TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Tygra would be the best.

I have said, tygra needs to be away from Lion-o to grow. We can get back to them fighting. I really want to see lion-o beat tygra.

I am thinking it will be pumyra.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-15-2012 at 03:46 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Sorry, I haven't been in anyway fastidious on checking about things that haven't first appeared on this board (other than local TV airing and DVD releases). When and from whom was this stated?

Setting that aside, I am in agreement with your thought on this hypothetical situation. Pumyra's defining trait in the NS is taking action as soon as it is possible, without thought for its consequences. Even if it's unintentional (actually, especially if it's unintentional) she seems most likely to do so right now.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
Sorry, I haven't been in anyway fastidious on checking about things that haven't first appeared on this board (other than local TV airing and DVD releases). When and from whom was this stated?

Setting that aside, I am in agreement with your thought on this hypothetical situation. Pumyra's defining trait in the NS is taking action as soon as it is possible, without thought for its consequences. Even if it's unintentional (actually, especially if it's unintentional) she seems most likely to do so right now.
I saw it on TC.org. I am sure Balgus saw it too. There are two videos too.

I need to edit the thread title. I was hoping for a twist, but it seems that vultureman is an ally and looks like he is the one who will betray them.

They have so many chances to make this great, but that was so easy to see. Having a cat betray them would've been great, but they go for the easy one.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
L08e16o
How do you edit the thread title?

I need to take out TCats.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Since this is a most likely a series finally, its probably gunna end of a clifhanger and really suck to end on that note.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
I just saw the preview images and videos. You can see Lion-O, Pumyra, Tygra, Snarf, and Panthro, but no Cheetara or the kittens. I highly doubt the kittens would be involved in any kind of betrayal which leaves Cheetara. Honestly I don't see it being a Thundercat but someone they've met along the way. The plot synopsis says "A Trusted Ally".

The Lizards and Mummra get to Avista city which means someone must have informed them of everything. I am thinking the kittens took the Feliner down to get help from someone (the trusted ally) and that someone in turn tells Mummra.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
I just saw the preview images and videos. You can see Lion-O, Pumyra, Tygra, Snarf, and Panthro, but no Cheetara or the kittens. I highly doubt the kittens would be involved in any kind of betrayal which leaves Cheetara. Honestly I don't see it being a Thundercat but someone they've met along the way. The plot synopsis says "A Trusted Ally".

The Lizards and Mummra get to Avista city which means someone must have informed them of everything. I am thinking the kittens took the Feliner down to get help from someone (the trusted ally) and that someone in turn tells Mummra.
They went down on the boards and left the Feliner in part one. Im thinking Pumyra. One because it's predictable and two because she is there lying unconscious in the Mumra Fight scene.
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by monothingie View Post
They went down on the boards and left the Feliner in part one. Im thinking Pumyra. One because it's predictable and two because she is there lying unconscious in the Mumra Fight scene.
She was my first choice as the betrayer as well but aside from showing her on the floor they also show her using a cannon to "presumably" shoot down the lizards (which is why I ended up not choosing her).

She could very well be shooting at the birds though.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Didn't Lion-O learn that Tygra would betray him earlier in the series? I'm a little hazy, so I'm not remembering the exact episode...
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Tygra would be the best.

I have said, tygra needs to be away from Lion-o to grow. We can get back to them fighting. I really want to see lion-o beat tygra.

I am thinking it will be pumyra.
Tygra betraying Lion-O, they already have the bases for that back in 13, it will be the best. Tygra's "private cheerleader" will probably "betray" Lion-O again following her Tygra. Practically Cheetara already "betrayed" Lion-O too with her "fake actions" back then.

Though I think Pumyra will be the one for the betrayal. In any case MJ likes "torturing" Lion-O's "love life".

Last edited by cmangund; 06-15-2012 at 05:38 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I'm thinking either Pumyra, Tygra or Cheetara.....Vultureman isn't a "trusted ally" at all. They just met like one episode ago.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
In the preview they don't say that it would be a cat at all, just a "trusted ally." I know that's playing Devil's Advocate a bit, but still.

It's also possible that they're making this "betrayal" out to be bigger than it actually is (sort of like what happened in "Between Brothers). It may be nothing more than Pumyra abandoning her post to go after the tech stone again (which seems likely based on the preview).
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
It's the Berbils. Don't tell me you didn't see that coming. There's always got to be something behind the cuteness!!!

*insert maniacal berbil laughter here*
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I'm thinking either Pumyra, Tygra or Cheetara.....Vultureman isn't a "trusted ally" at all. They just met like one episode ago.
I agree.

How could he be a trusted ally. You have to build the trust to be a trusted ally. But I think it will be Vultaire. If it is Vultaire, then this is no twist or surprise. We know he was going to be a villian at some point.

If it is a cat, I will say good job MJ. If it is Vultaire, then I will be more dissappointed.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I'd rather it not be Pumyra. It'd just make another stereotype about women who act the way she does.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #16
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
It's the Berbils. Don't tell me you didn't see that coming. There's always got to be something behind the cuteness!!!

*insert maniacal berbil laughter here*
Maniacal berbil laughter I could only imagine what that'll sound like
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
cmangund
Quote:
I agree.

How could he be a trusted ally. You have to build the trust to be a trusted ally. But I think it will be Vultaire. If it is Vultaire, then this is no twist or surprise. We know he was going to be a villian at some point.

If it is a cat, I will say good job MJ. If it is Vultaire, then I will be more dissappointed.
Too early to call Vultaire a trusted ally yet, though by MJ's logic anything goes. Still again MJ uses "betrayal" for a "Season Finale", if this keep on repeating for every season finale it gets old. Provided there will be a next season.

Last edited by cmangund; 06-15-2012 at 06:11 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
L08e16o
Quote:
I'd rather it not be Pumyra. It'd just make another stereotype about women who act the way she does.
Maybe she takes it when lion-o and mummra are fighting. That brings the city down and that is what turns Vultaire against the cats (he didn't see it).

I think tygra would be better, but MJ won't do that.

They said she will be with them for a bit. Maybe that is what cause her to leave.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #19
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Too early to call Vultaire a trusted ally yet, though by MJ's logic anything goes. Still again MJ uses "betrayal" for a "Season Finale", if this keep on repeating for every season finale it gets old. Provided there will be a next season.

Well, he did shock us with episode 13. I am hoping he shocks us again and not do the easy way out (Vultaire).
Old 06-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Agree.

Well, he did shock us with episode 13. I am hoping he shocks us again and not do the easy way out (Vultaire).

Didn't Paul Giacappo write 12 and 13?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
cmangund
Quote:
Yes he did.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #22
L08e16o
Quote:
Yes.

Remember the writer has to form around MJ direction.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #23
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
I wonder how quickly lion-o beats mumm-ra this time
Old 06-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #24
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
I wonder how quickly lion-o beats mumm-ra this time
In two minutes.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #25
cmangund
Quote:
In two minutes.
Probably 0.0000005 seconds flat, faster than The Flash blinks. MJ needs to make Tygra shine afterall, it's his "daily needs".

Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #26
Balgus82
It'll either be Vultaire (he was fighting alongside the cats in the previews), or Dobo IMO.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #27
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
It'll either be Vultaire (he was fighting alongside the cats in the previews), or Dobo IMO.
But how are either of them trusted ally's? Dobo isn't anyone's ally, and Vultaire doesn't even like them.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #28
L08e16o
Quote:
But how are either of them trusted ally's? Dobo isn't anyone's ally, and Vultaire doesn't even like them.
It would be weak if it was one them.

I think if they want to get people going (interested) again, a cat betraying lion-o would be great.

Pumyra coming up from behind on lion-o when he is fighting mummra and KOIng him and she leaves with mummra. That would be a great cliff hanger.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #29
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Id die laughing if its Snarf. He just pulls out the sword of Snarfs with the other stone in it and goes to town. Id actually enjoy that.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #30
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
It would be weak if it was one them.

I think if they want to get people going (interested) again, a cat betraying lion-o would be great.

Pumyra coming up from behind on lion-o when he is fighting mummra and KOIng him and she leaves with mummra. That would be a great cliff hanger.
It would upset Pumyra, Lion-o and P/L fans though. And Lion-o would once again be betrayed (for real this time) by a girl he likes.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 06-15-2012 at 07:46 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #31
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
I can see this quite easily with the parts of her character that are consistent.

Pumyra: "You'll follow through with what we agreed? I get you the book and the stones and the cats will rule over the animals again, right?"

Mumm-Ra: "Yes, my dear."
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #32
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I can see this quite easily with the parts of her character that are consistent.

Pumyra: "You'll follow through with what we agreed? I get you the book and the stones and the cats will rule over the animals again, right?"

It does sound consistent. But she can't possibly be that naive. Though the Cats (i assume) did rule over the others when Leo was in Mumm-Ra's service.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #33
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
So where is cheetara when all the fighting is going down? Is she standing somewhere screaming "yeah go tygra " ?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #34
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

That would seem to be the attitude of tygra and cheetara as well. So far only lion-o the twins and panthro(berbils # 1 fan ) have shown they care about the other animals.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
So where is cheetara when all the fighting is going down? Is she standing somewhere screaming "yeah go tygra " ?
Probably. Seems like she's always away, cheering him on, or kissing him at unnecessary times.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #36
Sining
Thunder Kitty
My first choices
1) Pumyra - simply because of the way she's acted the past few episodes, she is the best choice for the well-intentioned extremist villain.
2) Cheetara - ANY character development (including villainous ones) is better than NO development -_- If Cheetara does turn out to be a traitor, I hope this will be what we need to jolt her character.
3) Tygra - Eh, the obvious choice really. A bit too obvious if you ask me. But it would fit in with some previous episodes dialogues.
4) The kitkats - Mumm-ra drives up in a white van and offers them candy and a map to El Dora. No, can't see this happening either
5) Panthro - If this happens, someone should flip table. Panthro's becoming the butt monkey of the show and him betraying the cats again just doesn't make sense.

Why I hope it's a cat that betrays Lion-O? Because of all the build up to it. In S1, we learn Lion-O will experience a betrayal from his brother like none he's ever known and nothing came of it. In s2, we have the ominous line from Mumm-ra asking 'will you be the FIRST of your kind to forsake compassion from power' as well as all that stuff about how your lineage/nature plays a huge role into your character. This could be indicating BOTH pumyra and tygra. We've seen Pumyra has no issues forsaking others for the sake of the 'greater good', except where does this greater good end? You could say Mumm-ra thinks of himself as working for the greater good as well since he wants to bring order to a lawless universe. Granted the order will be born from fire and blood but hey Pumyra was willing to drop an entire city of birds from the sky.

As for Tygra, we've had all that build-up about how people can't change their nature and how he will betray/has betrayed Lion-O.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #37
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
If it turns out to be Pumyra, then that means she was never a member of the Thundercats and it wouldn't surprise me given how she's extreme in one way and extreme in another for the last several episodes. I could also see Tygra betraying Lion-O as well. It could be either Tygra or Pumyra. Whichever one of them betrays Lion-O will likely replace Grune.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #38
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
If Pumyra is working for Mumm-Ra why did he try to kill her like three times (he even tried to eat her!)? You'd think that would be a deal-breaker.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #39
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Mumm-ra is the kind of guy who tells his most trusted right-hand man Leo that 'hey, i would hate to have to kill you but I would', let alone some 2-bit puma.

plus there's nothing to say she only just starts working for Mumm-ra in this episode.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #40
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Call me crazy but I'm not inclined to work with someone who tried to murder me multiple times. Hostile work environment and all that.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #41
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Maybe she takes it when lion-o and mummra are fighting. That brings the city down and that is what turns Vultaire against the cats (he didn't see it).

I think tygra would be better, but MJ won't do that.

They said she will be with them for a bit. Maybe that is what cause her to leave.

Seriously Tygra? At this point just let it go.
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #42
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Call me crazy but I'm not inclined to work with someone who tried to murder me multiple times. Hostile work environment and all that.
well, you're obviously not the type of person galaxy-murdering villains like to recruit then. But then you're also probably not bipolar
Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #43
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
The traitor could be someone among the cavalry that Wilykit and Wilykat brought with them to the bird city.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #44
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
I know people seem to think he is not a trusted ally but I would have to say Vultaire will be the one to betray Lion-O. I know it's not a twist but who said there had to be a twist? The Thundercats and the Birds are in a war against the lizards from what we can see in the preview. They are fighting side by side which would make the Birds and Vultaire allies. Doesn't mean it can't leave a cliff hanger somewhere else within the story. The other possibility i would say is that they believe Pumyra betrayed them only to find out it was Vultaire later on.
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #45
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I saw it on TC.org. I am sure Balgus saw it too. There are two videos too.

I need to edit the thread title. I was hoping for a twist, but it seems that vultureman is an ally and looks like he is the one who will betray them.

They have so many chances to make this great, but that was so easy to see. Having a cat betray them would've been great, but they go for the easy one.
SO it is now truly the Lando on Cloud City story. Hope Lion-o doesn't lose a hand and Tygra doesn't get frozen in carbonite.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #46
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
There were two betrayals after watching the episode - Voltaire and Pumyra. This was something we saw coming. There were clues from the last several episodes. I called it that Pumyra was never a member of the Thundercats. She was technically dead. If they end up introducing Bengali, he'd be used in the same way perhaps be Tygra's foil. I called it that Pumyra was never a member of the Thundercats.

Last edited by vantheman77; 06-16-2012 at 10:16 AM..