TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Plun-Darr Marketplace > Buy Sell Trade

Old 05-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #51
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by glane21 View Post
Whatever dude or dudette, as the case may be, you're a douchebag scalper. You know it. We all know it. Englishw pegged it up in the second post and he called it right. Your justifications are classic scalper logic. I mean you're just here to help us poor ignorant board members right? And hell at a bargain discount on what your first scalp went for. Hell's bells we should put your picture up in the banner for being full of such awesomeness.

Look, just list your stuff on eBay and be done with it. Don't come on a fanboard and expect to be heralded by the very group you're trying to gouge. That's just full on stupid.

By the way there are plenty of boxed Spectra Vondergeists on eBay and you've made enough on the Tygras to buy them. What's the problem? Don't want to pay $70 for a $20 toy? Funny how that works. Douchebag.

^these are the kind of people I Hope never get a Tygra, notice how you have to call names? I can do that to.... but Hey Just to be a complete B.... I got a line on another 1/2 dozen Tygras.. I will make sure I take a Pic and Post it your in box <3.
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #52
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjustis View Post
Badoom-crash!

And there you have it.

In all seriousness, starsapphire: it's not terribly funny, nor are the more biting comments merely a result of fanboy "frustration." Such bad feelings are a perfectly understandable reaction to someone hopping onboard and hocking excessively-priced toys to heartfelt fans - this is representative of someone interested not in participating in a community (something many folks here value greatly), but rather exclusively in making a substantial profit, to the considerable financial detriment of "fellow" fans.

"I'm just givin' the public what it wants!" is, indeed, classic profiteers neutralization - employed by hocksters since time immemorial, from Robber Barons to village soapbox salesmen - espoused this time by some juvenile on the internet selling toys. Old as dirt, and hardly unique - and terribly, terribly stale.

If you want to profit and profit alone, fine; that's your perogative. But such behavior is hardly a laudable thing, and make no mistake: will not be welcomed on this or any other fan-based message board. Just FYI.

I can understand your point, but if you look back at the first post, I offered them up, and tried to trade.. I approached the populace and laid out my cards, its the other folks to want to label things, Now I am being name called and such, and it so hurts my feelings (not really) I guess I will use the $100 bills to dry my tears

So far very few people have been "nice". it seems ever since English Muffin opened his yap, all his little supporters think they can act however they want, but thats ok, I Hope those who have taken thier whiny, crybaby ways and kicked dirt on me, pay out the butt for a Tygra. Those who were cool to me, if I can get them I will happily trade with them if they have things I want. Doesn't mean I want people sucking up to me or trying to be my 'new best friend' But I don't deserve to be name called either, btw this same thread is being posted so every can see it, and people are LOLin'g at some the replies of nerd rage. "poor me, scalper lady has tygras, and I dont! wah wah wah...
Old 05-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #53
glane21
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
I can understand your point, but if you look back at the first post, I offered them up, and tried to trade.. I approached the populace and laid out my cards, its the other folks to want to label things, Now I am being name called and such, and it so hurts my feelings (not really) I guess I will use the $100 bills to dry my tears

So far very few people have been "nice". it seems ever since English Muffin opened his yap, all his little supporters think they can act however they want, but thats ok, I Hope those who have taken thier whiny, crybaby ways and kicked dirt on me, pay out the butt for a Tygra. Those who were cool to me, if I can get them I will happily trade with them if they have things I want. Doesn't mean I want people sucking up to me or trying to be my 'new best friend' But I don't deserve to be name called either, btw this same thread is being posted so every can see it, and people are LOLin'g at some the replies of nerd rage. "poor me, scalper lady has tygras, and I dont! wah wah wah...

Heh, I don't need a Tygra so my opinion is not based on anything other than the obvious truth of what a jackhole you are. Your first post says nothing about trades. Not until you got static did bring that up. And like I said, there are plenty of your fellow kind offering the Monster High you want on eBay. So why are you bitching about the cost on those? They're just offering the same valuable service you are on Tygra, right?

But by all means, continue telling us how awesome you are. And how you're not really the douchbag scalper that we know you are trying to avoid eBay fees on a fan board.
glane21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #54
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by glane21 View Post
Heh, I don't need a Tygra so my opinion is not based on anything other than the obvious truth of what a jackhole you are. Your first post says nothing about trades. Not until you got static did bring that up. And like I said, there are plenty of your fellow kind offering the Monster High you want on eBay. So why are you bitching about the cost on those? They're just offering the same valuable service you are on Tygra, right?

