don't you?
Not about tv usually. Most people I've worked with don't watch the same type of shows that I do. I find it a little unusual that they talk to you about Tcats if they don't actually watch it.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #714
stormbringer
Quote:
The anorexic ho will be "in Love" with Bengali too, after seeing Bengali's "big hammer", nothing compared to Tygra's "gun" Thus things will get really messy indeed.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #715
cmangund
Quote:
So will Lion-o and Pumyra get together, while the tiger brothers fight for Cheetara's affection?
Pumyra may have eyes for the three of them too, Tygra, Bengali and Lion-O.
So there you go, a verrry messy love story in the making by Jelenic.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #716
stormbringer
Quote:
Pumyra may have eyes for the three of them too, Tygra, Bengali and Lion-O.
So there you go, a verrry messy love story in the making by Jelenic.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #717
cmangund
Quote:
Yep, sounds like Jelenic!
So in the end Lion-O/Tygra/Bengali/Cheetara/Pumyra will be "busy" sorting it all out while Mumm-ra has conquered the planet.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #718
stormbringer
Quote:
So in the end Lion-O/Tygra/Bengali/Cheetara/Pumyra will be "busy" sorting it all out while Mumm-ra has conquered the planet.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #719
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Not about tv usually. Most people I've worked with don't watch the same type of shows that I do. I find it a little unusual that they talk to you about Tcats if they don't actually watch it.
They watch anime. They are not into the Tcats.

They don't like the main hero being killed.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #720
L08e16o
Quote:

Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #721
stormbringer
Quote:
Then Panthera comes back from the dead.
Lion-o's true love.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #722
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Nicely said, and I don't think the creators were trying to portray her that way at all (nor do I see her like that). She always cared deeply for Tygra but had an obligation to Lion-O. Unfortunately she's still young herself and the way she went about things contributed to (but are not solely responsible for) someone getting hurt. She's not perfect, she still makes mistakes.
EVERYONE in this show makes mistakes because the only way you can have strong character development is if those characters have flaws they need to overcome. Lion-O has his brashness and self-doubt, Tygra has his jealousy and resentment, and Cheetarah has to learn that maybe she doesn't know as much as she thought she did (please don't claim I'm accusing her of being a know-it-all, that's not my intention).
Actually I think Cheetara's biggest problem is the same one it showed in the flashback. Patience. She still jumps in without looking twice like a textbook speedster. in fights and in relationships me thinks.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #723
vincheng2k5
Thunder Kitty
I'm disappointed that Cheetara went from a strong female character to "the token female love interest who is to blame for EVERYTHING." How did this happen?

The portrayal of women in this show is deteriorating so quickly....
vincheng2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #724
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincheng2k5 View Post
I'm disappointed that Cheetara went from a strong female character to "the token female love interest who is to blame for EVERYTHING." How did this happen?

The portrayal of women in this show is deteriorating so quickly....
I don't think she's to blame for everything, and I don't think the producers think she's to blame, mistakes were made on both sides. Fans like to distort things to conform to their own personal version of how things should work. Personal experience comes into play too. Anyone who's ever had a crush friend-zone them could easily demonize Cheetarah and project their own assumptions on to her. Likewise someone who has unwittingly been the object of a crush that ended up inadvertently hurting their friend's feelings can do the same with Lion-O.

Cheetarah's still a good character who has some development to go through, that's all.

Last edited by SirSapphire; 03-30-2012 at 10:48 PM..
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #725
cmangund
Quote:
Then Panthera comes back from the dead.
So it will be "three on three" then: L/C/T/P/B/Pt.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:54 AM   #726
theking
Thunder Kitty
No matter how much we seem to dislike what the writers are doing, they don't seem to plan to stop till they satisfy they're own predictions lol. My only hope still standing is what they plan to do with Lion-O after his trials, if he emerges as a total badass with a more mature attitude then I will forgive they're past transgressions (until they destroy the plot again).

Jaga learned his lighting powers from Darth Vader, force lightning!!!

Last edited by theking; 03-31-2012 at 02:59 AM..
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #727
Balgus82
you mean the emperor. Vader couldn't use force lightning because of his cybernetics.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #728
mihoshi
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I just think Lion-O's gonna come out of his trials as a badass worthy of the titles "Lord of the Thundercats."
Agreed
mihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #729
mihoshi
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Since Pumyra is going to be a gladiator, I wonder if she and Cheetara will have a cat fight like they nearly did in the OS?
Any word on when Pumyra, Bengali, and Lynx-O (other than his early cameo) will appear in the series?
mihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #730
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Pumyra is in the episode after next, i think.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #731
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Pumyra is in the episode after next, i think.
nah she's a little after that.
First Trials part 2,
then Native Son,
then Survival of the Fittest
THEN the Pit which has Pumyra.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #732
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I think Bengali might make his debut in Native Son. New Alliances refers to the new evil generals after Grune was lost in Between Brothers.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #733
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
I am a big fan of T/P even if lion-o never gets with cheetara..
I come to the thread late but I cannot stop asking this question: since when? You've always said that besides L/C you were shipping B/P! What changed your mind?
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #734
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
It's been mentioned several times that Lion-O probably thought Tygra would have been able to find his way out. He's still gambling with his brother's life (which is pretty irresponsible) but it's because he has faith in Tygra.
You know, just for the sake of argument, Tygra's death could have been a win-win situtation for Lion-O: he gets rid of the brother who questions his decisions, and through his death he gets back at Cheetara for not choosing him. I do believe Lion-O is better than that, but he deadpanned that gamble and I said somewhere else (not in this forum) that he didn't even have the decency of looking guilty nor worried about his brother's fate, so any interpretation could be correct. We could come up with several others but unless they address this issue on the show, none of us is wrong, none of us is right.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #735
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
It's good Cheetara chose to surrender. Lion-O's decision does fall back on his inexperience at being a leader and his erratic behavior.

The show could have had the axe right on the skin of Tygra's neck with one quick slit that even Cheetara at super speed couldn't stop.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #736
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Excuse me? They all would have died if Panthro hadn't saved them. No, Lion-o's decision fell back because Cheetara wasn't willing to risk fighting and her boyfriend possibly dying, so she gave up and they all got captured. I doubt the writers would have let that happen, they love Tygra too much, and this is a kids show. Please stop talking.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #737
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Never. Cheetara's decision bought them some time and gave Tygra a bit of extra life time.

Anyway this does fall on Lion-O since he decided to charge head first into the enemies without doing any assessment or planning.

Just this time Cheetara just wasn't in the mood that today was a good day to die.

Last edited by Singe; 04-01-2012 at 12:20 AM..
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #738
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
?????

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-03-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #739
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I come to the thread late but I cannot stop asking this question: since when? You've always said that besides L/C you were shipping B/P! What changed your mind?
Never changed my mind. Always liked tygra and pumyra. I was just saying there are a lot of fans that like bengalai and pumyra.

Always liked to know what happen on 3rd earth with T/P.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #740
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I loved the bit where Slithe called them a Monkian and a Jackalman.
I was rewatching it and that went over my head!
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote