TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 09-01-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
Jay Bell
Must NOM NOM diamonds!
Maybe I'm grasping for hope, but what are the chances of Bandai putting out anymore figures, even if only in the European market? Could the 6" Wily twins be developed enough to see a release? And what about Classic Cheetara that was said to be getting a retailer exclusive release? The only positive sign we've had is the Red Lion-O exclusive, and I suppose the SD blind bags. I'm surprised Bandai bothered with these considering the state of things, but maybe it's reason to be hopeful.
Jay Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Oh please. You're kidding right? The toyline was one of the reasons the show was cancelled. They always have different toys for different places.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Jay Bell
Must NOM NOM diamonds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Oh please. You're kidding right? The toyline was one of the reasons the show was cancelled. They always have different toys for different places.
Nah, I'm not kidding. It's probably wishful thinking, but maybe Bandai had some figures far along enough in development that they'd want to produce and sell to recoup costs. And yes, different places do indeed have different toys. European exclusives happen all the time.
Jay Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
LJN had a load of unproduced toys ready and in development from concept art to actual working prototype. Original show still went. Although LJN defunct as a company in 94' i think
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Even if Bandai has unproduced toys, there's not a retailer around who'd purchase the toys in quantities large enough to justify production. It's done. It's an ex-toy line. This toyline has ceased to be. It was fun while it lasted.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
It was fun while it lasted.
It wasn't even that fun. I don't think anybody was satisfied with the amount of characters we got and there was the change in scale for the classics line
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Bandai was only ever going to support the toys as long as the show was "active".

Keep in mind Bandai scrapped their Teen Titans toyline as soon as the show ended production, but was still airing and extremely popular YEARS later, to the point Bandai could have supported the toyline for two or more years, viably.

Thundercats did not get that popular, and without an active show, the line is dead.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
xander88
Thunder Kitty
I had a feeling that the show wouldn't last long, that's why I was hoping they'd release stuff quicker by doing larger waves. There would have been more chance of that if they'd have done all the figures in one scale. The MOTU 2002 series didn't last long but there were a lot of figures made with a lot more characters available and they were all in one scale. This version of Thundercats has actually come off worse than the 2002 MOTU. The MOTU fans were treated to a much better toy line.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander88 View Post
It wasn't even that fun. I don't think anybody was satisfied with the amount of characters we got and there was the change in scale for the classics line
I was happy to get ANY new figures to go with my vintage collection

Would I have liked more? Heck yeah but I like what I got.
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
I was happy to get ANY new figures to go with my vintage collection

Would I have liked more? Heck yeah but I like what I got.
I agree. I would have really liked to have the opportunity to purchase more figures, but I am happy to have had the opportunity to purchase new figures. Hopefully there will be more in the future...
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
Steelgrave
Ho!
The toy line was dead before it ever hit retail. I totally called it! Even though nobody wanted to agree with me or admit it. Toy collectors & denial go hand in hand.

Last edited by Steelgrave; 09-12-2012 at 05:14 PM..
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
thunderspark
Thunder Kitty
What upsets me is Bandai can produce the crap out of Ben 10 and Power Rangers but we finally get thundercats and we barely scratch the surface of supporting characters in action figure form. There's so much untapped opportunity Bandai could offer so much more while they have the licence, the only question is.......will they?
thunderspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderspark View Post
What upsets me is Bandai can produce the crap out of Ben 10 and Power Rangers but we finally get thundercats and we barely scratch the surface of supporting characters in action figure form. There's so much untapped opportunity Bandai could offer so much more while they have the licence, the only question is.......will they?
Nope

And luckily we had the insight of some very wise people to guide us before they came out and predict they they wouldn't survive

(and YES, I am being sarcastic)
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote