TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
OK so i have the rest of this week off to finish a corporate video and decided yesterday i was going to treat myself with a trip to Toys R US! The Mecca of toys since i was 5. I looked on ebay and was discussed at the over priced figures and so thought for the first time in 26 years i would go there just to pay at the till for a TC and get the receipt.
I live in the UK by the way. I start walking down the aisles and all i can see is LEAP PADS, DS's, electronic board games. I walked down each section,coming across model cars, some weird Japanese card game with figures, Disney AND then wedged between a MASSIVE Ben 10 display and Dr Who was the worst selection of TC's i had seen ever! One Sword of Omens, a ton of Classic Tygras, and a load of 4inch mumm ra i robes.
Have things changed so much when Ben 10 has over powered TC's and the selection is so poor i only bout a 6inch Panthro cause i felt it was a wasted journey otherwise.
Is Toys R US and Argos the only places here and when will they release wave 2 because Bandai are handling this very badly!
Sorry for the rant but all i had in my head was visisting there in 1985 and buying a LJN Mumm ra because there wasnt any Lion O's
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
test
You don't stand a chance
apparently we are getting wave 2 here in the UK as bandai tweeted (late this month or august) whether or not it will reach stores is pretty much a mystery as I think it will most likely only be sold by online retailers .... I noticed midco toys were offering pre orders on their ebay site for the wave 2 4 inchers at 8 pounds each.

Still im not taking any chances and have got pretty much everything wave 2 related from USA just incase I miss out lol

I live in the south west (somerset) and shops such as entertainer , denners toy store and our tesco superstore have very good supplies of everything and they are replaced regularly so I guess it just depends on the area. But in general i do agree that every shop seems to have about a billion classic tygras warming the pegs lol
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
See we dont have any of the stores here in the East Midlands except Tesco and toys r us. I see that the shops are desperate to get rise of the 8inch classic Tygra, the 4inch mumm ra un transformed and also the 6inch Panthro.. I think i'll have to find a defo date and be the first before toys r us open. Barging passed 8 year olds
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote