TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 06-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
jackabina
Thunder Kitty
Just watched the 1st episode of the classic series with my boy's. Can someone tell me why Wilykat and kit didn't age during the journey from Thundera?
jackabina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I am not sure that there was ever an officially released explanation. It is my understanding/belief that Lion-O's capsule malfunctioned (capsules released gas to reverse the aging process) causing him to age much more than the others, while Kit and Kat's operated properly.

I would be interested if anyone has official word on this or other explanations.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by adssse View Post
I am not sure that there was ever an officially released explanation. It is my understanding/belief that Lion-O's capsule malfunctioned (capsules released gas to reverse the aging process) causing him to age much more than the others, while Kit and Kat's operated properly.

I would be interested if anyone has official word on this or other explanations.
This is correct
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
jackabina
Thunder Kitty
Interesting. Thanks for the info guys. Where is this type of information found?
jackabina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
booshman
Thunder Kitty
I think there are several ways of interpreting what happens, and ive heard a few different version over they years. It depends on whether or not the capsule malfunctioned at all and if so what was responsible.

Perhaps the kittens and Lion-O are different breeds and they will only ever be that big. Wilykat says that "When you're wily enough, being big just gets in the way", which would seem to support this. Though if this was the case it would be harsh that they are continually treated like kids when they will always be that way. This would mean that when they were in stasis they all aged but only Lion-O had visibly grown.

The capsule could have malfunctioned accidentally, and it was just chance that it was Lion-O that aged.

Or perhaps Jaga manipulated it as he realised they would need a leader on the planet and would stand a better chance of survival if Lion-O was grown.

Or finally, and my preferred theory, is that the sword did it. For the same reasons given for Jaga to do it. After Jaga puts them in the capsules, there is a shot of the sword stuck in the floor with the capsules in the background. As the Thundercats go to sleep the sword does a little growl which is the moment I believe the sword puts things in motion for Liono-O to be grown when they reach Third Earth.

I think all interpretations are valid as they never give a specific reason. I also may have given this far to much thought.
booshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks for sharing all of your theories booshman, very thought provoking!
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote