TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 06-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #101
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
You know maybe all L/C TCATS fans should gather money and make a fanmade TCATS movie with L/C ship. Then stick it up to WB

That WW movie with BM/WW ship that the many2 fans funded is going well. That DC starting to "look at it" and "interested" with the cast and crew of the movie with the way how BM/WW live action movie interactions should be done.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #102
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Vultare claiming they had flight simulation training. What were they playing Star Fox? To bad, it ending up more like Duck Hunt.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #103
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
That would be great, but MJ would sabotage it.
No doubt he will do what he can to sabotage the L/C TCATS movie funded by L/C fans. We must be vigilant at all times with a certain saboteur lurking about. Though he failed to sabotage the BM/WW live action fan funded movie, I doubt he will succeed with TCATS L/C fan funded movie. L/C fans are "armed and dangerous" against MJ and all oppositions

Old 06-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #104
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
This was a fantastic episode sans some plot holes. It all felt very epic and at the same time like the series had come full circle. The fact that all of the cats allies showed up to help was cool and felt like something that would have happened even in the OS universe.

Pumyra turning out to be evil... Wow you know I hate to say it but I thought it was cool and very well done. It reminded me of when Rogue turned on the X-Men and went to Magneto. I am thinking that if there is a season 2, and the cats some how manage to break her free from the power of the ASoE, she will most likely fade away as its the power of the ASoE that sustains her.

One of the coolest things was seeing all of the mutants together at last. Vultureman, Jackalman, Slithe, and Monkian (yeah yeah I know, not their actual names here). Dobo kicking the hell out of Pumyra was great as well.

As for the plot holes they all revolve around Pumyra. Why was she in the pits? Is the "real" Pumyra dead and this is a Pumyra clone Mummra created or is the actual Pumyra just given new life?

All in all it was a nice way to end the season and I truly hope this is not the end of the series.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #105
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Well since Mumm-ra and Ancient Spirits can bring anyone back to life.

Soul Server is cut a deal with Mumm-ra to serve him and he would bring the souls of his family back.

Really good Pumyra works for Mumm-ra. The TC show lacked a female villain and was running towards being a sausage-fest. Come on, look at how Atticus was eying out Vultare or maybe he was thinking about Wings.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #106
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
This was a fantastic episode sans some plot holes. It all felt very epic and at the same time like the series had come full circle. The fact that all of the cats allies showed up to help was cool and felt like something that would have happened even in the OS universe.

Pumyra turning out to be evil... Wow you know I hate to say it but I thought it was cool and very well done. It reminded me of when Rogue turned on the X-Men and went to Magneto. I am thinking that if there is a season 2, and the cats some how manage to break her free from the power of the ASoE, she will most likely fade away as its the power of the ASoE that sustains her.

One of the coolest things was seeing all of the mutants together at last. Vultureman, Jackalman, Slithe, and Monkian (yeah yeah I know, not their actual names here). Dobo kicking the hell out of Pumyra was great as well.

As for the plot holes they all revolve around Pumyra. Why was she in the pits? Is the "real" Pumyra dead and this is a Pumyra clone Mummra created or is the actual Pumyra just given new life?

All in all it was a nice way to end the season and I truly hope this is not the end of the series.
This is the real legit Pumyra. Mumm-ra found her soul filled with the need of vengeance and the AS brought her back on borrowed time. As for her in the Pit, part of the plan to get her to meet up with Lion-O and the gang.

Lion-O meets up with Pumyra.
Pumyra leads them to Plundarr
Cheetara removes Jaga's spell to free the Sword of Plundarr.
Mumm-ra attacks to cause a diversion.
Pumyra talks Lion-O into giving her the sword and they split up.
Pumyra delivers the sword right into Mumm-ra's hands.
Pumyra acts as leverage in-case Lion-O one ups Mumm-ra in combat.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #107
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
I sorta saw her going traitor coming. didn't think she was a zombie though... haha. I do hope we see another season, I want to see the fallout of this! But what's it say that a psycho zombie girl has more character development than Cheetara...

and still stand by Li/Chee. but I can reason with Limyra... Zombies need love too
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #108
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
I sorta saw her going traitor coming. didn't think she was a zombie though... haha. I do hope we see another season, I want to see the fallout of this! But what's it say that a psycho zombie girl has more character development than Cheetara...

and still stand by Li/Chee. but I can reason with Limyra... Zombies need love too
Wait, you want lion-o to get sloppy seconds from Mummra.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #109
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
As for her in the Pit, part of the plan to get her to meet up with Lion-O and the gang.
That would explain her ability to have such a consecutive win record in the pit... she had the ASoE on her side. And it looks like her rage against the small rat for whipping the cats was all a ploy to make Lion-O completely believe in her as well.

