TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

View Poll Results: After Toy Fair I Am...
Way More Excited! 43 87.76%
Not So Excited. 2 4.08%
About The Same As Pre-Toy Fair. 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Now that Toy Fair has passed, are you more excited, less excited or about the same for Thundercats (as a whole) in 2011?
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
crackus
Thunder Puss
can't wait!!!!! for the new figs, classics, the new cartoons!!! man I think my wallet's gonna cry when they come out. ( plus there's gi joe and MU )
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
JohnnyAngel77
Thunder Kitty
I went with way more excited. I was already stoked on the Classics line. Now the 6" line has me even more pumped, really looking forward to the cartoon!
JohnnyAngel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Joe Moore
Administrator
I think what I saw at Toy Fair exceeded my expectations. While I was looking forward to the reveal, I was surprised at how well Bandai seems to be handling the characters and the license. This is going to be the first non-Transformers series I plan on dropping money on in over 10 years.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I'm definitely way more excited than I was before Toy Fair. I had been gaining interest for quite some time, but Toy Fair multiplied several times in just a few days. I'm even really excited for the new show, which seems to have turned out much better than I ever could have expected when I first heard they were making a new Thundercats.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
MegaPrime33
Thunder Kitty
I'm surprised Bandai handled this well considering their track record. I'm certainly intrigued by the offerings and look forward to seeing more.
MegaPrime33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #7
soundwavempl
Toy Addict
I am way more excited, especially after seeing the Thundercats Classics packaging - it is beautiful.

The new cartoon and toy line looks promising. I'll be comparing it to the great job the 200X MOTU cartoon and line did with the He-Man franchise.

I'm definitely getting the Thundercats Classics toyline. I'll wait to see the new cartoon show and the toyline on shelves before I make the decision to purchase the new designs.
soundwavempl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
Shishard
Mountain Cat
looking forward to the new cartoon and toys!
Shishard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
Echo7Solo
Thunder Kitty
I'm pretty happy about it. The new stuff doesn't look bad but I'd rather have the classics right now. All in all I'm holding off judgement until I get a chance to see the series.
Echo7Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
tas262
Thunder Kitty
I'm primarily a tf collector and thought my wallet would get a breather over the next few months as I have no interest in a majority of the DOTM toyline. Then Bandai blew me away with some fantastic stuff. I was more a Thundercat then tf fan as a kid and the classics are the figures I've been waiting 25 years for. I hope the show turns out as good as the toys.
tas262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #11
bad karma
stray
The Classics figures are looking real good but the price and size will probably deter me from starting on them. The character designs for the new show aren't really doing it for me either, but if we got classics designs in 3 3/4 scale I would definitely get hooked on them.
bad karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #12
DESTRO
Overlord Of Evil
Having went to Toy Fair 2011 and seen first hand the Toys and short Animation video I am much more excited about the Cartoon now then I was before. Actually seeing the 4 inch figures up-close really helps when your not sure from Web photos, when these hit retail I think people are going to find them hard to pass on.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
LionO84
Thunder Kitty
I'm way more excited. I want these toys so bad.
LionO84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #14
kagamigod
Thunder Kitty
I for one am very excited for the Classic line. Best version of the characters yet. The new ones after seeing the Toy Fair pics look a lot better than before. I will be getting the 4" Lion-O and 2 Mum-ra's (Mummy and his true form). If I like those the whole line will be collected. Gotta support what you love if ya want it to survive.

Last edited by kagamigod; 02-16-2011 at 09:51 PM..
kagamigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #15
Samantha
Cat in the red hat
I really like what they have planed so far. The classic figures are very cool looking. To bad they won't be out till August.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #16
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Much more excited. I was already pretty stoked, but after Toy Fair I'm going nuts.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #17
Minezeye
Thunder Kitty
As for the Classics Aspect....Amazing stuff. I'm really happy they are including classics and so well done.

Its the Marvel Legends Style Thundercats we have always dreamt of..

We need to support this line heavy and buy up those classics figures so Bandai will continue to support that aspect of the line and we can at least get all the main TC characters...

As for the 2xxx Hyper anime style figs and pending cartoon...

IMO This style is a bit much for most children of the 80's /current adult collectors, but I think we can easily get use to it...considering all the classic nods these figures and cartoon designs have...

I read Snarf is mute in the new cartoon, and well that already makes this a great step in the right direction for a relaunch...cause that character really killed the drama for me in the old series.. with him saying his own name 50 times an episode...I wanted to step on his face

I can see this going over really well with kids of this generation. Those brainwashed poke`mon heads will be totally in love with the ninja cats! and the mom's will have no problem buying these toys for their kids...
I think most women like cats?!

I just hope the cartoon gets a good time slot so kids and adults can actually watch it together. Kinda like how newer Clone wars episodes run in the evenings right after dinner etc....
Family time viewing = Profit = A longer running cartoon/toyline
We shall see....
Minezeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #18
Hammerhand
Thunder Kitty
I am much more excited. I can't wait to start getting these!
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #19
Steelgrave
Ho!
LOVE the classics, HATE the new stuff. So I went with less excited.

Wiley Kit, Wiley Kat, Grune, Slithe, Tower Of Omens & all the vehicle except for the Thundertank are beyond pathetic! Now I feel embarrassed & insulted to be a Thundercats fan.
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #20
JohnnyAngel77
Thunder Kitty
^^^ Ban this troll! Jk, of course.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #21
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
I think what I saw at Toy Fair exceeded my expectations. While I was looking forward to the reveal, I was surprised at how well Bandai seems to be handling the characters and the license. This is going to be the first non-Transformers series I plan on dropping money on in over 10 years.
I agree with everything you've said. I'm very surprised at how nice everything appears to be shaping up.

The new Classics line looks fantastic, and I suspect the entire line will be a must-buy.

The new figures look like loving updates of the originals; the characters are instantly recognizable, and the figures look to feature plenty of articulation!

I can't wait to see more!
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #22
trebleshot
Sight Beyond Sight
Really looking forward to all the new stuff coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelgrave View Post
Wiley Kit, Wiley Kat, Grune, Slithe, Tower Of Omens & all the vehicle except for the Thundertank are beyond pathetic! Now I feel embarrassed & insulted to be a Thundercats fan.
I'm embarrassed for you too. The names of the twins are spelled "WilyKit" and "WilyKat".

But hey, at least you got some classics love coming your way, so it's not all bad. And you'll be saving some money by skipping the new stuff, I guess.
trebleshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #23
Ashley
Thunder Kitty
I can't say more excited just because a new cartoon that has a lot of thought into it instead of just cashing in on a name is some pretty exciting stuff. Series like GI Joe and Transformers have done well remaking themselves for a new era so I'm all sort of excited to see how Thundercats will remake themselves for a new era.

All the stuff looked really nice at Toy Fair so I'm looking forward to see how it looks in person once it hits the stores. I don't think it's taking away anything from the toys to say the cartoon is at the top of my excitement list because the toys are still something to look forward to.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #24
Zambot
Silverhawks classics?
Studio 4C is one of the top studios right now and this should be well executed. We'll see about the story though.

I LOVE the classic line!!! I'm cool with the modern versions, but want to see them up close in the store before committing.

I might have missed it, but when is the classics line of figures hitting stores??
Zambot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #25
Steelgrave
Ho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebleshot View Post
But hey, at least you got some classics love coming your way,
Yup! Can't wait to see Cheetara.

Now that I think about it, I hated about 50% of the original line back when I was little. Most of the non-Thundercat characters & figures were corny/goofy as hell. And most of the vehicles were really lame too. I thought wave 1 was great but then it just went downhill. That's probably why the line didn't last very long. It went from awesome to stupid really fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebleshot View Post
I'm embarrassed for you too. The names of the twins are spelled "WilyKit" and "WilyKat".
Well,at least I'm not the only one that spells them wrong
http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPLETE-wiley-k...item3365230792

Last edited by Steelgrave; 02-17-2011 at 12:12 AM..
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #26
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
I can't wait to see what all they end up releasing in the Classics line. I hope we at the very least get the Main Cats/Kittens and Mum-ra and the Mutants.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #27
Ashley
Thunder Kitty
On the bright side at least fans get a choice. New stuff, classic stuff or a mix of both it seems like there are choices for different tastes.

Way better than toy lines that give you no choice between new or classic.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #28
JohnnyAngel77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
On the bright side at least fans get a choice. New stuff, classic stuff or a mix of both it seems like there are choices for different tastes.

Way better than toy lines that give you no choice between new or classic.
QFT!!