TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 01-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
This is the last figure I need from Wave 2 (I don't think he's shown up in stores yet).

After looking at the pictures online, I am a little concerned that he lacks complete articulation. It looks like the only point of articulation is his shoulders. I know some people are worried his arms will be stuck straight up, but I think they will stay down. But it doesn't look like anything else on his body moves.

I don't really get his gimmick. I think he would be 200% better if he had the same articulation as the lizard soldier and was just packaged as a regular 4" figure.

Bandai should just drop this idea of "deluxe" figures. The only really good deluxe figure was Grune.

Thoughts?
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I'll be really surprised if they don't make a normal 3-3/4" scaled Slithe eventually. Which is why I would recommend that anybody not interested in the gimmick of the Deluxe wait.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Mongor
You got red on you.
I like the Mumm-Ra deluxe as well as Grune. The others look poor. I'm going to wait for a regular version of Slithe.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I created a mockup of with he might look like without elbow articulation and assuming his shoulders rotate manually and not just with the squishing action. not bad, but could be better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slithe.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	927
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
It just sucks because this could have been a great 4" fig. I think the best 4" figs so far are Grune, Lizard, & Claudus.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Im looking forward to slithe only problem for me is finding a place that carries deluxe around me
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Hopefully he has articulated wrists, but it doesn't look likely, based on the prototype photo. I always hate it when they sacrifice the action figure for the action feature...
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Well in all honesty these are aimed at kids,have to take the good with the bad sometimes, maybe they will do a single card version of slithe latter on down the road
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
Well in all honesty these are aimed at kids,have to take the good with the bad sometimes, maybe they will do a single card version of slithe latter on down the road
When I was a kid I hated it too!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
It is funny though, that if you compare them to the 80's thundercat toys they are way better. For instance, people have been calling the Storm Charger Mum-ra a happy meal toy (which he is) but if you compare him to the mail-away mumra from the 80's, they are not that much different. The 80's version just had moveable arms.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycp View Post
It is funny though, that if you compare them to the 80's thundercat toys they are way better. For instance, people have been calling the Storm Charger Mum-ra a happy meal toy (which he is) but if you compare him to the mail-away mumra from the 80's, they are not that much different. The 80's version just had moveable arms.
Oh yeah, these figures are way better than the 80's ones. Particularly in terms of the action features generally not imposing on playability. But, it does make Slithe more disapointing for his lack of articulation.