TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 10-17-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
test
You don't stand a chance
Hey guys take a look at this listing for a blatent custom mad bubbler which hes trying to pass of as real ...

Thundercats Mad Bubbler | eBay

That is blatently a custom you can tell by the shape and sloppy paint job.... I hope someone reports him for fraudulent listing ......
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
only 1 picture of one the most rare toys on the planet. lol
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Wakefield wildcats
Thunder Kitty
Defo a custom that!saw it last night and the back sorry made me lol
Wakefield wildcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Ya hopefully no one falls for it. Pretty low that people do this.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
test
You don't stand a chance
Makes me so angry ...... people have bid on this and some poor sucker is actually going to think they have a genuine artifact....

Obviously he hasnt done his research in any way shape or form if he believes 7 exist .... he must also have no clue what the real thing looks like as this isnt even a good custom job lol
Old 10-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Completely agree test.

I mean its not even close to the original, but like you said I feel bad for whoever ends up winning this. It will be a huge disappointment.

Edit:
So I was going to report this, but do you think I should send him a message first to see what he has to say?

Last edited by adssse; 10-17-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #7
test
You don't stand a chance
I was also tempted to send him a polite message ..... but something tells me he's going to be one of these people who argue till they are blue in the face without listening to facts ...... And with regards to reporting it .. I must say I have been thinking about it .... its wrong that anyone should get ripped off like this ... especially if the price goes up much further
Old 10-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
Wakefield wildcats
Thunder Kitty
Hes pulled it of ebay now that and the tongue a sauras he had for sale!that bubbler is on figure realm under customs!!!!knew I'd seen it before!
Wakefield wildcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Glad to hear its down. Wonder if it did get reported? I doubt his conscience got to him.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
This other Custom on eBay is the one that HombreX from this forum made. The description from the seller in the UK is kind of cheeky and try's to make the reader think it's almost the actual one. Cleverly though has out 'custom' in title

http://bit.ly/16lo41j
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Ya he put up quite a description and does a decent job of making it seem legit. I guess you cant really report it as he does technically tell everyone that it is a custom he made, but still shady if you ask me.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #12
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
I always laugh at sellers who post up a figure with the description containing 'Super Rare'.
Very few things are rare. Also how does he truly think people with come into a bid at 500gbp.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarDice Films View Post
This other Custom on eBay is the one that HombreX from this forum made. The description from the seller in the UK is kind of cheeky and try's to make the reader think it's almost the actual one. Cleverly though has out 'custom' in title

http://bit.ly/16lo41j
Description says CUSTOM

I would buy it

Looks pretty balls to the wall accurate
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #14
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
I'll wait to see you bid on it then, it's been relisted
Old 10-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #15
test
You don't stand a chance
Jeeez .... 500 for a custom ???
That's just beyond stupid lol
... Don't get me wrong it is a fantastic looking piece ... It looks absolutely identical to the real thing , but no matter how good it is , it's still a bloody custom...

Speaking of ridiculousness did you guys see the tongue a saurus listed for nearly 500 quid ?? Lol .... It is with box etc but still I can't see it being worth that much
Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #16
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Ya, as much as I would like some of items prices just seem ridiculous on some stuff. For some of you that have been collection a long time (5yrs or more) do prices seem higher or lower than they used to be?
Old 10-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #17
test
You don't stand a chance
Ive been collecting vintage thundercats and transformers for dead on 5 years just about adssse ..... and prices are definately higher than ever right now ...... however it also seems that sales are lower (going by ebays completed listings) Seems that most sellers are wanting far more than people are willing to pay ..... (that tongue a saurus is infact 600 quid on second glances) .... The no reserve auctions always seem to fetch the best prices ...... there is one exception though and that seems to be driller and bengali (i recently saw a loose driller sell instantly for 140 pounds and he wasnt even in great condition...... whereas i picked up my mint one a while ago for 115 pounds) ...... their prices are going higher and people are paying it .... in contrast it seems lynxo and pumyra are going down a bit .... the market really is all over the place at the moment but prices are constantly on the rise in general .... I wish i'd started collecting 10 or 15 years ago thats for sure lol ..... might have even stood a chance in affording the cats lair then .....
Old 10-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #18
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks for the insight test! It definitely is difficult to pick up some of the items that I have been after. It seems like items are constantly soaring past my budget. I have been trying to find other places to purchase from such as resale shops, garage sales etc. but have come up pretty empty. Are there any tips on alternative sources to look?

I also should have started collecting long ago. Not only so I could maybe get my hands on some of my want list, but because it is so fun and addicting!

Last edited by adssse; 10-26-2013 at 08:13 PM..