TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 03-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
test
You don't stand a chance
I know this topic has been done to death , but has any news surfaced regarding deluxe slithe ??
I was lucky enough to buy one ages ago when they first surfaced on ebay at a relatively cheap price and have kept it mint in sealed box with the rest of my collection ....
But now I have every single thundercats 2011/2012 figure moc apart from metal arms panthro I am kinda feeling at a dead end with it all due to the end of the show and the toy line ..... I'm Getting tempted to sell up everything and just concentrate on classics thundercats and transformers masterpieces ....
But it would be a shame after all the effort I put in to getting them all lol

So anyways .... I guess I'm just curious about the status of slithe in the USA .... Has he started showing up or is this guy gonna become my treasure item and retirement fund for the future lol
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
This figure shows up on ebay every now and then, but at high prices. There are currently only two on ebay right now, one for $79.99 + $10.85 shipping and the other for $57.99 + $15.13 shipping. It's still the rarest from the bandai 2011 CN series.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Luketommo2
Thunder Kitty
One had just appeared on eBay.co.uk as an auction but I spoke to the seller and agreed a £40 buy it now and I'm so happy with this

This will be like a liono thunder wings in years to come!

The value will be in the £100's in a few years
Luketommo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
booshman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luketommo2 View Post
One had just appeared on eBay.co.uk as an auction but I spoke to the seller and agreed a £40 buy it now and I'm so happy with this

I've sold a couple loose and have one for my own collection, no accessories though. Been keeping an eye on the prices as they pop up and they are pretty steep.

I highly doubt that there will be a situation where this figure will be as sought after as the rare vintage ones are now. It's a rare figure, but the new series won't have the nostalgia factor driving their prices like the old series does.
booshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luketommo2 View Post

New to toy collecting are we?
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #6
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Quote:
Originally Posted by booshman View Post
I've sold a couple loose and have one for my own collection, no accessories though. Been keeping an eye on the prices as they pop up and they are pretty steep.

I highly doubt that there will be a situation where this figure will be as sought after as the rare vintage ones are now. It's a rare figure, but the new series won't have the nostalgia factor driving their prices like the old series does.
I agree. This toy may have some what of a rarity right now but that will soon disapear into the ether the same as the new cartoon series.
The reason the LJN vintage line is so popular is due to the emmense nostalgia the original show has on people.
To pay £40 for a figure that only came out a year ago is a bit extreme. As long as you wanted it just to complete a collection and not as an investment tool
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Well it seems that the Bandai Deluxe Slithe is less a rarity and more a common figure now its appeared in bulk on eBay uk in the last week
Old 04-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
booshman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarDice Films View Post
Well it seems that the Bandai Deluxe Slithe is less a rarity and more a common figure now its appeared in bulk on eBay uk in the last week
I noticed this too, wonder where the stock has come from?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
I noticed this too, wonder where the stock has come from?
From all the produced figures

This isnt going to be a hard to find item

It's a hard to find RIGHT NOW item
Old 04-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Sorry to rain on the parade of all the people trying to profit from this figure with crazy prices on eBay, but it's available on the UK amazon via UK you store the Entertainer for £3.25. Enjoy people!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
test
You don't stand a chance
Must have been a very small stock because I just checked entertainers website and they are sold out , and then I went to amazon and bought the last one remaining...
...it's Dispatched from the entertainer though so it would seem they got the stock .... 3.25 is a bargain rare or not lol .... And no I'm not gonna flog it at a ridiculous price , I'm going to keep it as a lesson/reminder for myself to always wait it out before jumping the gun and paying over the odds for a figure that will eventually show up cheap lol ...
With the exception of my transformers masterpieces where it's actually cheaper to buy early
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
If these come back in stock on Amazon UK, do they ship to the US?
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #13
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
I've checked this morning and its back on amazon uk. I tried and they won't ship to a US address. I'm sure one of us can buy and ship to our American brothers

Revision - they've sold out again. I bought two so if anyone wants to buy the other for price I paid plus postage to your country fire me a message

Last edited by LiarDice Films; 04-11-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #14
Luketommo2
Thunder Kitty
Hi all

I managed to buy a delux slithe and 2 delux panthros cheap via the toy entertainer and I asked if they had/were getting any more and they advised that they received 20 of each from bandai USA unsold stock and that they would not be getting any more so well done to everyone who got them up cheap.

Note they are now fully sold out on amazon/eBay/toy entertainers own website-even if they show instock when you progress in the order it advises they are sold out.

Just wish I didn't pay £40 for a slithe 2 weeks ago!!! At least I got another 3 for £3.25 each

I wonder if they will get a load of storm chargers/armor of omens soon
Luketommo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #15
booshman
Thunder Kitty
I found some yesterday in the Entertainer Store in Liverpool. They're now on sale on eBay.co.UK through the Entertainer also. £3.25 plus delivery.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
glane21
Thunder Kitty
Props to LiarDice Films for the hooking me up with a Slithe from the UK. Thanks bro!
glane21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by glane21 View Post
Props to LiarDice Films for the hooking me up with a Slithe from the UK. Thanks bro!
Yes, many thanks and props to LiarDice Films!
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
Yes, many thanks and props to LiarDice Films!
Agreed. What you do for fellow fans is very much appreciated!
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #19
AmuroMkII
Thunder Kitty
You guys living in the UK are lucky to get Slithe and on clearance even. it's ironic that those stocks came from Bandai America and now people stateside can't even get their hands on them. their marketing and distribution system is a big FAIL. it would take nothing short of a miracle if I see some here in the Philippines
AmuroMkII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #20
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
I'm sick of people profiting from true collectors and fans. If ever similar deals come up I will always help fellow forum members out.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #21
thetoylegend
Thundercats Ho'
i have an extra deluxe slithe mint sealed asking 50 plus shipping msg if interested need paypal with credit card for instant payment and shipping
thetoylegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
booshman
Thunder Kitty
I've got 2 of these spare still sealed and factory fresh. Anyone who wants one give me a shout. Just asking that you cover the postage and packing as well as what I paid, which was £3.25. I'm even open to a trade if you've got something you're looking to get rid of.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
I've got 2 of these spare still sealed and factory fresh. Anyone who wants one give me a shout. Just asking that you cover the postage and packing as well as what I paid, which was £3.25. I'm even open to a trade if you've got something you're looking to get rid of.
Wouldn't mind one...
Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #24
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
booshman, if you still have a deluxe slithe available. let me know. would love to get my hands on one. i have a few items for trade
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #25
booshman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Wouldn't mind one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Cracka View Post
booshman, if you still have a deluxe slithe available. let me know. would love to get my hands on one. i have a few items for trade
PM sent.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #26
booshman
Thunder Kitty
I've just got another 2 Slithe figures. The ones I mentioned earlier are being held for those I PM'ed. So I have 2 definitely available. Price for the US is looking about £10 for tracked post, £3.25 for the figure and £1.75 for postage materials and PayPal fees. So £15 all in, less if you're on the UK.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #27
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
I've just got another 2 Slithe figures. The ones I mentioned earlier are being held for those I PM'ed. So I have 2 definitely available. Price for the US is looking about £10 for tracked post, £3.25 for the figure and £1.75 for postage materials and PayPal fees. So £15 all in, less if you're on the UK.
What is £15 in dollars?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #28
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
What is £15 in dollars?
$23.31

https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1...+in+dollars%3F
Old 06-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
TIGER007
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroMkII View Post
You guys living in the UK are lucky to get Slithe and on clearance even. it's ironic that those stocks came from Bandai America and now people stateside can't even get their hands on them. their marketing and distribution system is a big FAIL. it would take nothing short of a miracle if I see some here in the Philippines
...yeah and try talking to the idots in CAlifornia ...they are the rudest customer service in MODERN DAY TOY MARKETS!!...
TIGER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGER007 View Post
...yeah and try talking to the idots in CAlifornia ...they are the rudest customer service in MODERN DAY TOY MARKETS!!...
I have to say I had to contact Bandai about the Thundertank issue and they sent a part out and it came the next day. With that being said, when I asked them about Slithe they never even responded.

Big thanks to booshman for the help getting us in the US a Slithe!
snarfsnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #31
booshman
Thunder Kitty
Captn Cracka and Bigtaco sent on Friday, snarfsnarf and Pallas going out tomorrow. Can anyone who sends payment please pay me in pounds, otherwise I have to pay a currency conversion fee. Also, include your username on the transaction details. If I haven't been given your real name or zip code via PM, I can't identify your payment when I receive it.

I currently have the last 2 of these on hold pending payment, so no more requests for now please.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #32
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfsnarf View Post
I have to say I had to contact Bandai about the Thundertank issue and they sent a part out and it came the next day. With that being said, when I asked them about Slithe they never even responded.

Big thanks to booshman for the help getting us in the US a Slithe!
I contacted Bandai about a missing whip back when the 6" Tygra was hard to find and they sent me a whip in the mail free of charge. I was quite happy with their customer service.

http://www.thundercats.ws/tygra-came...ut-whip-21825/
Old 06-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #33
pallas
Thunder Kitty
thanks booshman, great trading with you. Looking forward to slithe.
pallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #34
booshman
Thunder Kitty
Pallas, Lody and snarfsnarf all have figures on the way. One Slithe still reserved pending a PM from the interested party. If its not claimed I'll offer it up.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #35
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Pallas, Lody and snarfsnarf all have figures on the way. One Slithe still reserved pending a PM from the interested party. If its not claimed I'll offer it up.
Got my Slithe today, super fast shipping! Thanks
snarfsnarf is offline   Reply With Quote