But by all means, continue telling us how awesome you are. And how you're not really the douchbag scalper that we know you are trying to avoid eBay fees on a fan board.

right, lol I bet your like 300lbs with 0 real life friends and since when did i complain? Oh thats right, I didn't....... I pointed out examples, like how I am gonna do now, its people like you who make the internet fun, because of "fans" like you who want to sit behind there computers and act sooooo tuff and "cool".. I don't have to tell you how awesome I am, because I wake up feeling great every day, I am not gonna give you any more attention though, just like english muffin, Im'a ignore you. so please post away, and name call, and cry and or whine.... kick your feet and throw around your "opinion" as you feverishly drag your knuckles across the keyboard in further attempts to insult me
Old 05-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #55
glane21
Thunder Kitty
BWAHAHAHA! LOL!! The scalper rage burns! Just leave your schtick on eBay. No one's buying your line of bull here.
glane21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #56
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
I got a line on another 1/2 dozen Tygras..
Ok NOW thats hoarding..... Unless you give me one
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #57
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
She's in it for the money primarily and got caught here and doesn't want to admit it. So instead, she is ignoring those she doesn't like, calls others names, and makes bad assumptions about everyone else. I wish we could vote people off our island...
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #58
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I bet your like 300lbs with 0 real life friends...its people like you who make the internet fun, because of "fans" like you who want to sit behind there computers and act sooooo tuff and "cool".. I don't have to tell you how awesome I am, because I wake up feeling great every day, I am not gonna give you any more attention though, just like english muffin, Im'a ignore you.
Quoted for irony. Sad, misguided, pitiful irony.

Oh starsapphire...what a silly, silly mess you've made. At least your true flag's a-flyin' now, sweetie. Spade's a spade.

In all seriousness: no need to work yourself all lathery. Take your medicine - and hopefully, take it elsewhere.

Last edited by gjustis; 05-29-2012 at 11:42 AM..
gjustis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #59
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
She's in it for the money primarily
Oh yeah, thats a given, it would have just been nice if the prices offered on a fan messageboard would have been a bit lower. However, as we all usually just help each other out here (Love the .WS!) at cost/small profit (think gas money, search time), I doubt any of us would lay out 70+ for a Tygra and Im sure she gets that by now. Its sad it had to resort to name calling and bad vibes.

If she needs the money, I hope it goes to good use! Around christmas time I jack my prices up a bit (cant lie) but I donate any of that extra money to go buy toys for a local children's hospital. (See on the exterior im a asshole, but inside Im a thundercat to the core!!!!!!)

So hopefully a Tygra will come all of our way's soon with the UK shipments. Be strong my friends!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #60
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
I will also say, folks like Kregermeister have been FAR more pleasant and optomistic than you deserve, Ms. Guided. Be thankful.

For the record, you'll presumably be resorting to the ironic [read: DEEPLY ironic] personal jabs for the bulk of the remainder of this thread, as you have above, and that's fine...it's terribly transparent and easy to understand. But make no mistake: at this point, despite your standard rationalizing and attempted insults of others, you look to all the world - at least the world of this humble little board - a toy scalper caricature.

If that works for you, cool. To each his/her own.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #61
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
I would still like to know, where in this thread, (and only in this thread I stated a price) I have given people quotes on what they sold for in e-mail, and stated I would be looking for "Close to that"

Also, wasnt the first people to call names and "throw rocks" the people on this board? when someone does it back though they are considered "Bad"

How Very Hypocritical

Well again for the cause, just to keep it interesting,

I will have 6 more tygras SOON

If someone can grab or ship me a original issue Spectra MIB, or original clawdeen...... I will be willing to include $5 (retail for retail) and trade them

Or if you have a trade list, I will be more than happy to hear offers.

we can do "retail for retail" or hard to find for hard to find"

it doesn't matter to me.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #62
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
So, my dear star, let's say as a hypotethical - in an ideal scenario from your standpoint - you work out trades for each of your two wishlist MH dolls...what of the other four Tygras of which you're purportedly coming into possession?

Should I assume you'll be making a far more admirable contribution to the fan collecting community, such as selling those Tygras to legitimate fans for retail + reasonable associated fees (shipping and perhaps travel) rather than...say...trying to hock $70+ action figures to devotees? Or is that perhaps far too presumptuous of me?

Would it be wiser, given your stance thus far, to assume you'll just turn 'em around for a quick buck at the expense of the collective?

From where I sit, the choice is terribly clear. You have a chance to help out some real fans here -whether you choose to wear a white hat or black, the sort of person you are is entirely up to you.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #63
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
So, my dear star, let's say as a hypotethical - in an ideal scenario from your standpoint - you work out trades for each of your two wishlist MH dolls...what of the other four Tygras of which you're purportedly coming into possession?

Should I assume you'll be making a far more admirable contribution to the fan collecting community, such as selling those Tygras to legitimate fans for retail + reasonable associated fees (shipping and perhaps travel) rather than...say...trying to hock $70+ action figures to devotees? Or is that perhaps far too presumptuous of me?

Would it be wiser, given your stance thus far, to assume you'll just turn 'em around for a quick buck at the expense of the collective?

From where I sit, the choice is terribly clear. You have a chance to help out some real fans here -whether you choose to wear a white hat or black, the sort of person you are is entirely up to you.

Actually only 1 person in this thread even made an attempt to contact me so far, so chances are one of them will be spoken for, I am keeping one for me, so that makes 4.. I will probably ask my FB friends if they need it, as I deal with them daily vs folks on a board who chose to attack me, Do i sell things for above retail yes, do i make a living at "no" I have a real job and sometimes I get lucky, Am I out to rub it in peoples face no... will I take a chance to profit from something yes, (I buy from those I sell to alot) Also, My cost is not 'exactly 17.99 a figure or w/e... However being a "good sport" I offered someone a tygra at "retail" cost + 5 because they were 14.99... did i pay anywhere close to what they sold for on ebay? no. i dont disclose what I buy things for, But If I chose to offer something at a high price, or a lower price to make a friend, thats my choice.. you'd be suprised that happens when your nice to people, you never know who and or what you will be able to get, now or in the future, I have a HUGE network of people. but those who were dicks to me can go get bent. I collect alot more than TC's.. so I may have something you want and can cut awesome deals or know someone who can.. I got a renegades storm shadow today for 20 shipped from a friend...... also I have a line on other new stuff coming.. not trying to brag or offer anything else for sale, just stating 'reality'
Old 05-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #64
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
Awesome. Fabulous. Same ol' song & dance...

It's very, VERY simple: you'll act either collegially or opportunistically - you'll either offer your newly-acquired lot for sale at reasonable cost in, for example, the FS forum, or you'll simply blow hot air - as you've done for days - while you continue w/ the status quo, gathering & gouging and trying your veryvery best to play the saintly-seller-market-friendly hat.

If I had to guess, my money's on the latter.

To once again be plain, without substantive action on your point (particularly when you have an impending chance to provide it), the rhetorical attempts to play the pally do-gooder are absolutely pointless. Posters have been critical for damned good reason - given your MO and pretty straightforward intent, you frankly should've expected no less.

Folks here are far smarter than you obviously give them credit for. You really should do right by them.

Last edited by gjustis; 05-29-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #65
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Awesome. Fabulous. Same ol' song & dance...

It's very, VERY simple: you'll act either collegially or opportunistically - you'll either offer your newly-acquired lot for sale at reasonable cost in, for example, the FS forum, or you'll simply blow hot air - as you've done for days - while you continue w/ the status quo, gathering & gouging and trying your veryvery best to play the saintly-seller-market-friendly hat.

If I had to guess, my money's on the latter.

To once again be plain, without substantive action on your point (particularly when you have an impending chance to provide it), the rhetorical attempts to play the pally do-gooder are absolutely pointless. Posters have been critical for damned good reason - given your MO and pretty straightforward intent, you frankly should've expected no less.

Folks here are far smarter than you obviously give them credit for. You really should do right by them.

Well from my understanding, the cases were offered to places like entertainment earth, and various other retailers, I know folks who have wholesale bandai accounts. My question is... how come these passionate fans did not split a case with a friend? and or possibly buy a pair of them when they were offered? Didn't someone comment they were for sale on ebay with cheetara a while ago?..

If someone has something that has limited availability, why should they give it away?

If someone had something new or hot, I would either A. Wait for it to drop (if it ever goes,) B. pay the price the market is asking or C. Network with my friends and folks who know who to contact in order to get what I need.

But The answer is never (or ever) should be fight about it on a message board. at the end of the day, you have only wasted your energies, and time, and the instigators still end up with what they had before, which is nothing

However, they do lose a possible future contact who may have been able to hook them up,

Just to be fair, It also works both ways, If i came back tomorrow, and asked people viewing this thread "Oh hi, i need figure ABC, I am sure some would say $1000000.000"

but thats there prerogative, i am not gonna complain or attack them, I will just go.... Ok Umm thanks. moving on
Old 05-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #66
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Well from my understanding, the cases were offered to places like entertainment earth, and various other retailers, I know folks who have wholesale bandai accounts. My question is... how come these passionate fans did not split a case with a friend? and or possibly buy a pair of them when they were offered? Didn't someone comment they were for sale on ebay with cheetara a while ago?..

If someone has something that has limited availability, why should they give it away?

If someone had something new or hot, I would either A. Wait for it to drop (if it ever goes,) B. pay the price the market is asking or C. Network with my friends and folks who know who to contact in order to get what I need.

But The answer is never (or ever) should be fight about it on a message board. at the end of the day, you have only wasted your energies, and time, and the instigators still end up with what they had before, which is nothing

However, they do lose a possible future contact who may have been able to hook them up,

Just to be fair, It also works both ways, If i came back tomorrow, and asked people viewing this thread "Oh hi, i need figure ABC, I am sure some would say $1000000.000"

but thats there prerogative, i am not gonna complain or attack them, I will just go.... Ok Umm thanks. moving on
So your justification now becomes, "some other guy might be as jerky as I've been, so it's cool?" Oh star, you poor thing.

The fact is this: the fault for the reaction you've prompted lies with you, and with you alone. You came here, offered your overpriced wares, and were called out for doing exactly what it was you were doing. No one has asked you to give anything away, certainly; what they've [understandably] asked for is that you share your good fortune, something so very fundamental to a community, rather than the continued disinterested gouging and that's defined your short tenure.

You're apparently nothing more than an internet toy scalper - and hey, that's fine, but don't get all puffed up for looking like ten bajillion other slimeballs out there. Yes indeed, you may well wind up with some price-inflated sales to random buyer X on ebay...but coming to this fan forum in the manner you have will certainly leave you with pitifully few friends, and with a boatload of ill will...not that you're interested in those silly things.

As you repeatedly cede, no one likes the opportunistic scalper charging $1000000.000 for a toy they've simply been fortunate enough to stuble across - that's all you've been, and despite the circles, all you're apparently going to continue to be. You're simply no better than you look.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #67
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
This thread is still going?
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #68
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
So your justification now becomes, "some other guy might be as jerky as I've been, so it's cool?" Oh star, you poor thing.

The fact is this: the fault for the reaction you've prompted lies with you, and with you alone. You came here, offered your overpriced wares, and were called out for doing exactly what it was you were doing. No one has asked you to give anything away, certainly; what they've [understandably] asked for is that you share your good fortune, something so very fundamental to a community, rather than the continued disinterested gouging and that's defined your short tenure.

You're apparently nothing more than an internet toy scalper - and hey, that's fine, but don't get all puffed up for looking like ten bajillion other slimeballs out there. Yes indeed, you may well wind up with some price-inflated sales to random buyer X on ebay...but coming to this fan forum in the manner you have will certainly leave you with pitifully few friends, and with a boatload of ill will...not that you're interested in those silly things.

As you repeatedly cede, no one likes the opportunistic scalper charging $1000000.000 for a toy they've simply been fortunate enough to stuble across - that's all you've been, and despite the circles, all you're apparently going to continue to be. You're simply no better than you look.

Ok so again with the selective viewing of post Material,

where did I post in this thread a price?

I stated i was looking to trade for Tygra or sell it,

Still waiting on the NBOX flood of offers for spectra/clawdeen

Also waiting to hear about any other possible trade offers for Tygra
Old 05-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #69
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
This is still a thing huh?
Old 05-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #70
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I will just go.... Ok Umm thanks. moving on
I thought that meant we voted her off the island... guess not. *sigh*

lol
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #71
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Apparently
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #72
Mongor
You got red on you.
This thread needs to be locked, beaten, burned alive and deleted already.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #73
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
This thread needs to be locked, beaten, burned alive and deleted already.
And have its face eaten. #Miami
Old 05-31-2012, 01:06 AM   #74
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
I like potatoes.