TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

View Poll Results: Would you buy a transforming Mumm-Ra action figure?
Yes. 2 16.67%
Maybe. It depends on how it looks in both modes and how it transforms. 9 75.00%
No. 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
netkid
Sun. Surf. Espionage.
Would you buy a Mumm-Ra action figure (in new or classic style) that transforms from his mummy form into his powered-up form?

I'll leave how it could transform up to your imagination.
netkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Snarf_snarf
Snarf
Yeah that would be cool.
Snarf_snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
It really, really depended on how they looked and how the figure was in both forms.

Frankly I don't think it's possible to do it without either a lot of cheating (partsforming) to the point that it may as well be two figures.

If it really was no partswapping I don't think it's possible without making one form or the other look like crap. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had some figures that transformed from human to splinter and human to Shredder and both of them had forms that suffered big time for the mechanics and that was a mostly straightforward change. To do Mumm-ra from mummy to super form would be even harder.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
depends on how bandai pulls it off.

somethings they do wonderfully with transformations...

and others they pull a GP-02, where they call the simple act of raising the side jet packs, as TRANSFORMING! lol
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
Joe Moore
Administrator
If it could be pulled off without compromising the aesthetics, then hell yeah.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:40 AM   #6
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
but most likely it would not be that great, lol i have seen some of their transforming people, NOT so cool.

they had those power rangers that transformed into vehicles, right? i don't remember them being too good.

then again it can't possibly be worse then this!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
MegaPrime33
Thunder Kitty
I think it's a good idea, and I'm surprised they never really did it originally, but like Joe said, if they can pull it off well, then why not!
MegaPrime33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #8
LionO84
Thunder Kitty
oh ya id buy it.
LionO84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #9
Ratar-O
Dirty Conniving Rat
If anybody remembers LJN's TigerSharks toy line, they had horrible transformations. As long as they stay away from that then they will be alright.
Ratar-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
netkid
Sun. Surf. Espionage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolza_khyron View Post
depends on how bandai pulls it off.

somethings they do wonderfully with transformations...

and others they pull a GP-02, where they call the simple act of raising the side jet packs, as TRANSFORMING! lol
This. This. This x1000.

Bandai can pull of some really great transforming toys (Dinozaurs, Digimon, Gundam, and most Power Rangers toys), but they can also give us a lazy excuse parts swapping toy and still label it as "transformable"(some Gundam toys).

Since both results have happened in each of their toy lines, it really all comes down to how they approach the figure itself.

Last edited by netkid; 02-21-2011 at 06:50 PM..
netkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #11
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
the gundam line is normally VERY lazily done, idk about the japanese versions, but those american versions, i have about 30 of them, are so lazily made.

while i love them, they always cheat, instead of having wings open up, or something, they cheat by having it part swapping.

it is one thing to have part swapping hands, or weapons, since weapons are small, but then they go off and have a beam saber detach from the gundam, but then you part swap with the beam saber "On" version.

some of them have the parts be able to attach *the beam part*

but not many.

bandai does make some pretty cool toys though, they did make gobots after all! *or machine robo at least* lol
Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
trebleshot
Sight Beyond Sight
It really depends. If it's some cheap gimmick like the Power Rangers Samurai head-swap, or nested figures (Mummy version stuffed inside PVC Ever-Living figure), then hell no.

If it's more along the lines of a Transformer, then maybe.
trebleshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #13
docfairday
Thunder Kitty
I think if Bandai were to use a cloth cloak on mummy mumm-ra that could hide some of the seems where it transforms it might be duable. I just don't see how it would work as mummy was so frail and skinny with transformed being a huge roid raging freak.
docfairday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
masterprime
Thunder Kitty
No thank you I'm seeing it being a mess of plastic and you could see parts that is from the other form I would much rather have to clean figure. Thats just my take on it.
masterprime is offline   Reply With Quote