A lot of people are saying that it doesn't make sense that she doesn't hate Mummra for destroying Thundera in the first place but I am pretty sure when the ASoE "resurrected" her, they made sure to wipe all that "common sense" from her mind.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #110
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
LOL

I try to avoid that train of thought regardless of pairing...
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #111
L08e16o
You know Mumm-Rana will use the ASoG to bring her back.

But we get a new Producer that will change.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #112
L08e16o
Quote:
That would explain her ability to have such a consecutive win record in the pit... she had the ASoE on her side. And it looks like her rage against the small rat for whipping the cats was all a ploy to make Lion-O completely believe in her as well.

A lot of people are saying that it doesn't make sense that she doesn't hate Mummra for destroying Thundera in the first place but I am pretty sure when the ASoE "resurrected" her, they made sure to wipe all that "common sense" from her mind.
She died and they brought her back to life. She felt her own people left her. So I can see why she is like this.

The ASOE would not bring her back to life if they thought she would turn on them like they did in Native Son with tygra.

She is full of hate.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #113
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

To be frank, her beef is with Lion-O who left her and the people to save his own ***. She still has a an amount of heart for her people, but her main reason is to just get revenge on the *** that left her for dead.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #114
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
The only thing surprising about the pumyra betrayal is the fact that the writers went with the most obvious suspect -_- !!! Cheetara would've been more of a surprise, well with that out of the way maybe they'll show her past now seeing nothing is know about her as of yet pending the show continues. So does pumyra have an ever living body or is she just a bandage changer
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #115
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
But she's a reanimated body. That's gross......plus he shouldn't trust her since she did what she did and she's Mumm-Ra's lover.
Pumyra fits the cheetara jokes that were posted back on the ep 13 thread
Old 06-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #116
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
To be frank, her beef is with Lion-O who left her and the people to save his own ***. She still has a an amount of heart for her people, but her main reason is to just get revenge on the *** that left her for dead.
She doesn't know he was on a mission to get the book though. I'm sure if he thought there were survivors he would have looked. And anyway, he didn't leave her for dead. He didn't know she existed. He was driven by revenge due to his father's death, and even then......didn't they say they had look for survivors before they left? He probably didn't see her under the rubble.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 06-16-2012 at 08:13 PM..
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #117
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
I called the forever bag coming into play but was hoping grune jumped out from it also to add to mumm-ra's army
Old 06-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #118
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Pumyra fits the cheetara jokes that were posted back on the ep 13 thread
Think about this.

Pumyra did the samething cheetara did flirt/support. Well pumyra was doing it to lead him on, so what is cheetara's excuse?
Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #119
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Think about this.

Pumyra did the samething cheetara did flirt/support. Well pumyra was doing it to lead him on, so what is cheetara's excuse?
He "misread" her. Tygra and the twins did the same too.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #120
L08e16o
Quote:
He "misread" her. Tygra and the twins did the same too.
I know what the writers say, but that is not support. Pumyra didn't do it for support.

I know it is pointless.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-16-2012 at 08:20 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #121
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
Funny, I'm planning to put up my own ideas for how I'd handle a Thundercats series, and Pumrya's arc would be the oppisate of this.
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #122
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Found out Paul Giacappo wrote this episode. I should have figured, given how Astral Plane and Between Brothers ended.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #123
L08e16o
Quote:
Found out Paul Giacappo wrote this episode. I should have figured, given how Astral Plane and Between Brothers ended.
I have a feeling he doesn't like lion-o.

No more Star Wars guys.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #124
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I don't now. I'm just so shocked and pissed off. This is even worse than BB's ending.
Not really this one was predictable
Old 06-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #125
L08e16o
So did pumyra give mummra a big wet kiss when she gave him the SoP?
Old 06-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #126
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Not really this one was predictable
No, i mean that she was undead and working for Mumm-ra....i knew she'd betray him to an extent.

Quote:
So did pumyra give mummra a big wet kiss when she gave him the SoP?
Please no. I just ate.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #127
Bill923
Thunder Kitty
Very good episode! I never saw Pumyra's betrayel coming. I commented earlier that if romance kept being inserted into the plot, it needed to have a purpose for the total story and they delivered. Pumyra wasn't flirting with Lion-o, she was setting him up for the fall from day one. Very nice. The fight scene was great. Lion-o held his own very well and something Mumm-ra said was very interesting.
"You don't even know how to harness the stones power, yet they continue to protect you."

The Spirit stone went out of it's way to offer Lion-o new life and the stones also seem to provide Lion-o with power he didn't quite ask for. This leads me to believe that within the stones, is a presence of mind and will, and they don't care for Mumm-ra all that much.

Wily Kit and Wily Kat were remarkable. Very symbolic how the tide was turned after the speaking of two words "Rankin-Bass".
Now for some observations that give me reason to hope about season 2

The finding of the fourth stone (and it's function), the introduction of Bengali,
and the combining of the power stones would all make for a fantastic season.

"Oh I'm sorry Pumyra...is this your knife in my back?"
Bill923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #128
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
If the Producer doing the next TCATS cartoon is not MJ, then higher chance all will be "good for Lion-O", especially if the OS writers are in-charge.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #129
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
She doesn't know he was on a mission to get the book though. I'm sure if he thought there were survivors he would have looked. And anyway, he didn't leave her for dead. He didn't know she existed. He was driven by revenge due to his father's death, and even then......didn't they say they had look for survivors before they left? He probably didn't see her under the rubble.
It's Pumyra vengeance logic. I'm just telling it the way she sees it.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #130
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Makes me wonder how thundercats would've been if it were a real anime, it would've had an epic intro for sure and more action
The girls would have gotten better development and storylines, that's for sure.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #131
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
The similarities between Tygra and Pumyra are striking. Tygra blamed Lion-O for “taking” away the Crown. Pumyra blames Lion-O for not being there for her when she needed him. Both blame Lion-O for events out of his control. Both are, in certain ways, physically and emotionally abusive towards him.

I never really liked Pumyra but I’m still a bit disappointed with the turn of events. Turning her into a zombie whose sole motivation is a desire for vengeance was not a smart move. It might have been acceptable if Pumyra’s hate towards Lion-O was righteous, but it isn’t – it’s completely irrational and unjustified.

So what has happened to the two main female characters? The first has been reduced from an interesting Cleric to a token girlfriend/cheerleader. The second, a tough (though slightly bipolar) ex-gladiator has been turned into a rage filled zombie. Disappointing.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #132
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
And also that she's bound to the living world by the ASoE, so if she was freed she'd....fade away like Tygra's people.
So which is worse being dead or seeing mumm-ra unwrapped
Old 06-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #133
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
So which is worse being dead or seeing mumm-ra unwrapped
Both.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #134
cmangund
Quote:
Makes me wonder how thundercats would've been if it were a real anime, it would've had an epic intro for sure and more action
Maybe they should just give the brand to Japan and let them do the show.
Its already drawn in Japan why not written in Japan too.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #135
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Vultare claiming they had flight simulation training. What were they playing Star Fox? To bad, it ending up more like Duck Hunt.
Nah he just thought it was an air show and didn't expect the enemy would shoot yeah he's that dumb .
Old 06-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #136
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Maybe they should just give the brand to Japan and let them do the show.
Its already drawn in Japan why not written in Japan too.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #137
cmangund
Quote:
I was just telling L08e16o this in a pm.
One way to fix all the mess created by MJ in just 26 Eps. It will be if that will happen. TCATS made in Japan 100%.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #138
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Bigger plot hole is why sight beyond sight didn't reveal her true nature or pick up on some kind of bad aura on her. Or why miss cleric couldn't detect mumm-ra's bad magic which would be similar to that of the sword of plundar
Old 06-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #139
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Well since Mumm-ra and Ancient Spirits can bring anyone back to life.

Soul Server is cut a deal with Mumm-ra to serve him and he would bring the souls of his family back.

