TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #701
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Lion-o better run.
Lion-O and Panthera running away from home, with Panthro and his thundertank hot on their trails...
Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #702
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
And the soap opera continues... I wonder when Claudus' long lost child shows up?
Sooner or later it will be revealed. The third possible heir to the throne.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #703
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Sooner or later it will be revealed. The third possible heir to the throne.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #704
cmangund
Quote:
If its a daughter of Claudus, Panthro will finally have a love interest.
And things will get "really hot and hairy" from there...

Old 04-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #705
stormbringer
Quote:
And things will get "really hot and hairy" from there...

Old 04-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #706
cmangund
Quote:
She can also have a "discussion" with Cheetara about what she's been doing with her brothers.
Uh-oh Cheetara you better watch out! Things will not end well for Cheetara...

Old 04-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #707
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
even if she had chosen to fight and Kaynar killed Tygra they would've been outnumbered and outmatched.
Yep, the fight was lost once Tygra was beaten. Lion-O and Cheetara weren't making any ground in their own bouts. Kaynar free to attack either of them. Cheetara suffering an emotional blow for losing her mate.

Last edited by Singe; 04-03-2012 at 07:23 PM..
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #708
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Yep, the fight was lost once Tygra was beaten. Lion-O and Cheetara weren't making any ground in their own bouts. Kaynar free to attack either of them. Cheetara suffering an emotional blow for losing her mate.
I still think tygra would've moved and was waiting for the right moment. The writing was just bad. I would've liked it if went down like this : when attic and kaynar jumper out instead of tygra going down there he stayed up on the hill and use his sniper rifle and cheetara runs in and pulls lion-o out of trouble the captured lizards see the cats still helped them and escape in the confusion. Slithe atticus and kaynar retreat and tygra says hey lion-o I saved your tail again. You know that was the usual pattern before
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #709
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
It's okay for the Cats to lose a fight. The problem is that the writers don't seem to know how to do that without having them fight like idiots. Which is unfortunate, because it undermines every single character on the show.

It makes it look like the cats are slightly retarded, and it makes it so the villains aren't credible threats because they only win when the cats are being dumb.

Better written fights, where the cats win, or lose, based on luck and circumstance rather than plot-based stupidity would make the whole thing better. Better heroes, scarier villains, etc.

I know I use the Last Airbender as an example a lot, but once again Thundercats could learn something from it here. That is a show where the heroes win, lose, and escape regularly without ever having to behave truly dumb to explain their losses. They lose because the villains are strong.

They need to give the villains an upgrade. Give them all new weapons that make them credible threats to the cats with the cats fighting at full strength. Use it to write more dangerous fights and to sell toys. Win, win. Atticus and Caynar are a step in the right direction, but not quite far enough.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-03-2012 at 08:45 PM..
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #710
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Two episodes in Season 2 and not a single, "Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats. HOOOOOOO!"

So far the addition to Atticus and Kaynar got two wins over them.

I'm still waiting to see if the Ancient Spirits of Evil will have a talking part.

Last edited by Singe; 04-03-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #711
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Two episodes in Season 2 and not a single, "Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats. HOOOOOOO!"

I'm still waiting to see if the Ancient Spirits of Evil will have a talking part.
I agree completely, I get that they're trying to make it more special and less repetative by not having it happen every time, but let's face it. It's the payoff to the entire freeking concept. I WANT to see him say it. It causes that tingly nostalgic sensation.

DO IT MORE.

Yeah, I'm liking the new villains. Need a little bit of work, but definitely a good addition.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #712
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
It's okay for the Cats to lose a fight. The problem is that the writers don't seem to know how to do that without having them fight like idiots. Which is unfortunate, because it undermines every single character on the show.

It makes it look like the cats are slightly retarded, and it makes it so the villains aren't credible threats because they only win when the cats are being dumb.

Better written fights, where the cats win, or lose, based on luck and circumstance rather than plot-based stupidity would make the whole thing better. Better heroes, scarier villains, etc.

I know I use the Last Airbender as an example a lot, but once again Thundercats could learn something from it here. That is a show where the heroes win, lose, and escape regularly without ever having to behave truly dumb to explain their losses. They lose because the villains are strong.

They need to give the villains an upgrade. Give them all new weapons that make them credible threats to the cats with the cats fighting at full strength. Use it to write more dangerous fights and to sell toys. Win, win. Atticus and Caynar are a step in the right direction, but not quite far enough.
Exactly. Notice how the ThunderCats sometimes conveniently forget their abilities or are depowered significantly, especially when it could be of most use of them.

Take the battle at the end of episode 14.
Cheetara forgets her super-speed, even when she could have used it to save Tygra. Tygra simply smirks like a fool at Lino-O; so much for all those lessons in battle strategy with Claudus. Lion-O, who previously held his own against an entire lizard battalion, seemingly finds it difficult to take on Slithe.

Or take the latest debacle that was their capture in episode 15. I understand the writers wanted to show the viewers that the Cats were taken by surprise but this was ridiculous.

Cheetara once again mysteriously forgets to use super-speed, even to go to Tygra’s help. Lion-O loses the Sword due to a single shot, then basically stands there waiting to be captured.
Mr. Fantastic... sorry… Panthro, who knocked out all three mutants in less than five seconds last time, was nowhere to be seen! The writers had no idea what to do with him; they didn’t even bother showing him during this “fight.”

Consistency does not seem to be an ability the writers possess.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #713
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

I never really saw the point of lion-o doing the whole thundercats hooo thing in this series.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #714
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
I never really saw the point of lion-o doing the whole thundercats hooo thing in this series.
It's the show's version of a comeback/turnaround to win.

Superman has his theme music play as he turns it around.

Naruto has their own comeback music when the fight turns around.

The main point is to excite the fans that their hero is going to win, like WWE excite when a wrestler has the crowd going wild by chaining signature moves to set up for the finisher.

Last edited by Singe; 04-03-2012 at 09:30 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #715
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Does anyone know how long Paul Giacoppo has been writing episodes?

Last edited by hollowdheart; 04-03-2012 at 09:40 PM..
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #716
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Exactly. Notice how the ThunderCats sometimes conveniently forget their abilities or are depowered significantly, especially when it could be of most use of them.

Cheetara forgets her super-speed, even when she could have used it to save Tygra. Tygra simply smirks like a fool at Lino-O; so much for all those lessons in battle strategy with Claudus. Lion-O, who previously held his own against an entire lizard battalion, seemingly finds it difficult to take on Slithe.

Or take the latest debacle that was their capture in episode 15. I understand the writers wanted to show the viewers that the Cats were taken by surprise but this was ridiculous.

Cheetara once again mysteriously forgets to use super-speed, even to go to Tygra’s help. Lion-O loses the Sword due to a single shot, then basically stands there waiting to be captured.
Mr. Fantastic... sorry… Panthro, who knocked out all three mutants in less than five seconds last time, was nowhere to be seen! The writers had no idea what to do with him; they didn’t even bother showing him during this “fight.”

Well it seems they remembered to have her Super Speed sound effects go off as she acrobats around Atticus in 14.

Also Lion-O forgot to fire the claws to grapple to the side of the mountain in 15.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #717
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Well it seems they remembered to have her Super Speed sound effects go off as she acrobats around Atticus in 14.

Also Lion-O forgot to fire the claws to grapple to the side of the mountain in 15.
Maybe the claws only work with the sword in tandem? I blame the writers though. That or him passing out before he could use them
Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #718
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
this makes me sad.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #719
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post

I will be nice to the writers on some of the things. I think they have so much to pack in one episode that they leave out stuff that Adults would pick up, but not kids.

That shot was to the back, he was not expecting it.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #720
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Does anyone know how long Paul Giacoppo has been writing episodes?
I thought he only did the flower arch.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #721
L08e16o
Quote:
And the soap opera continues... I wonder when Claudus' long lost child shows up?

Come find out his daughter is the rightful heir to the throne and can use SBS better than lion-o.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #722
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
You people have worn me out. I'll be back when Part 2 airs. I'll be hanging with the bronies if you need me.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #723
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I thought he only did the flower arch.
I was talking about if he had written "love triangle/romance", before it. I checked on the internet, and for some reason it said he worked on HP and PS/SS, which i find odd since i own in and his name isn't anywhere on the credits.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #724
Balgus82
Dan Norton told me once that on the pre-animation side of things they only have about 3 weeks to do everything for each episode. They're probably forced to cut a few corners.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #725
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Why would they forget their powers?

The show needed the two new villains to beat the Thundercats, but not while the Thundercats are fighting at their best.

There is a difference between losing and losing after giving it everything you had.

Also the love triangle conflict could be written as affecting the minds of Lion-O, Tygra, and Cheetara.

Lion-O can forget his powers at times since he's got a lot of things in his head at once.

Last edited by Singe; 04-04-2012 at 10:55 AM..
Old 04-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #726
L08e16o
Quote:
Why would they forget their powers?

The show needed the two new villains to beat the Thundercats, but not while the Thundercats are fighting at their best.

There is a difference between losing and losing after giving it everything you had.

Also the love triangle conflict could be written as affecting the minds of Lion-O, Tygra, and Cheetara.

Lion-O can forget his powers at times since he's got a lot of things in his head at once.
I disagree, it is plot convenience.

I was in the military; all we ever do was train. We train so it would be like second nature to us. Didn't matter what was going on at home, people would stick to the mission until it was done.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #727
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I disagree, it is plot convenience.

I was in the military; all we ever do was train. We train so it would be like second nature to us. Didn't matter what was going on at home, people would stick to the mission until it was done.
Panthro is the military guy, the rest are not. Tygra was in training. Cheetara is of a different order that would have their own ways.

Lion-O is still green and needs a lot of discipline training to go through, not to mention the list baggage.

Lost his father.
Lost his Kingdom.
Most of his people wiped out.
Has to unite the other animals to beat Mumm-ra.
Broken heart.
Personal issues with Tygra and Cheetara.
Difficult quest to find the other stones.
Constantly being hunted by Mumm-ra's army.
Teenager
King responsibilities.
Team Leader responsibilities.

Last edited by Singe; 04-04-2012 at 06:08 PM..
Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #728
Balgus82
We all know that they don't spend all their free time training. Most of their time is spent traveling.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #729
L08e16o
Quote:
We all know that they don't spend all their free time training. Most of their time is spent traveling.
How many years did they train? Cheetara, since 12.

You don't forget.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #730
L08e16o
Quote:
Panthro is the military guy, the rest are not. Tygra was in training. Cheetara is of a different order that would have their own ways.

Lion-O is still green and needs a lot of discipline training to go through, not to mention the list baggage.

Lost his father.
Lost his Kingdom.
Most of his people wiped out.
Has to unite the other animals to beat Mumm-ra.
Broken heart.
Personal issues with Tygra and Cheetara.
Difficult quest to find the other stones.
Constantly being hunted by Mumm-ra's army.
Teenager
King responsibilities.
Team Leader responsibilities.
I am referring to cheetara. Her order is very discipline.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #731
cmangund
Quote:
Some people are die hard tygra fans, you're not going to win. Lion-o is bad, tygra is god.
Lion-O is the supposed to be star of the show, he has "the rights" to be the "Thunder-god". Tygra should stick with making sandwiches for Lion-O like Big Snarf said way back.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #732
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-O is the supposed to be star of the show, he has "the rights" to be the "Thunder-god". Tygra should stick with making sandwiches for Lion-O like Big Snarf said way back.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #733
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #734
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

If Lion-O haters wanted to take a piss on him, they wouldnt have to. His fans do it for him

Now, once he completes these trials everyone around him wont have to be weak in order for him to be strong. Yeah, everyone's happy.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #735
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
If Lion-O haters wanted to take a piss on him, they wouldnt have to. His fans do it for him
I don't want to be thought of as a Lion-O hater. I don't hate Lion-O. I just expect more from him sometimes. I rather like him in the episodes where he doesn't do stupid things. The premiere. Berbils. etc.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #736
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I don't want to be thought of as a Lion-O hater. I don't hate Lion-O. I just expect more from him sometimes. I rather like him in the episodes where he doesn't do stupid things. The premiere. Berbils. etc.
Neither do I, which is why it's irritating that anyone who has one negative thing to say about the guy is labeled an irrational hater.

The point of that last was to poke fun at some of the conflicting post in here. You want him to be some great leader who everyone respects, yet some of the stuff in here would suggest Lion-O be a whiny brat with a pocket full of excuses. Or, like the post I qouted, someone who needs to be around people he can walk all over. Nothing strong or awe inspiring about that
Old 04-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #737
L08e16o
This is a cartoon. Writers are the ones who make him weak.

Weak sauce, I haven't heard that since the 90s on the basketball court.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #738
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Weak sauce, I haven't heard that since the 90s on the basketball court.
LOL, I was born in the early 90's, but I doubt I was toddaling around on basketball courts. Eh, they say it's all circling around. "Sauce" was actually the more delicate version.

If every problem we have with a character is suppose to "blamed" on the writers then what is to be said about character growth and development? How do we know its a weakness of the writer, or a character flaw? These characters are not suppose to be cookie cutter perfect. What you might call a weakness, may actually be an intentional flaw intended for that character.

If all the problems we have with characters are to be blamed on the writers, then why is Lion-O the only one with this crutch? How come everyone else is written off as bad, while Lion-O is just a victim of shoddy writers ?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #739
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
If all the problems we have with characters are to be blamed on the writers, then why is Lion-O the only one with this crutch? How come everyone else is written off as bad, while Lion-O is just a victim of shoddy writers ?
No, Lion O isn't, they all have this issue of shoddy writers
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #740
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Two episodes in and it has been far to long not to see Mumm-ra inject Super Happy Fun Time Anger Go Go Juice into his bony hide.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #741
cmangund
Quote:
Agreed. There are tons of different ways to do it without making him weak.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #742
stormbringer
Quote:

Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #743
cmangund
Quote:
It seems all the TCats come down with amnesia, when it comes to remembering their skills and abilities in a fight.
Worst part JMD is involved in it. With or without Jelenic on his 'tail', "dictating him" one way or the other.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #744
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
No, Lion O isn't, they all have this issue of shoddy writers
Thank you, that was my point.

How did lion-o know the stone was in the AP?
Old 04-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #745
L08e16o
Quote:

It seems like mummra is the real test, not tygra.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #746
L08e16o
Quote:
LOL, I was born in the early 90's, but I doubt I was toddaling around on basketball courts. Eh, they say it's all circling around. "Sauce" was actually the more delicate version.

If every problem we have with a character is suppose to "blamed" on the writers then what is to be said about character growth and development? How do we know its a weakness of the writer, or a character flaw? These characters are not suppose to be cookie cutter perfect. What you might call a weakness, may actually be an intentional flaw intended for that character.

Hey, my nephew was dribbling with his left hand (right handed) at 4.

I am not saying that. I am saying everyone is a victim of shoddy writing.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #747
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I agree, but that is what they seem like they are doing.

It seems like mummra is the real test, not tygra.
Yes, and no. I think Lion-O inferiority complex needs to be taken care of. He and his brother won't ever reach a place of harmony, if Lion-O is constantly fighting to prove he's right and Tygra's wrong. Maybe that's why his answers to all of Tygra's suggestions are, "I'm the king ". He wont allow them to follow any of the suggestions his brother may have, because he's afraid they'll begin to see him as the better option.SPOILER TEXT I think the Tygra trial was a test, regardless of Mumm-Ra. Lion-O failing it just proves he needs to work it out. Maybe this is the type of problem that calls for both parties to be present. Not just Lion-O, and Lion-O's subconscious.

Last edited by Chique; 04-06-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #748
OmenBill
CyberGhost
Quote:
Yes, and no. I think Lion-O inferiority complex needs to be taken care of. He and his brother won't ever reach a place of harmony, if Lion-O is constantly fighting to prove he's right and Tygra's wrong. Maybe that's why his answers to all of Tygra's suggestions are, "I'm the king ". He wont allow them to follow any of the suggestions his brother may have, because he's afraid they'll begin to see him as the better option. I think the Tygra trial was a test, regardless of Mumm-Ra. Lion-O failing it just proves he needs to work it out. Maybe this is the type of problem that calls for both parties to be present. Not just Lion-O, and Lion-O's subconscious.
First off "Hi everybody!"

This, honestly I think Lion-O if he does make it back from the spirit realm, is most likely going to train under Tigra in later episodes. At this point the writers have made it clear that Lion-O doubts his abilities to be king, so far Tigra is still able to beat his brother up whether he's the real Tigra or the AP Tigra, and Tigra looks down on his brother because in his eyes Lion-O never had the same dedication that he had in the past. Plus the real Tigra said you could learn a few things from us.

Now if Lion-O starts to learn under Tigra, the character roles change to student and teacher rather than just brothers. Possibly a stronger bond between the two characters, since Tigra learned everything from Claudius. Hopefully overcoming their differences in that seem to be the cause of the little quips and arguments they throw at each other.

This of course is just a theory, I don't know for sure, but hopefully in some way shape or form this rivalry between the two of them gets settled. Since the Thundercats are suppose to be a close team, pretty much a family, and they haven't been a very good team these past couple of episodes.
OmenBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #749
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmenBill View Post
First off "Hi everybody!"

This, honestly I think Lion-O if he does make it back from the spirit realm, is most likely going to train under Tigra in later episodes. At this point the writers have made it clear that Lion-O doubts his abilities to be king, so far Tigra is still able to beat his brother up whether he's the real Tigra or the AP Tigra, and Tigra looks down on his brother because in his eyes Lion-O never had the same dedication that he had in the past. Plus the real Tigra said you could learn a few things from us.

Now if Lion-O starts to learn under Tigra, the character roles change to student and teacher rather than just brothers. Possibly a stronger bond between the two characters, since Tigra learned everything from Claudius. Hopefully overcoming their differences in that seem to be the cause of the little quips and arguments they throw at each other.

This of course is just a theory, I don't know for sure, but hopefully in some way shape or form this rivalry between the two of them gets settled. Since the Thundercats are suppose to be a close team, pretty much a family, and they haven't been a very good team these past couple of episodes.
It will probably be more like he learns from everyone to become a more well rounded character.

Just for the sake of the series, I would like to see a Monarchy vs. Democracy clash. Something like Lion-O pushing the King title around against a cat clan that elects their leaders.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #750
OmenBill
CyberGhost
Quote:
It will probably be more like he learns from everyone to become a more well rounded character.

Just for the sake of the series, I would like to see a Monarchy vs. Democracy clash. Something like Lion-O pushing the King title around against a cat clan that elects their leaders.
It's possible, but Lion-O did as far as we can tell win all the other cat's trials. Where as he couldn't win against the AP Tigra. I'm not saying he doesn't have things to learn from the other cats, but it seems like he still has more to learn in order to overcome whatever it is holding him back whenever these two clash. Plus it's that story like irony "sometimes you don't know enough about the people closest to you".

As for the Monarchy vs Democracy, it could be pretty interesting to see, but that sort of takes away from the way we've seen most of the cat people live which was under a monarchy. I don't know if they would change their leadership positions so quickly after they lost the Cat Kingdom, unless we're talking about a sub group that weren't a part of Thundera.
OmenBill is offline   Reply With Quote