TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 08-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #51
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
I'm not gonna say anymore about dbz because only one person who has clearly stated his opinion is responding, contending it's dominace. It's obvious TC is greater in every way.

I think voltron force is pretty good, but I gotta tell it feels more like a Saturday morning cartoon then TC. There seems to be a substance to TC a depth of animation and thought and resources behind it that I think is only rivaled with clone wars. I feel the new TC has been better than clone wars tho. I would also submit that the TC crew have showed great restraint and discipline in developing the characters and not just going full blitz from the beginning. 4th episode and we haven't seen mum ra transform yet. Very well done in my estimation.
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #52
GrimlocksPS
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinero View Post
dbz came out in the 80's when goku was a lil kid and it re invented itself with the raditz saga, dbz all wayz stuck to the story line
You don't really understand what i'm talking about. But i am a huge DBZ fan, i have most of the Mangas and Dvds. I loved it and re watch it a lot. But i can also see its flaws and see that it has dated a lot.

Its cool to see a huge DBZ fan on the boards but no one is going to change their opinions anytime soon.

Okay how about

Thundercats 2011 vs Avatar:The Last Airbender.
GrimlocksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #53
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Jaguar View Post
Since you mentioned that, I would have to agree. Even though I've recorded a couple episodes of Voltron Force, I really haven't watched them yet. Thundercats appeals to me a lot more.
i think it is because one was made mainly just to sell toys, voltron, while i feel like thundercats was made more because cartoon network wanted more emmy's, and bandai decided later on to make the toys.

i mean just the mere factor voltron has that new gimmick of every lion being able to become the head, is just another way of saying "look at what this toy can do!"

while up until now the most important vehicle in the thundercats, has JUST made an entrance, and it only made it in the last 3 minutes of the episode!

it's far more character driven, then "mech" driven then voltron force is.

the toys being made by bandai, seems more like an after thought for thundercats, then it was for voltron force.

it's the same way i look at transformers prime, and transformers animated.

it feels more like "let's make this a cool series" rather then "lets sell toys!"

especially if you consider animated's toys didn't come out until almost a half a year after the series started, thought that was mainly due to bad timing with the second movie, and prime's toyline isn't slated to be released until either right before christmas or after, i forget, but it's not due out for a LONG while.
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #54
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
DBZ is shit. Boring, boring, shit. To those that like it, more power to you. I tried to get into it and see what all the fuss was about, but after 26 straight episodes of NOTHING happening, I gave up. The fights are even pathetic. When the characters start fighting so fast that all we can see of them is some sketchy blur lines, *shakes head* that's not a good fight. That's cheap animation. Bored me to tears.
Whatever story that DBZ has doesn't matter, because getting to it takes so painfully long, that they've lost me. I've either turned the channel or fallen asleep.

To the topic at hand:

ThunderCats > Transformers Prime.
- I love both shows, but the expensive CGI is taking its toll on TFP. The locales are devoid of life, and the title character himself (Prime) is M.I.A. more often than not. He's so perfect, that he feels uninteresting. TCats on the other hand has been firing on all cylinders from the get go.

ThunderCats / My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
- MLP had a so-so start, but after the 2-part premiere, the show really kicked into action. Every episode has had me laughing and I really enjoy all the characters. Even characters that I thought I had pegged early on as boring (Rarity) turned out to be surprise favorites. TCats had a stronger start than MLP, but MLP has had 26 excellent episodes to TCats 4. For now, they're neck and neck.

ThunderCats > G.I. Joe Renegades
- Uh. . . I never cared for G.I. Joe, so I haven't watched it. :P

ThunderCats > Voltron Force
- OMG Voltron looks like crap! What are they using to animate it with?

And. . . I think those are all the other major action cartoons out right now. MLP isn't really an action show, but it is one of my favorites and one of the HUB's flagship shows, so I threw it in. :P
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #55
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
like i said, voltron is made for a different audience. it's made for a much younger generation then us, and it is designed just to sell toys, which is obvious with all the "gimmicks", i think voltron is currently in the "armada" stage of transformers, but will evolve over time. same with gi joe, it is still in that stage, but it is evolving a bit faster.

transformers prime has a great cast, and wonderful stories, even the fillers. and so does thundercats, but the problem is with cgi, it is less likely to see random references or some random character from the original in transformers, as we have had with thundercat's two D animation.

mainly due to the fact that animation is much cheaper to produce when it is hand drawn, rather then having to draw an entire character in 3D, in polygons.

so that's the one problem with transformers prime, there really won't be any surprises that we got with the transformers animated.

we won't see spike and carly, we won't see fortress max hidden in the background, or anything like that.

unless of course fort max has a reason to be in the show!

