TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
What? Another EXCLUSIVE Look at 2012 ThunderCats Toys?!

These look amazing!!
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Do not hotlink images from other people's websites. TC.ws Staff
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
crackus
Thunder Puss
why am I suddenly not excited about the armor of omens?
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Not as excited about armor of omens but I think its only fitting to have a big pice in my collection.

Love mummras wheels
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
the stormcharger looks cool, but the Mumm-Ra figure is beyond lame.hope the normal Mumm-Ra fits in it. and idk about everyone else but I hope they release the armor of omens without that Lion-O somewhere down the line because i hate the limited articulation.

I also really hate how they said they worked with WB to get the stormcharger in the show more. I do NOT like the idea of the story being influenced by toy sales.

Last edited by Balgus82; 11-16-2011 at 12:13 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
The Stormcharger looks pretty cool. Don't think I'll get it, but if I do, I'll be finding a way to hang it on the wall. The Armor-O-Omens is...kinda disappointing, but in retrospect, not all that surprising. It's a gimmick-driven toy, so the lack of anything but minimal arm articulation and some head articulation isn't all that surprising. The chromed out chest is an interesting touch, as is the gold Lion-O. Overall it looks pretty good, but the head seems a bit...big for some reason. I'm not sure if I'll get this either. Really depends on how the Armor-O-Plundarr looks when it's made. The actual retail price will help my decision making process too. If nothing else, it should make for a nice display piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
hope the normal Mumm-Ra fits in it. and idk about everyone else but I hope they release the armor of omens without that Lion-O somewhere down the line because i hate the limited articulation.
Then I think you wouldn't be a fan of the armor itself, as it clearly has very limited articulation...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
DAMN YOU BANDAI!! DAMN YOUR CHROME PAINT!! Chrome never seems to last on any bandai america product so expect your armor to be destroyed in 3-5 years lol. The Mumm-Ra reminds me of the 1.00 toys you squeeze at halloween stores and it lights up and plays a scream. I dig the charger though!
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
ichnusa
Thunder Kitty
why with such a good licence, caracters and design, they made such awfull toys !

what can you do with that lame armor, and mumm-ra is so ugly that even in my toilets i would'nt like him to be exposed !

the only good thing is the stormcharger that looks very cool
ichnusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post

Then I think you wouldn't be a fan of the armor itself, as it clearly has very limited articulation...
yes I was referring to the armor when I spoke of limited articulation. sorry if I was unclear. what I meant was that I hope they'll also release a fully articulated version of the armor that wouldn't need to come with Lion-O.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
yes I was referring to the armor when I spoke of limited articulation. sorry if I was unclear. what I meant was that I hope they'll also release a fully articulated version of the armor that wouldn't need to come with Lion-O.
Ok, I thought you were saying you were saying you were disappointed by the golden Lion-O included with the armor, rather than the armor itself. I too would like to see what they could do with a figure of the armor without needing to fit a figure of Lion-O inside of it. Maybe as a 6" figure. Wouldn't be in-scale with any thing else, but would definitely be a much better figure.

Really makes me worried for the Plundarr armor...
Old 11-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
Balgus82
i'm not as worried about the armor of plunn-dar. he had a skirt. wouldn't really need leg articulation.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #12
crackus
Thunder Puss
really really disappointed about the armor....
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #13
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
I really like the Storm Charger! It's a great design.

The Mumm-Ra figure doesn't look to bad, though, I wish his eyes lit up instead of his hands; I loved how his eyes would glow red in the original series.

The golden Lion-O is interesting. Is it the same mold as the Lion-O from the Thunder-Racer?

I like the design of the armor, but, like most others, I do wish it could have had more jointing placed in. Still, at twelve inches, with both lights and sounds, it's not too bad for twenty to twenty five dollars, though, I should hope the rally cry uses a sound clip out of the series.

I'm highly looking forward to seeing the Armor of Plud-darr figure!
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
ThundercatsRules
Thunder Kitty
Armor of omens and mummra both look awesome. Im so getting these for my birthday.awesome
ThundercatsRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #15
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
The sculpting on the Armour of Omens is amazing, and it looks great, but the fact that it's only got what appears to be seven POA I'll pass. The Mumm-ride looks bitchin', however.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #16
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
The sculpting on the Armour of Omens is amazing, and it looks great, but the fact that it's only got what appears to be seven POA I'll pass.
I see five, maybe six, POA. The head can rotate, the shoulders rotate, the elbows bend, and the tail looks like it could rotate at the point where it attaches to the rest of the armor.

Did anybody else notice that the one image is actually a CG render of what the armor could have looked like as a toy, rather than the toy itself? (it's the one with the big spikes on the feet). I guess that's what the armor was going to look like before they altered it a bit for the show.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I see five, maybe six, POA. The head can rotate, the shoulders rotate, the elbows bend, and the tail looks like it could rotate at the point where it attaches to the rest of the armor.

