TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > WilyKit's Corner - Thundercats Creative > Thundercats Fan Art

Old 04-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
A little colored sketch I did of everyone's favorite fetching medic in scandelous swimwear. I tried my best to emulate the style of the new show and it's in my all-time favorite format: paper and ink.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pumyra sexy small.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1069
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Only a few more weeks to find out how close you got it.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
I'd lay odds that I'm way off, but I'm sure she'll look great. One area where the show never disappoints is art design.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quite frankly I'm not even disappointed in the writting, my expectations were met (seriously, it's on the level with Transformers Animated, even better than Prime and several of the less thrilling episodes of Young Justice). Once they show off all the new ThunderCats I'll only be wanting to see the Lunataks even more. Well, hopefully Vultureman and Ratar-O too, of course. BERSERKERS!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
By and large I like the writing, even the "hiccups" like the Tygra/Cheetarah pairing. While it can be argued that it's bad writing it accomplishes good results, namely invoking the same shock and even anger in the fans that Lion-O himself goes through. Very rarely can a show give you that first-person perspective, even in an instant.

I love love loved Will Friedle's foray into writing with "Trials Part 2," It's easily my favorite episode so far and in my own opinion the best episode since the premier. Hopefully the positive reaction leads to more writing credits for him in the future.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
This one looks to be right on the money!

Pumyra reboot concept by ~Aikokutora on deviantART
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post

That one just breaks all the artistic rules of creating unique silhouettes for the main characters.

There are certain justifications to reusing a silhouette via repaint (Transformers has enough excuses), but I doubt we'd ever see that here.

I'm not saying it's a bad photoshop or anything (it's an amazing edit), but I believe Dan Norton really sticks to this rule in his designs.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post

I saw that, it made me ashamed of myself.

Also, in the interest of giving credit where credit is due check out this artist's version of Pumyra, it's adorable. http://golden-blossom.deviantart.com/#/d4vptu1

Last edited by SirSapphire; 04-09-2012 at 06:31 PM..