TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 05-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
ThundertankGTI6
Demograffix
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum just trying to fix my ljn thundertank as the pop up mechanism is stuck. I'm also on the look out for a rear door if anyone's selling one?
ThundertankGTI6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
test
You don't stand a chance
Hi there ... I've built one myself as I won a lot of 5 broken thundertanks on ebay ages ago ..... I stripped everything apart (unscrewed everything) and washed it all with a toothbrush , soapy water and some bicarbonate soda .... I then found a thread on here which may take some searching to find ... But basically someone had photographed the whole net of the pieces when ready to assemble .... I forget the users name now

So out of 5 wrecks I was able to build one complete and perfect Thundertank complete with a box and instructions .... I won't lie to you it was a very fiddly task when it got to the spring parts , especially the tongue part linking to the cannon , that's where I struggled most and nearly threw it out the window on numerous occasions lol .... But on the whole it was a very rewarding experience now that I have a minty boxed Thundertank which I practically built myself .... I wish I had documented the restoration now as I'm sure it would have been a real help to like minded people

Anyway give this forum a damn good search because I know there is a thread somewhere .. It's not great as it only shows the completed layout of parts and their approximate place .. So I largely had to experiment a bit until I found all the right places for everything .., but it was a huge help to me and I made printouts at the time I believe ..
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
test
You don't stand a chance
Found the thread .. Here's the link http://www.thundercats.ws/vintage-th...e-piece-12678/. All credits go to Indy cat ... Who I owe a very belated thanks to as this guide was a god send for my tank project ..
Old 05-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Glad I could help!
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:18 AM   #5
test
You don't stand a chance
No probs Indycat ..... just out of curiosity , how did you find the spring part where it connects the tongue to the cannon ??? there was one part in particular for me I struggle to remember now but i think it was that part coupled with trying to get the cover back on and holding the part in the right place ..... lol ... took me nearly an hour and a whole lot of swearing ........ the rest as I recall was pretty straight forward once I'd determined where every little part and screw went ...... anyways thanks again , I would have struggled a whole lot more if not for the net layout of parts you pictured
Old 05-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
It's funny. It was a pita for me too. I had to go off memory when I put it back together. I think I took pictures ( as a map) of the pop up mechanism by the treads because that was difficult to get back together as well. Hopefully soon I'll be doing a tear down of the Cats Lair.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
ThundertankGTI6
Demograffix
Thanks guys I've managed to fix my thundertank, just search for a rear door
ThundertankGTI6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #8
test
You don't stand a chance
Ooooh look forward to seeing the cats lair tear down ..... sadly I cannot afford a cats lair lol ..... but you never know ... I may be able to pick up a load of broken ones at some point and make a mongrel of my own again hahaha ...

Oh and good luck with the rear hatch door "ThundertankGTI6" ..... Unfortunately you may have to pay a little over the odds ... because people often list the doors , hatch and treads on ebay ..... but they know you have no other choice if you wanna complete your tank and they happily scalp the crap out of you ..... I got lucky because between all the wrecks I had treads , doors and the hatch .... also the box with instructions and insert was a stroke of luck for me because i found it on an action figure trading forum for dirt cheap .....

Good luck mate..... I did have a spair hatch with my wrecks but it had broken clips so would not have been much use ....... also I reassembled what I could a while ago and sold them off .... but anyways keep your eyes open , you may find a cheap one somewhere ....