Did anybody else notice that the one image is actually a CG render of what the armor could have looked like as a toy, rather than the toy itself? (it's the one with the big spikes on the feet). I guess that's what the armor was going to look like before they altered it a bit for the show.
I noticed the different figure (the gauntlets are also different) but I think that's an actual prototype toy. doesn't look like CG to me.

they really should've articulated his legs though. look how far down Lion-O rests. his head is at the armor's abdominal area. they could've raised Lion-O up closer to its neck and that would've given enough clearance.
anywho I'll just hope they release it articulated later. even if it's in a smaller scale. hopefully at least 6"

Last edited by Balgus82; 11-16-2011 at 02:49 PM..
Old 11-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #18
Yasraina
Thunder Kitty
They look nice but as like the previous tank at least it wasn't that awesome as we thought lets hope that one will be better. As for the armor i can't say much from the pictures only.
Yasraina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
Nekomen
Licking Purrfection
I'm so sold on the Armor of omens and Armor of Plundar. That storm Changer is tempting as all hell too!
Nekomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #20
Catsfan85
Thunder Kitty
Yeah, gotta admit, not all that excited about the armour. Reminds me of the old Transformers "Pretenders"...those weren't all that exciting either.

Mumm-ra's tank looks nice though, might snag that to go with the TT.
Catsfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #21
ThundercatsRules
Thunder Kitty
i say dont worry about both figures. They both look cool, especially the armor of omens.
ThundercatsRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Really? Im the only one worried about Bandai chroming job.......? Your all brave souls!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #23
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
The Storm Charger looks

lacking

Will the armor of omens bve fully articulated or will it be stiff and robotic looking as it appears.
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #24
moondog
Thunder Kitty
Don't really care for the armor as a action figure but I don't like it in the show. That said I will probly buy two lol. They will make great statues for a dio I want to put together
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #25
DecepticonSpike
My Cat Sits On My Head
I think i'll wait till I see them in person before I decide.
DecepticonSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
Autotrooper
Banned
I could care less about either. I want the 6 inch twins!!
Autotrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #27
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Armor of Omens is a brick. Easy pass there. Storm Charger looks cool but it should have been made to accommodate the current 4" figure. The one that comes with it looks like ass.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #28
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Well, that was less then impressive.

Not liking the armor at all, as mentioned it's essentially a large Pretender shell.

Storm Charger has an excellent sculpt, nor do I mind the Mumm-Ra, it's the lack of the "sitting up" feature that irks me, especially considering it doesn't even seem to have any other features then the light up action.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #29
nomad16
Thundarian
I like the armor of omens design but so little articulation....I just dont think ill buy it.
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #30
nomad16
Thundarian
I like the storm charger but will it fit a regular figure? and I wanna see more toys these two arent enough to get me excited for more of this line.
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #31
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Guys...... look at the dimentions of the storm charger...... not gunna fit a regular figure. The mumm-ra is FLAT on the backside and very thin!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #32
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
So how much articulation does the Armor of Omens have? I want to be able to give him some awesome poses out of the toon.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #33
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
So how much articulation does the Armor of Omens have? I want to be able to give him some awesome poses out of the toon.

Head, arms, elbows, knees.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #34
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
These toys are a catastrophe! They still have so many of the original figures to make and they decided instead to go with these two little known pieces from the new cartoon. The lack of articulation, detail and coolness on the armor will make it a pass for me. The conceptual artwork picture looks good but the actual prototype looks like some kind of bad Power Ranger zord wannabe. The Gold repainted Thunder Racer Lion-O is just a slap in the face to anyone who's actually paying attention. Mumm-Ra's little sneaker is is also a pass. That would never stand up to the Thundertank! It's puny and definitely lacking in detail and presence. The figure is very disappointing.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #35
HIS616infernal
Thunder Kitty
the armor is def not as cool as i thought it would be lame!
o well i guess.
HIS616infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #36
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
those are ugly... and these are the things I was looking forward to most. And shouldn't that be a LEO figure?

I still say a Saint Seiya style figure and armor...
>EXO< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #37
Nekomen
Licking Purrfection
I hope they come back around to do a 6'' armor and plundarr, but for now I'm digging this for the backdrop it gives to a T-Cats display. Though it would have been nice of the arms were as articulated as the 6'' at least. I can live with the legs being meh, but the arms at the very least need to give some nice poses like standing with palms over the sword hilt, blade down regal like, or other battle strike poses to go with the eventual plundarr armor.

Plundarr I can understand the lack of Legs with how the skirt works. But they better not skimp on the 6'' or 8'' versions for the kids and fans who want some really dynamic poses and fight scenes.
Nekomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #38
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Why does the storm charger look cooler than the thunder tank?
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #39
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post

Head, arms, elbows, knees.
actually three. just the head and shoulders. if you look close the one picture where you see elbow and knee joints is an earlier prototype (different gloves and feet). the other photos have neither.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #40
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
If I just get the Armor of Omens from this line, I'll be happy.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:11 AM   #41
Steelgrave
Ho!
This toy line is really starting to look like Ben 10. It started out ok but it's really going downhill fast. Glad I didn't waste any money on it. As soon as I heard Bandai was making it I pretty much expected crap like this.
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #42
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I want the Armor of Omens. It should both wearable for Lion-O and as a separate robot. They should call it Leo named after his ancestor.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #43
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
i agree about the mummra insert. I'd rather have a wrapped up mummra piece of plastic insert, than that weird little man with light hands. The lights should have been built into the vehicle.
Also, i think it'd look better if they pulled back on the maroon paint job. Accents are ok but they're getting a little excited.

Chrome on the Armor? Love it! Looks fantastic MISB on the shelf
hope they use black chrome for mummras armor
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote