TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 08-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
sevreed
Thunder Kitty
I wonder if there is any chance Bandai might include some of the Thundercats in their Figuarts line? Now that is something I would pay for!
sevreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
Joe Moore
Administrator
One can only hope. I would buy those in a heartbeat.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
The 6 inch line's got most of it's posability! All it needs is slightly better paint apps, loads of hands and doing away with those screw holes. :P
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
JohnnyAngel77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyjo View Post
and doing away with those screw holes. :P
Some of us like screw holes.
JohnnyAngel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Bandai S.H. Figuarts + ThunderCats = Paradise To The Tenth Power
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:14 AM   #6
Blade Raider
Thunder Kitty
Hell no. They would make half of the figures including Cheetara (because she boobs) Tamashii Web Exclusives making them impossible to get for even a half decent price.

Also, I can't really see Bandai of Japan doing anything with Thundercats. Maybe Max Factory since they recently made a Robocop Figma.
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
I've been wondering that myself, because that would be AMAZING. I have the Figuarts Dragonball Z figures and they're excellent.
Mintcondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #8
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
I have Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Kai, Kamen Rider, and Super Sentai Figuarts. Every one of them are awesome. There's also a company called Figma, which has made figures for the show Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. Those figures are amazing, even better than Figuarts. If Figma were to make Thundercats figures, I would go insane.

Here's the Dragon Knight Figma:

Last edited by Hyper Jaguar; 08-13-2011 at 10:55 PM..
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
sevreed
Thunder Kitty
Figma Thundercats would be unreal but I just figured since Bandai already has the license it might work. Will the Thundercats cartoon be aired over in Japan? Does anyone know?
That would help if it aired and did well over seas.
sevreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
Blade Raider
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Jaguar View Post
I have Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Kai, Kamen Rider, and Super Sentai Figuarts. Every one of them are awesome. There's also a company called Figma, which has made figures for the show Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. Those figures are amazing, even better than Figuarts. If Figma were to make Thundercats figures, I would go insane.

Here's the Dragon Knight Figma:

http://gashaponrakuen.files.wordpres...pg?w=535&h=535
Figma is a toyline. The company is Max Factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevreed View Post
Figma Thundercats would be unreal but I just figured since Bandai already has the license it might work. Will the Thundercats cartoon be aired over in Japan? Does anyone know?
That would help if it aired and did well over seas.
licenses don't work that way. Bandai of America =/= Bandai of Japan. Just because the US Bandai has the rights doesn't mean Japan will to. In the past, Japanese compaines sometimes just imported the best of US line for the show's release in Japan (There's also been times where Japanese exclusives have been added to the US imported line).
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #11
Darkliger
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevreed View Post
I wonder if there is any chance Bandai might include some of the Thundercats in their Figuarts line? Now that is something I would pay for!
It would depend on if 1) the show gets aired in Japan 2) and how popular it is.

but Figuarts Thundercats? I can see Lion-O and Mumm-Ra being made

Cheetra however would be reversed for other products (the Japaneses love catsgirls), like PVC statues and dakimakuras.(hug pillows)
Darkliger is offline   Reply With Quote