Really good Pumyra works for Mumm-ra. The TC show lacked a female villain and was running towards being a sausage-fest. Come on, look at how Atticus was eying out Vultare or maybe he was thinking about Wings.
Vultaire reminds him of the infamous last meal he had in ep 14 Vultaire better not ever fall in some hot sauce
Old 06-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #140
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
This is the real legit Pumyra. Mumm-ra found her soul filled with the need of vengeance and the AS brought her back on borrowed time. As for her in the Pit, part of the plan to get her to meet up with Lion-O and the gang.

Lion-O meets up with Pumyra.
Pumyra leads them to Plundarr
Cheetara removes Jaga's spell to free the Sword of Plundarr.
Mumm-ra attacks to cause a diversion.
Pumyra talks Lion-O into giving her the sword and they split up.
Pumyra delivers the sword right into Mumm-ra's hands.
Pumyra acts as leverage in-case Lion-O one ups Mumm-ra in combat.
So then that would mean mumm-ra always knew where the sword of plundar was but was powerless against jaga's spell so removing the spell was a mistake
Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #141
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
And suddenly the song tainted love comes to mind
Old 06-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #142
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I see that the writer who wrote Into The Astral Plane and Between Brothers is a fan of both Tygra and Pumyra, but hates Lion-O.

This first season wasn't great for Lion-O, but for Tygra and Pumyra. Lion-O became king in a negative way and Cheetara had the least character development.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #143
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Cheetara had the least character development.
Cheetara did evolve into the ultimate "Anorexic Ho" "forgetting her duty" to her king.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #144
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Jaga should've came in and strip cheetara of being a cleric and give it to kit.
Actually, looking back it was Lion-O himself who defined his new relationship with Cheetara in Episode 14 during that little talk they shared. I don't remember the exact quote, but wasn't it "it changes everything"?

Well, it did. Nothing was the same between them after that point. Cheetara withdrew herself from her role as his advisor. It looked like he was mending that fence (CoR) but never got around to actually inviting her counsel again.

A matter of interpretation, of course. That's mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Now that Pumyra is out of the picture, I can finally work on my Lion-O/OC fic, heh heh heh. I typically don't break ships to pair up an OC with the main character, now I can
First thought I had after today's episode lmao

It was such an epic ending with all the animals together. Of course it would take such a catastrophe to accomplish that, but it finally happened.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #145
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I see that the writer who wrote Into The Astral Plane and Between Brothers is a fan of both Tygra and Pumyra, but hates Lion-O.

This first season wasn't great for Lion-O, but for Tygra and Pumyra. Lion-O became king in a negative way and Cheetara had the least character development.
I'd have to say the writer hates pumyra more for doing that to her. The only bright side is that maybe she has dissociative identity disorder and can redeem herself before she dies permanently
Old 06-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #146
smilodon1
Thunder Kitty
Today's episode certainly caught me by surprise. I never imagined Pumyra was changing Mumm-ra's oil. After all, he did say that Pumyra was fully his "body and soul". I believe he said that to demoralize Lion-O, but seeing her behaviour, it's probably true.

On a side note, we've seen the origins of the blades, the book, etc. I'd like to see how Mumm-ra got his animal collection, as well as how he got those powers. Yes, I've read the comics -- Wahanhk, anyone? Let's just call him Hank. Do Hank and Myra snooze in the same sarcophagus?
smilodon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #147
Balgus82
Quote:
Pumyra is on borrowed time being powered by the same magic as Mumm-ra. L/P is more sick right now than M/P. At least M/P are undead while L/P screams necrophiliac.
Well, technically Lion-O has died before too. lol

Though I kinda hate Pumyra now. I say Lion-O/Willa!
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #148
Balgus82
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #149
smilodon1
Thunder Kitty
I think Lion-O should avoid romance until he is more mature. There's way too much drama in romance, and Pumyra was a good example of a "drama queen".
smilodon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #150
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
No, no, Lion-O/Mandora!

Maybe they'll rip off Gurran Lagaan. Pumrya really is brainwashed, but snaps out of it because of her and Lion-O's Love for each other. She hangs on just long enough to get married, then she fades away. Lion-O goes wandering the earth, and Thundera get's it's greatest and bestest king ever... Tygra!
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote