TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #2451
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
That is why I watch anime. They have a lot of different idea over seas.
Yeah,US tv doesn't have a lot to offer.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #2452
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
There's a lot of filler episodes in there.
I see.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #2453
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
100 episodes for each DB that's a LOT.
153 in DB.
291 in DBZ this is including the ones that were left out of the US version.
64 for DB GT
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #2454
stormbringer
Quote:
I see.
Dragon Ball Z Kai cuts out a lot of the filler though.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #2455
L08e16o
Quote:
Thanks I'll check it out.
You're welcome.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #2456
cmangund
Quote:
Dragon Ball Z Kai cuts out a lot of the filler though.
are the fillers that necessary to get the whole story?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #2457
L08e16o
Quote:
Thanks I'll check it out.
If you want to check some of the shows in Japan, Winter 2012 anime is about to start.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #2458
stormbringer
Quote:
I see.
Quote:
No, they were only done to expand the amount of episodes.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #2459
L08e16o
Quote:
This is from me, It is hard to say without spoling it.

Akira Toriyama intended to have Gohon take over for Goku, but Goku is way to popular.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #2460
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah,US tv doesn't have a lot to offer.
It is cheap to make.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #2461
L08e16o
Quote:
YuYu Hakusho is another one from the 90s. It had a lot of episodes.

CN never finished it either.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #2462
stormbringer
Quote:
It is cheap to make.
Guess its an example of "you get what you pay for".
Old 01-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #2463
stormbringer
Quote:
YuYu Hakusho is another one from the 90s. It had a lot of episodes.

CN never finished it either.
Yeah about mid last decade, CN started dropping all their anime. Its been a mess ever since.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #2464
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah about mid last decade, CN started dropping all their anime. Its been a mess ever since.
Once they got rid of toonami, it was over.

Toonami introduce Cowboy Bebop and many animes.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #2465
L08e16o
Quote:
if only we can be sure 100%.
We can be 90% with all the info.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #2466
L08e16o
Quote:
That's part of the reason they should do Lion-O/Cheetara darn it!
That is why it will happen.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #2467
stormbringer
Quote:
That is why it will happen.
Finally a networks greed could work to our advantage.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #2468
Balgus82
Quote:
When?

He made that SoO by himself.
Lion-O: "It's this place. It's making our worst memories and desires real."
Tygra: "But someone is guiding this."
Lion-O: "I'll give you one guess...Mumm-Ra."
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #2469
Balgus82
Quote:
That was really good.
A few things.

1. Why didn't Annet mention cheetara betraying lion-o? Was it because she has chosen lion-o in her heart already and that would be on tygra?

2. How did she know what was going on in the AP?

3. She said make her feelings more clear, does that mean she will kiss lion-o on the lips next time?

4. How could the heart last that long in a wrist band?

5. The kiss was a thank you.

I think if L/C happen, they needed to deal with T/C angle first. They did, now Cheetara's angle next and then lion-o.

Mummra should attack now. He can beat the cats now.

How can cheetara explain to make lion-o understand?
1. Why didn't Annet mention cheetara betraying lion-o? Was it because she has chosen lion-o in her heart already and that would be on tygra?

I think this was more bad writing, because at the beginning of episode 13 Anet changed his wording to "Lion-O will feel betrayed."

The battle took place in daylight. The ending celebration took place at night. More than enough time passed for Lion-O and Tygra to tell the team what happened. I'm sure they were all curious.

3. She said make her feelings more clear, does that mean she will kiss lion-o on the lips next time?

I just rewatched the end again. she didn't say tygra's name, but she did say she chose "years ago." She didn't meet Lion-O until the premiere. tygra was the only one of the two she knew "years ago."

*shrugs* no idea on that one. unless she kept it safe with cleric magic.

That's not a question. lol

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-02-2012 at 01:44 AM..
Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #2470
KurtulanSama
Thunder Kitty
I'm new here and I could't read all the posts in this topic(I'm catching up though:P) so I'm sorry if anyone mentioned this before.

1. The group have to split up because Panthro needs new arms and they can't stop searching for other stones knowing mumm-ra can get it before them. So my theory(or if I were the writer) I would let Lion-O continue to his journey for stones(probably with snarf and thunderkittens as it was mentioned in first 10 pages) and the others can pay a visit to berbils. Since panthro can't fight if they come across some evil guys.

On this journey Lion-O could come across Mumm-ra itself or some evil liutenants of his. Since its our normal gig and Lion-O now has 2 stones he would try to fight Mumm-ra(or some other guy) and just when he had won the fight; the master evils attack our cute little kittens. Since Lion-O is a good guy, he tries(and hopefully succeeds) to save them but this act of heroism causes lion-o to get himself badly wounded(Chetaara probably feels it) and leaves the group unconscious. So we come to a point where Lion-O loses the sword(again).

As Lion-O recovers, others notice that his spirit is broken. This last failure destroyed his self confidence beyond repair and because of T/C thing Chetaara can't reach Lion-O anymore(Even you have abandoned me.). Since Tygra is a jerk and Pantro is not the guy who can deal with a situation like that Lion-O has to repair what is broken himself.(this is an excuse for trials (I couldn't watch the complete OC[But I will I promise] yet so I don't know what were the OC Lion-O's trials.)

Why I want him to be broken? I am a fan of lion-o and I really want him to kick Tygras' behind parts but he can't do it as who he is now. And you can't build a skyscraper on a shitty hut. To create the true king you have to be sure he is unbreakable and to ensure it he should be broken. Totally illogical but somehow works and probably piss off some OC fans...

BTW, even though it could create some great opportunities T/C thing was a cheapshot and it was really too OOC for Chetaara as stated before. It still remains as a black spot(and a huge one) for the series...

Last edited by KurtulanSama; 01-02-2012 at 06:46 AM..
KurtulanSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #2471
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtulanSama View Post
I'm new here and I could't read all the posts in this topic(I'm catching up though:P) so I'm sorry if anyone mentioned this before.

1. The group have to split up because Panthro needs new arms and they can't stop searching for other stones knowing mumm-ra can get it before them. So my theory(or if I were the writer) I would let Lion-O continue to his journey for stones(probably with snarf and thunderkittens as it was mentioned in first 10 pages) and the others can pay a visit to berbils. Since panthro can't fight if they come across some evil guys.

On this journey Lion-O could come across Mumm-ra itself or some evil liutenants of his. Since its our normal gig and Lion-O now has 2 stones he would try to fight Mumm-ra(or some other guy) and just when he had won the fight; the master evils attack our cute little kittens. Since Lion-O is a good guy, he tries(and hopefully succeeds) to save them but this act of heroism causes lion-o to get himself badly wounded(Chetaara probably feels it) and leaves the group unconscious. So we come to a point where Lion-O loses the sword(again).

As Lion-O recovers, others notice that his spirit is broken. This last failure destroyed his self confidence beyond repair and because of T/C thing Chetaara can't reach Lion-O anymore(Even you have abandoned me.). Since Tygra is a jerk and Pantro is not the guy who can deal with a situation like that Lion-O has to repair what is broken himself.(this is an excuse for trials (I couldn't watch the complete OC[But I will I promise] yet so I don't know what were the OC Lion-O's trials.)

Why I want him to be broken? I am a fan of lion-o and I really want him to kick Tygras' behind parts but he can't do it as who he is now. And you can't build a skyscraper on a shitty hut. To create the true king you have to be sure he is unbreakable and to ensure it he should be broken. Totally illogical but somehow works and probably piss off some OC fans...

BTW, even though it could create some great opportunities T/C thing was a cheapshot and it was really too OOC for Chetaara as stated before. It still remains as a black spot(and a huge one) for the series...
Welcome aboard, agreed the Tygra/Cheetara thing is crap! They have punished Lion-O enough!

Last edited by cmangund; 01-02-2012 at 08:45 AM..
Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #2472
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah that's why we have a bunch of Analysis, discussions and scenarios of explaining the why of it. Otherwise Cheetara is the same as a villain or seductress which is certainly not, as most of us here have gone deep to discuss her character, and that was too off the chart for her!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #2473
cmangund
Quote:
Indeed all negative things can have a good impact sometimes, that's why there is a logic called negative logic/reciprocal logic.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #2474
Balgus82
Quote:
(I couldn't watch the complete OC[But I will I promise] yet so I don't know what were the OC Lion-O's trials.)
In the OS the trials were tests the other Thundercats devised that Lion-O had to complete (without the sword) before he could be officially coronated as Lord of the Thundercats.

I'm not sure if they'll be same this time around because he's already considered King, but then again in the OS everyone had already been calling him Lord of the Thundercats as well.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #2475
stormbringer
Quote:

Good idea, and welcome!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #2476
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post

I think this was more bad writing, because at the beginning of episode 13 Anet changed his wording to "Lion-O will feel betrayed."

The battle took place in daylight. The ending celebration took place at night. More than enough time passed for Lion-O and Tygra to tell the team what happened. I'm sure they were all curious.

I just rewatched the end again. she didn't say tygra's name, but she did say she chose "years ago." She didn't meet Lion-O until the premiere. tygra was the only one of the two she knew "years ago."

*shrugs* no idea on that one. unless she kept it safe with cleric magic.

That's not a question. lol
Thanks for the input.

I think she knew who lion-o was years ago. We will find out in E14.

Good one on 5.

I thought the heart was cheesy. We keep mementos in safe places.

They came out of the AP at night, so they would have little time to tell them.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #2477
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-O: "It's this place. It's making our worst memories and desires real."
Tygra: "But someone is guiding this."
Lion-O: "I'll give you one guess...Mumm-Ra."
Tygra still made the SoO and tygra still kicked lion-o into the pit.

If he didn't mention their father, tygra would have left him.

We make our one choices, we chose how we react to our situations.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #2478
L08e16o
Quote:
I think they take the safe route.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #2479
L08e16o
Quote:

Welcome aboard too.

Love the input.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #2480
L08e16o
Quote:

In the OS lion-o had to beat each cat.

Man that would be hard to overcome, he would have really question himself is he worthy of anything.

I think mummra will get that stone soon. Cheetara will have to reach him. If she can't be his cleric, then she has disgrace the clerics and jaga. All she would be is tygra's cat. She would be a supporting character to a supporting character.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #2481
stormbringer
Quote:
In the OS lion-o had to beat each cat.

Man that would be hard to overcome, he would have really question himself is he worthy of anything.

I think mummra will get that stone soon. Cheetara will have to reach him. If she can't be his cleric, then she has disgrace the clerics and jaga. All she would be is tygra's cat. She would be a supporting character to a supporting character.
The writers definately need to do some damage control. Cheetara's credibility as a friend and advisor to Lion-o has been undermined.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #2482
L08e16o
Quote:
The writers definately need to do some damage control. Cheetara's credibility as a friend and advisor to Lion-o has been undermined.
It makes it worse that she is the opposite sex and he likes her. Then add in the brother.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #2483
Balgus82
Quote:
Tygra still made the SoO and tygra still kicked lion-o into the pit.

If he didn't mention their father, tygra would have left him.

We make our one choices, we chose how we react to our situations.
but they were still being influenced by mumm-ra. he was feeding their negative emotions. when he came to his senses he helped lion-o and then made the astral sword disappear.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #2484
Balgus82
Quote:

They came out of the AP at night, so they would have little time to tell them.
it was day time when the battle ended. i just double checked.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #2485
stormbringer
Quote:
It makes it worse that she is the opposite sex and he likes her. Then add in the brother.
The writers have to have a plot twist to get out if this or cheetara as a character is ruined.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #2486
L08e16o
Quote:
it was day time when the battle ended. i just double checked.
I thougth it was dusk when they came out.

Evening bells ring at 6?
Old 01-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #2487
L08e16o
Quote:
The writers have to have a plot twist to get out if this or cheetara as a character is ruined.
Agreed.

Tell me what guy would brush it off and move on. This is his first crush and as we know, he has never had that type of contact with a female.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #2488
L08e16o
Quote:
but they were still being influenced by mumm-ra. he was feeding their negative emotions. when he came to his senses he helped lion-o and then made the astral sword disappear.
Tygra emotions were already at their high. He went into the AP to get the stone for himself, that is the wrong motive. Not until lion-o mention their father did he come to his senses. He did it for their father not lion-o.

Again, we make our own choices in life, no one makes them for you.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #2489
stormbringer
Quote:
Agreed.

Tell me what guy would brush it off and move on. This is his first crush and as we know, he has never had that type of contact with a female.
I sure wouldn't.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #2490
L08e16o
Quote:
I sure wouldn't.
It would be different if lion-o dated or knew other females. There are no other females in the group too.

He is not like tygra, I think tygra would've moved on. Tygra's hang up is the crown.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #2491
L08e16o
Ok, most evening bells ring at 7 or 8.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #2492
Balgus82
Quote:
I thougth it was dusk when they came out.

Evening bells ring at 6?
daylight. after the astral plane closed on panthro's arms.

night time. after they've had time to bandage him (which would be enough time to tell them what happened).
Old 01-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #2493
Balgus82
Quote:
This is his first crush and as we know, he has never had that type of contact with a female.
as we know? how do we know that? we don't know if Lion-O has had a girlfriend or not in the past.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #2494
L08e16o
Quote:
daylight. after the astral plane closed on panthro's arms.

night time. after they've had time to bandage him (which would be enough time to tell them what happened).
Thanks.

I don't believe tygra or lion-o would come out say anything about cheetara or about tygra kicking lion-o in the pit.

I think the would tell about mummra, AP (how it effects you), and the stone.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #2495
stormbringer
Quote:
It would be different if lion-o dated or knew other females. There are no other females in the group too.

He is not like tygra, I think tygra would've moved on. Tygra's hang up is the crown.
Yeah Tygra is a player, he would be able to get over a woman much easier than Lion-o.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #2496
L08e16o
Quote:
as we know? how do we know that? we don't know if Lion-O has had a girlfriend or not in the past.
Ok, I will play that. We don't know if cheetara has always follow lion-o when they were young or who she really chose. The main writer said they would give us a answer on why she follows him.

Also, we don't know if tygra was just a player and cheetara didn't like him. She didn't care for his wink.

When I say as we know, I mean the facts we know as of now.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-02-2012 at 01:35 PM..
Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #2497
Balgus82
Quote:
Thanks.

I don't believe tygra or lion-o would come out say anything about cheetara or about tygra kicking lion-o in the pit.

I think the would tell about mummra, AP (how it effects you), and the stone.

you might be right about that. but we really don't know what they told them. they had to have told them something about cheetara for her to know they were fighting over her in there. at least hinted at it if they didn't say it outright.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #2498
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah Tygra is a player, he would be able to get over a woman much easier than Lion-o.
He had 8 years and didn't do anything.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #2499
L08e16o
Quote:
you might be right about that. but we really don't know what they told them. they had to have told them something about cheetara for her to know they were fighting over her in there. at least hinted at it if they didn't say it outright.
I don't think lion-o would take that ground. They know tygra is jealous of lion-o for the crown. I don't think they would have said we fought because of cheetara's flirting. I don't think cheetara would've approve of tygra kicking lion-o into the pit. I don't think panthero would stand for that.

I think lion-o would save face for his brother and cheetara. That is how he is.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-02-2012 at 01:34 PM..
Old 01-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #2500
stormbringer
Quote:
He had 8 years and didn't do anything.
Yeah if you liked a girl it probably wouldn't take you a near decade to speak up. Cheetara could have been married with kids in that time.