TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 05-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
http://www.bandai.com/thundercats/

The site looks to finally be gone. Bandai's main site has removed all traces of and references to Thundercats as well. Not that they had updated it in ages. Also, not surprising, but I guess worth noting.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
I'm personally going to take this as a good sign that Bandai will not be renewing their license for the rights to Thundercats toys.

I would assume that if they were even remotely interested in coming out with some kind of Thundercats classics line they wouldn't be erasing all traces of having ever had anything to do with it.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Any idea how long Bandai has the license for?
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by adssse View Post
Any idea how long Bandai has the license for?
I wish I knew. I'm hoping the rights revert back to Warner Bros. by years end. I'm sure there's a clause in there about inactivity with the license.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
I wish I knew. I'm hoping the rights revert back to Warner Bros. by years end. I'm sure there's a clause in there about inactivity with the license.
That would be nice. If so I hope WB is still committed to continuing with some line of figures.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
test
You don't stand a chance
Thank god .... Bandai is a second rate toy company who's figures never really appreciate over time .... Hopefully a reputable company like hasbro can pick it up , that would be my dream scenario lol ... Don't get me wrong , these figures were actually some of bandai's better work .... But their whole handling and lazy attitude towards the franchise has really pissed me off lol .... Bitter much
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
TIGER007
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by test View Post
Thank god .... Bandai is a second rate toy company who's figures never really appreciate over time .... Hopefully a reputable company like hasbro can pick it up , that would be my dream scenario lol ... Don't get me wrong , these figures were actually some of bandai's better work .... But their whole handling and lazy attitude towards the franchise has really pissed me off lol .... Bitter much
I agree ...cept the HASBUTT part...PLEASE NO...MAKE THAT A BIG NO
TIGER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
Matrix_Holder
Thunder Kitty
If Hasbro builds figures like their Marvel Universe line or Marvel Legends I say Hasbro all the way. DC 3 3/4 figs suck as do all non MU /GIJOE lines nowdays.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote