TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 12-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Hey guys! This is my first post, but I've been coming here and reading the news and stuff for a while. Big fan, mostly of the classics stuff, but love the new show too. Anyway, I know a few people have mentioned that Amazon and Enchanted Toy Chest have the new 6 inch classics. I went ahead and ordered through ETC on eBay, and I got the figures today! Can't believe they came out that fast! I haven't opened them yet, but pretty impressed so far! I am not a huge fan of the Lion-o facial expression, but Mumm-ra looks terrific. The packaging is just like the 8 inch counterparts but there is new, more animated art of Lion-O and Mumm-ra on the sides. I will open now and add to my post with more details too. I can take pics as well if anyone is interested.
Wes
wes2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
pics
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
As the old rule says:

Pics or it didn't happen.
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I wanna see detailed pics of that Mumm-ra.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Hey guys! I opened the figures, and took some pics (with my first gen. iPhone), so not the best, but you'll get the general idea. I'm going to put them on photo bucket and then reply again with links. The figures are fun, but I still prefer the 8 inch scale. lion-o looks really small. Mumm-ra is awesome, but I'm not sure I plugged his bandages in correctly... Be back in a sec with pics.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Ok, let's see if I can do this right. Here are links from Photobucket. Hopefully this works. If not, any suggestions are appreciated.

Lion-o in package- http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/IMG_0690.jpg

Mumm-ra in package-
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/IMG_0691.jpg

Lion-o loose-
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/IMG_0694.jpg

Mumm-ra loose-
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/IMG_0692.jpg

Lion-O comparison-
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/IMG_0696.jpg

Mumm-ra comparison-
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/IMG_0693.jpg

Enjoy! If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I'll do my best. Definitely hoping for more of these, and definitely hoping for a Lion-O with a normal face...
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
stormbringer
Thanks for the pics. Wish Mumm-ra had a cape though.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Yeah, a cape would have been nice. He definitely looks great though. The bandages are very dynamic and neat looking. Lion-O is just leaving me more and more underwhelmed...I loved the 8 inch one so much and this one has essentially the same sculpt with the exception of the face. It just comes across as so much more slight... On the back of the package, they show the 6 inch modern Tygra and Cheetara along with Lion-O again. No surprise that the modern one will be released again with Tygra and Cheetara but I do wonder if it will be a straight-up re-release or if there will be any improvements.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #9
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
They are a bit overpriced (especially after shipping), but you can buy them here:

BANDAI COLLECTOR CLASSICS THUNDERCATS 6" FIGURE SET LION-O & MUMM-RA IN STOCK | eBay
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Thanks for the pics man!! Oh boy..... that Mumm-Ra is going to need a custom cape, it looks pretty darn weird without it.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:37 AM   #11
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Mumm-Ra looks nude without his cape and Lion-O looks demonic.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:04 AM   #12
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
They look rather good. I've got a cape for Mumm-Ra waiting, so it's just a matter of time.

I cancelled my pre-order at BBTS for them; looks like Amazon is the way to go. Or I may wait and try to score them at Wal-mart if I can't get free shipping.

EDIT: I just got word from my family member who has Amazon Prime, and there's no free shipping. As much as I want these guys, I'm not going to pay an entire figure in shipping and additional costs to get them early; I'll count on getting them at Wal-mart or TRU instead. Plus that way I can ensure that I get the one with the best paint aps.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 12-02-2011 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: New Info
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #13
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
They both continue to look great. I find it a little funny that they appear to be using the same packaging for the 6" figures. Makes Lion-O seem rather small, lol. Though I consider this a good thing, as they were able to get a good sized Mumm-Ra out there in this scale, and weren't hindered by how big the packaging was.

It is a little weird that Mumm-Ra doesn't come with a cape, but I'll still get him. If anything his lack of a sword bothers me more than the lack of his cape. I don't see the need for the additional hands if he has nothing to hold in them. Unless they plan on releasing a second version that replaces the wrappings with a cape and give him a sword.

I'm looking forward to seeing the other 6" Classics. Most especially Panthro.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #14
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thanks for the pics.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #15
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
thanks for the awesome pics.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #16
1987olds442
Thunder Kitty
I really like the looks of these, and they are going to be must buys for me... Now bring on Panthro and the rest of the cast
1987olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #17
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I love the smaller scale. I'm not a fan of Lion-O's head.

I'm going to see if I can still return my Tygra since I haven't opened him yet.

I'll keep the Lion-O I bought. Kind of wish they didn't change the scale in midstream but what can you do.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
stormbringer
I'll get the Mumm-ra, but I already have the 8 inch Lion-o and prefer that head sculpt to the new one.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
The disappointment is starting to outweigh the excitement, and this is only the second wave. No cape or accessories for Mumm-Ra? Seriously? Then what the hell are the alternate hands for? And that Lion-O head sculpt is beyond horrible.

This line is just out of the gate and I already feel the "meh."
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #20
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
Well it looks like they didn't fix the problem with lion o having the wrong colored ankle pegs. They should be blue but are orange. I'll give my classic mummra the weapons from the new version. Man the new version has really bad proportions when shown next to the classic version. His head is super tiny.
king kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #21
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
Take a pic of the back of the package so we can see cheetara
king kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #22
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks for sharing can't wait to get them. The Lion-o's look great together
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #23
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Angry Lion-o's head looks too big for the body, plus his shoulders are huge. The ankle pegs being flesh color is unbelievable. Definitely not buying this.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
Reaper Cloud
Thunder Kitty
I might buy the Classics, once I see them in person. I still haven't seen ANY new Thundercats toys in my area. I haven't ordered the figures from Amazon, since I need to see them in person.

Lion-O's face does seem off, and Mumm-ra needs a cape to make it perfect. I'm guessing some penny-counting person behind the scenes was against the "extra cost" of that cape. -_-
Reaper Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #25
roykop
Thunder Kitty
I don't understand how people are excited for these.

The 6" Lion-o, as previously mentioned STILL has the messed up angle coloration, his face looks terrible (in my opinion), and is just overall inferior to the 8" other than the actual scale.

And I find absolutely nothing redeeming whatsoever in regards to Mumm-Ra. The Torso is by far the worse. It looks far too wide, and very Boxy in shape.. very little curvature. The Anatomy from the shoulders to the neck just seem like an odd shape due to the proportionately small head. Again, I am not fond of the head sculpt itself, and the lack of a cape makes the figure look like it is missing something (which i guess it is, lol) The lack of accessories is also disappointing.

I was super excited when this line was announced, but now I just can seam to muster up the motivation to want to pick any of these up. Feels like this line is just one big missed opportunity. If only somebody could teach the folks over at Bandai how to sculpt.
roykop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #26
printer6
Slippery character
Probably pointless to ask, but how rubbery is the Sword of Omens on the 6 incher?
printer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #27
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Great, so it looks like they lost articulation in the downgrading of the size.

Take pics of the 6inch Lion-O with the 8inch one and the 6inch figures next to MOTUC. BTW, how is that 6inches when he looks bigger than the new 6inch Lion-O?

Last edited by Dr Kain; 12-03-2011 at 02:06 AM..
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:19 AM   #28
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Great, so it looks like they lost articulation in the downgrading of the size.

Take pics of the 6inch Lion-O with the 8inch one and the 6inch figures next to MOTUC. BTW, how is that 6inches when he looks bigger than the new 6inch Lion-O?

The new Lion-O is supposed to be shorter than everyone else. He's younger than all the others after all.
Mintcondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:21 AM   #29
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
So yes, I'd like a picture of the new 6 inch Lion-O next to the 8 inch for comparison if that's cool.

Also, has anyone seen these in stores at all? If they're already being sold online, it's only a matter of weeks, if not days, before they show up in stores.

Or it could be months, lol.
Mintcondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #30
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Hey! I'll see what I can do about posting more pics. Also, heres a few answers to some questions that came up. The sword of omens is still pretty soft, but because it is so much shorter than the 8 inch version, it doesn't appear to bow quite so much. I will try and take pics of the 6 inch with the 8 inch and also with some motuc. Lion-O is a lot shorter than the MOTUC, but Mumm-ra almost works. I'll also take pic of the backs of the boxes as someone requested that. It's also something to note that lion-O's glove is now molded in gold plastic as opposed to being painted gold like the 8 inch. i like the painted better i think. It looks higher quality that way. i understand that everyone wanted mumm-ra's cape, but I guess that just doesn't bother me because the toy version never had one either, so when i think of mummer, i just don't really picture him with a cape. I still am not a fan of Lion-O's head sculpt, but the figure itself is growing on me the more I look at it, and I'm getting used to the new size. Let me know if there are any other pics you guys would like. I'll try my best to do it today, but I've got a pretty busy one, so may have to wait until Sunday night. Meanwhile, I bet others will start to show up soon too.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:53 AM   #31
egoing
Thunder Kitty
Bandai How hard is it to mold a joint peg in blue? First the 8" and now the 6". They don't seem to have learned from their mistakes.
egoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #32
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
has the 6 inch tygra been spotted yet?
spike78a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #33
Might Beyond Sight
Thunder Kitty
Could you please post a pic of 6in. Classic Lion-O with MOTU Classics He-Man if you have He-Man? Thank you.
Might Beyond Sight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #34
LXL Guy
Thunder Kitty
So is 8'' being phased out in favor of 6'' figs then?
LXL Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #35
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
Man, I was looking forward to the classics line improving but instead they got worse. They really should have focused on pleasing the fans of the classics by taking a similar approach to what Mattel did with MOTUC. I have two of each of the first figures they released because I wanted to support the line but I'm out unless I see something in the future that really wows me. I am really disappointed with these...I just can't understand the logic behind it.
The Eye of Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #36
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXL Guy View Post
So is 8'' being phased out in favor of 6'' figs then?
yes
The Eye of Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #37
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
8" figures are still supposed to be released but in a limited format whatever that means.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #38
stormbringer
I hope they don't make the 8 inch figures available only by subscription like Mattels MOTU line.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #39
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
8" figures are still supposed to be released but in a limited format whatever that means.
Probably online and store exclusive.
It does raise the question of why bother doing 8" figures to begin with if they were just going to switch to 6" so soon. I know enough about the toy industry to know that the first wave of 6" would have been damn far into development to start hitting at New Year's, so again, why bother with an odd-ball size that is almost guaranteed to get the short end of support.

Guess all the whiners about not getting TCats in 6" scale get their wish.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 AM   #40
Steelgrave
Ho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roykop View Post
I don't understand how people are excited for these.

I don't understand how people are excited for any of the new Thundercats toys. They all suck except for the 8" Lion-O & Tygra. The whole line looks like a weird Ben-10 spin off.
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #41
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelgrave View Post
I don't understand how people are excited for any of the new Thundercats toys. They all suck except for the 8" Lion-O & Tygra.
Thats a matter of opinion.

When I was 4 playing with my Thundercats and He-Man was the best, but now with He-Man they are so fragile they explode when you look at them, so the new Thundercats are ment to take a beating and have fun with. And while im a collector im very happy with everything thats come out, I just wish they would fix the joint color and floppy weapons.

So in a nutshell, even though im not having epic battles, the fact that new kids can makes me happy, so I think this line is great.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #42
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes2882 View Post
i understand that everyone wanted mumm-ra's cape, but I guess that just doesn't bother me because the toy version never had one either, so when i think of mummer, i just don't really picture him with a cape.
I had the old Mumm-Ra toy too, but I was always bothered that he did not have a cape. He had a cape in the cartoon, therefore, he should have a freaking cape on the toy!!! You don't see He-Man having a sword on the cartoon and not one with the toy. Optimus Prime had a trailer in the cartoon, therefore he had one with the toy. There is simply no reason why Mumm-Ra should not be cartoon accurate. This the second time Bandai has ****ed up Mumm-Ra from the cartoon. The first was not giving him his wings for the new one. Now they don't give him his cape for the Classics. Why does Bandai hate Mumm-Ra? Why bother making him at all if they aren't going to do him properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
but now with He-Man they are so fragile they explode when you look at them.
STOP F***ING YOUR GREEN GODDESS!!!

Seriously though, while the MOTUC have some pretty piss poor QC issues, saying they exploded when you look at them is far from being true. Green Goddess is the only one that has happened to. You cannot blame 50 better toys because of one.

Last edited by Dr Kain; 12-08-2011 at 01:15 AM..
Old 12-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #43
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
the liono and mummra remolds are not for me

Last edited by squawkbot; 12-16-2011 at 09:25 PM..
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #44
WilyKitKat
Thunder Kitty
I was able to find these guys at Target last night! I do like them a lot more than I thought I would.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	846
WilyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #45
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post

STOP F***ING YOUR GREEN GODDESS!!!

Seriously though, while the MOTUC have some pretty piss poor QC issues, saying they exploded when you look at them is far from being true. Green Goddess is the only one that has happened to. You cannot blame 50 better toys because of one.
I cant say no to crystal green woman bro.

And hate to say it dude, but you didnt open my figures, they always have busted legs and wobbily parts. So explode they do!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #46
Talyn
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilyKitKat View Post
I was able to find these guys at Target last night! I do like them a lot more than I thought I would.
What state?
Talyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #47
WilyKitKat
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
What state?
Down here in Houston, Texas.
WilyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #48
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
I cant say no to crystal green woman bro.

And hate to say it dude, but you didnt open my figures, they always have busted legs and wobbily parts. So explode they do!
Neither Target nor Walmart in CO carry Thundercats. At least, none of the 8 I go to.

BTW, what is the DPCI number on your receipt for them?

I'm assuming it starts as 087-61-, but I need the last four digits.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #49
soundwavempl
Toy Addict
I saw 2 each of the new Thundercats Classics 6" Lion-o and Mumm-ra at the College Station, TX Target today. They were $14.99. I passed for now but probably will eventually get them.
soundwavempl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #50
Talyn
Thunder Kitty

Talyn is offline   Reply With Quote