Last edited by dolza_khyron; 08-14-2011 at 10:23 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 01:41 AM   #56
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
dragon ball z season one, summoned up in only 2 minutes, leaving almost NOTHING OUT!

dragonball z has barely any story, compared to thundercats!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #57
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolza_khyron View Post
These are freaking hilarious. Much more entertaining than any one episode of DBZ I ever attempted to sit through, lol.

And GIR always makes wrong right again.
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #58
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #59
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej B View Post
These are freaking hilarious. Much more entertaining than any one episode of DBZ I ever attempted to sit through, lol.

And GIR always makes wrong right again.
dbz the only series that had SO MUCH filler that they had to go BACK and edit it out later just to make it watchable for today's audience with ADD, and cell phones in hand...
Old 08-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #60
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Quote:
dragon ball z season one, summoned up in only 2 minutes, leaving almost NOTHING OUT!

dragonball z has barely any story, compared to thundercats!
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL. I Saw a bird. It was pretty. Kick it's ass.

RETRIEVE THE DRAGON BALL. And the body.

Super Kami Guru is amazing.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #61
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL. I Saw a bird. It was pretty. Kick it's ass.

RETRIEVE THE DRAGON BALL. And the body.

Super Kami Guru is amazing.
yea, abridged is the only way that series is fun. especially vegeta :lol

i wished vegeta actually got to kick ass in that series, and actually would of become a heroish character, rather then just getting his ass kicked most of the time.

but that is the problem with this series, no matter HOW MUCH vegeta evolved, or pickle head *or the yoshi LOL* or any of the other characters that did not start out as "good" become, they always end up doing nothing more then getting beat, until goku or gohan shows up and takes their place, and WINS.

Vegeta was a MUCH more interesting character then goku ever was. or Gohan too. same with piccolo!

i kept hoping that both of them would end up doing something good, and heroic, and end up saving the world at the end at least ONCE. but no, never, it always has to be the goku. the BORING GOKU!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #62
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
[QUOTE=Pinero;10145]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lion O View Post

GO BACK AND LOOK ATHE DBZ WHEN VEGETA AND NAPPA CAME TO EARTH AND LOST BUT WARNED GOKU ABOUT FRIEZE AND THEY SET OUT TO GO WHERE FRIEZA AT WHICH INTRODUCES THE FREIZE STORY>>THUNDERCATS.. DBZ TOOK A DOWNFALL I AGREE BUT VEGETA N FRIEZA SAGA WILL KNOCK TCATZ OUT THE BOX.. IM SORRY, AND I LIVE TCATZ MORE DEN THE AVERAGE
Obvious troll is obvious.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:54 AM   #63
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
the thing is, the guy is not a troll, he's actually serious! lol
Old 10-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #64
ThundercatsRules
Thunder Kitty
Thundercats Rules! it says so in my name
ThundercatsRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #65
scarfan
Thunder Kitty
I would love to see ThunderCats vs DBZ
Two of my favorite shows going head to head now theres a T.V. event I gotta see, but if I choose the winner no offense it would have to be DBZ but I want it to be know the no matter what every cartoon has its flaws even DBZ

Last edited by scarfan; 10-29-2011 at 11:28 AM..
scarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #66
Ocicat
Thunder Kitty
ThunderCats vs He-man (2002)
ThunderCats vs The Visionaries (1987)
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #67
Nachtsider
Shadowmancer Supreme
GENOZAUR, is that you?
Nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #68
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
i'd like to see thundercats vs he-man. seeming it'd be a logical choice, as He-man has been featured in DC comic books, and Thundercats is owned by WB. DC is ownd by WB. logical choice to make a cross over! except that he-man is owned by mattel, and thundercats toys are currently being produced by bandai. but what ever, would still be nice to see!

i guess i can always do so, in toy form thanks to the classics figures of both lines right? lol!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #69
Ocicat
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
i'd like to see thundercats vs he-man. seeming it'd be a logical choice, as He-man has been featured in DC comic books, and Thundercats is owned by WB. DC is ownd by WB. logical choice to make a cross over! except that he-man is owned by mattel, and thundercats toys are currently being produced by bandai. but what ever, would still be nice to see!

i guess i can always do so, in toy form thanks to the classics figures of both lines right? lol!
I often used to do this when I was little and playing with both toylines, I used to have He-Man and Lion-O team up quite often to save the others! I can't believe I remember that!
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #70
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
yea! and these days, now we can have justice league in the mix too! lol
Old 11-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #71
flibbits
Thunder Kitty
Dragonball was the master of filler. 5 minutes of action took place over 4-5 episodes.

T-Cats is off on a tangent, but at least there's action that resolves quickly each episode.

The main problem with T-Cats 2011 is it is unimaginative. The original was derivative, but it was derivative in a new way. It took some pretty generic themes and situations and put them in a new universe.

T-Cats 2011 is derivative of the original T-Cats - it's derivative of a derivative. It's nothing but rehashed stories and characters from the original, jumbled around a little bit in a way that has changed it for the worse.
flibbits is offline   Reply With Quote