TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #5601
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Trying to kill lion-o is a betrayal. So lion-o did actually get betrayed as well as felt betrayed
I agree. Is that why you said he had two strikes?

You make it worse than the way I first saw it.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-31-2012 at 05:51 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #5602
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Well IF the stones all go to the Thundercats and not someone else, then I'd say Panthro would have the green stone because it seemed Technology based, Cheetara would probably get the Spirit Stone, and Tygra would probably get the blue one ( but we don't know what properties that one has yet).
Blue stone might be "mind or reality" seeing how they look almost like the ones thanos used
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #5603
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Mummra better make sure he can trust his new alliance, it'd be pretty sad if he gets double crossed and loses out on a stone again.
I think he will get it. They said they wanted to make it hard for lion-o.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #5604
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I think he will get it. They said they wanted to make it hard for lion-o.
They need to do something to balance things out. If Lion-o gets one more stone before Mummra, he'll be able to sneeze Mummra out of existence.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #5605
L08e16o
Quote:
They need to do something to balance things out. If Lion-o gets one more stone before Mummra, he'll be able to sneeze Mummra out of existence.
I agree. He gets the green stone, he will beat mummra's starship.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #5606
L08e16o
Quote:
Blue stone might be "mind or reality" seeing how they look almost like the ones thanos used
Good theroy.

What do you think it can do?
Old 01-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #5607
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I agree. Is that why you said he had two strikes?

You make it worse than the way I first saw it.
Yeah we now see that tygra attempted to kill lion-o twice and lion-o still trusts him, the third strike should be an eye opener for him and tygra beat down will be in order. Grune tried to kill panthro in a similar fashion to how tygra tried to kill lion-o. Mumm-ra used grune so i think he will use tygra too. So maybe tygra is "the lost cause"
Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #5608
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Good theroy.

What do you think it can do?
Well the "reality" gem allows any thought to become reality and the "mind" gem allows the power to read the minds of everyone at the same time
Old 01-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #5609
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah we now see that tygra attempted to kill lion-o twice and lion-o still trusts him, the third strike should be an eye opener for him and tygra beat down will be in order. Grune tried to kill panthro in a similar fashion to how tygra tried to kill lion-o. Mumm-ra used grune so i think he will use tygra too. So maybe tygra is "the lost cause"
That is one of the angles cmangund and I were looking at.

There are going be a couple of lost causes in E14. How many, I don't know.

If cheetara didn't go to him, I wonder how tygra would've betrayed lion-o or make him feel betrayed?

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-31-2012 at 06:22 PM..
Old 01-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #5610
L08e16o
Quote:
Well the "reality" gem allows any thought to become reality and the "mind" gem allows the power to read the minds of everyone at the same time
Good therory.

The reality reminds me of the sage of sixth paths in naruto. That is how he split the 10 tail into 9 sperate animals of chakra.

You saw the red stone gave the SoO more power and gave him the left arm armor, what do you think the blue stone will do?

Do you think there will be any change for the armor or SoO?

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-31-2012 at 06:32 PM..
Old 01-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #5611
stormbringer
Quote:
Since the astral plane was held together by the red gem Lion-o currently has, would its power qualify as reality warping?
Old 01-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #5612
Balgus82
Quote:
I doubt he can beat some one who has all the stones when he can't even beat lion-o when he only had the sword. The fact lion-o now has the spirit stone makes it less likely that he can beat lion-o, plus leo totally owned him in legacy when he had all three of them. If each cat has a stone it would be like captain planet with that "let our powers combine" nonsense
Think of it this way. If my theory of all the stones having to choose someone is correct, then that stone will always be more powerful with it's chosen person than it would be with someone it didn't choose. Just like the warstone is more powerful in Lion-O's hands than it would be in Panthro's. If they actually had all 4 stones Mumm-Ra wouldn't have the armor of Plunn-Dar.

It's like the saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket."

Quote:
I don't think what happened in the AP counts as a betrayal from Tygra because he was being influenced by both Mumm-Ra and the AP. He wouldn't have done it on his own. It's like in the OS when the original Tygra was on the silky fruit. Should he be blamed for what he did while under the influence?

Quote:

If cheetara didn't go to him, I wonder how tygra would've betrayed lion-o or make him feel betrayed?
If Cheetara wouldn't have went to him it wouldn't have happened before the bell.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #5613
Balgus82
btw guys. the spirit stone is pink, not red. the war stone (eye of thundera) is the red stone.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #5614
L08e16o
If Cheetara wouldn't have went to him it wouldn't have happened before the bell.[/QUOTE]

But it sounded like Annet's prediction didn't include cheetara.

I think lion-o was going to talk to tygra and didn't expect cheetara to be there kissing him. To me lion-o would feel betrayed by cheetara.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-31-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Old 01-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #5615
Balgus82
Quote:

Annet's prediction was worded to fit how Lion-O feels.

"you will know a betrayal" and "he will feel betrayed"

The simple answer is Lion-O felt betrayed by Tygra in that moment, but didn't blame Cheetara.

It's all dependent on how Lion-O is looking at it.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:06 PM   #5616
stormbringer
Quote:
Quote:
If Cheetara wouldn't have went to him it wouldn't have happened before the bell.

I think lion-o was going to talk to tygra and didn't expect cheetara to be there kissing him. To me lion-o would feel betrayed by cheetara.[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel, its Cheetara Lion-o should feel betrayed by. Not cool Cheetara.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #5617
L08e16o
Quote:
Annet's prediction was worded to fit how Lion-O feels.

"you will know a betrayal" and "he will feel betrayed"

The simple answer is Lion-O felt betrayed by Tygra in that moment, but didn't blame Cheetara.

It's all dependent on how Lion-O is looking at it.
That does not make sense. Guys always blame the women first. Lion-o knew tygra was up there. He knew it was cheetara that went up there.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #5618
L08e16o
Quote:

I think lion-o was going to talk to tygra and didn't expect cheetara to be there kissing him. To me lion-o would feel betrayed by cheetara.
This is how I feel, its Cheetara Lion-o should feel betrayed by. Not cool Cheetara.[/QUOTE]

Agree.

That is why I wonder if she changed it.

If I hated my brohter and I saw a women who I thougth chose me (kiss cheek like pahtera did to leo), I would feel more betrayed by her than my brother.

Lion-o know tygra and he still didn't believe tygra would betray him after the AP.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #5619
Balgus82
Quote:
Since the astral plane was held together by the red gem Lion-o currently has, would its power qualify as reality warping?
the stone wasn't holding the whole Astral Plane together. The crew confirmed it wasn't destroyed so it's still there without the stone.

I think it was just affecting that area near the doorway. Maybe Lion-O was subconsciously making everything fall apart since and it was just doing what he expected it to do since he's the one that was using it.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #5620
L08e16o
Quote:
btw guys. the spirit stone is pink, not red. the war stone (eye of thundera) is the red stone.
Ok, pinkish stone.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #5621
Balgus82
Quote:
That does not make sense. Guys always blame the women first. Lion-o knew tygra was up there. He knew it was cheetara that went up there.
You gotta think of the context of the whole episode.

Lion-O and Tygra had reached an understanding by the time they got out of the Astral Plane. They were mending fences and Tygra proclaimed he'd never betray him. Then Lion-O almost brags to Anet saying he was wrong and Tygra didn't betray him. Anet reminds Lion-O that the bell hadn't rang yet. Then he see's Tygra kissing the girl he likes.

He's still thinking about the conversation with Anet in his mind. So His first reaction was to blame Tygra.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-31-2012 at 07:15 PM..
Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #5622
L08e16o
Quote:
You gotta think of the context of the whole episode.

Lion-O and Tygra had reached an understanding by the time they got out of the Astral Plane. They were mending fences and Tygra proclaimed he'd never betray him. Then Lion-O almost brags to Anet saying he was wrong and Tygra didn't betray him. Anet reminds Lion-O that the bell hadn't rang yet. Then he see's Tygra kissing the girl he likes.

He's still thinking about the conversation with Anet in his mind. So His first reaction was to blame Tygra.
I can see that, a rush to judgement.

I just know how I would feel.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #5623
Balgus82
Quote:
I can see that, a rush to judgement.
Yeah exactly. It's his first reaction. The bell rang almost immediately after Lion-O saw the kiss. No one ever said he wouldn't be upset with her as well after he's thought about it, but the prediction specifically said before the bell rings. He didn't have time to think.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #5624
stormbringer
Considering what Cheetara pulled, it might be a nice twist if both Lion-o and Tygra kicked her to the curb
Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #5625
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah exactly. It's his first reaction. The bell rang almost immediately after Lion-O saw the kiss. No one ever said he wouldn't be upset with her as well after he's thought about it, but the prediction specifically said before the bell rings. He didn't have time to think.
I rewatced the scene and he looks shock, but his eyes are shaking. That was the reason why I thought he was going to cry.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #5626
L08e16o
Quote:
Considering what Cheetara pulled, it might be a nice twist if both Lion-o and Tygra kicked her to the curb
I think what we need is the writers to show us more of her.

I think we will learn her point of view in the next episode.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #5627
Balgus82
This is an honest question and I'm not trying to start anything.

But after the end of episode 13....

Have the L/C fans considered that Lion-O might not even want her anymore that after that?
Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #5628
Balgus82
Quote:
I rewatced the scene and he looks shock, but his eyes are shaking. That was the reason why I thought he was going to cry.
Yeah I get that. But in anime the vibrating eye thing is really just to show strong emotions. They'll do it when they're really happy sometimes too.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #5629
stormbringer
Quote:

Have the L/C fans considered that Lion-O might not even want her anymore that after that?
Well speaking for myself, I could hardly blame him if he didn't.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #5630
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:

The question is what will trigger Tygra to "betray" Lion-O after Ep13, if they are going to expand on it, seing it from "Legacy" with Tygus "betrayal" and that comment about the past and future "connected".
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #5631
cmangund
Quote:
So we will get another Lion-O VS Tygra only this time to the death.
with Cheetara watching them fight, the question is what will she do, will she safe her "rush job" or will she safe her "proper job" or will she leave both of them and go with snarf, the player.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #5632
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
The question is what will trigger Tygra to "betray" Lion-O after Ep13, if they are going to expand on it, seing it from "Legacy" with Tygus "betrayal" and that comment about the past and future "connected".
Perhaps Tygra will pretend to betray Lion-o, but it will be trick to get close to Mummra and get his hands on one of Mummras stones of power. Provided he ever gets any that is.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #5633
cmangund
Quote:
Well speaking for myself, I could hardly blame him if he didn't.
Eitherway the pain will be there inside Lion-O's heart.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #5634
cmangund
Quote:
Perhaps Tygra will pretend to betray Lion-o, but it will be trick to get close to Mummra and get his hands on one of Mummras stones of power. Provided he ever gets any that is.
Seeing the current Mumm-Ra win-loss record, highly unlikely, unless Mumm-ra enlisted a double agent, Tygra.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #5635
L08e16o
Quote:

No. I don't think he would accept it. Only if cheetara clears things up will lion-o make his decision. He thought she chose him when she kissed him on the cheek like panthera did. Remember he said girlfriend. I think that the writers put that there on purpose.

There is no other love interest in the show for lion-o and this is his story. They don't have the time to develop what they did with L/C.

It won't be pumuyra. There are a ton of Bengali/Pumyra fans. I just don't think she will have enough screen time to do it too.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-31-2012 at 07:48 PM..
Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #5636
stormbringer
Quote:
Seeing the current Mumm-Ra win-loss record, highly unlikely, unless Mumm-ra enlisted a double agent, Tygra.
Maybe he'll bring in the Lunatacs to help him out. Of course if their anything like they were in the OS, they'd probably stab him in the back.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #5637
L08e16o
Quote:
It seems like the past is connected to the three of them.

They said we would see them again. I wonder if that is about tygrus betraying leo and causing him to seperate the stones.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #5638
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Tygra is power hungry like grune and if mumm-ra promises tygra the power he wants tygra will jump ship
Old 01-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #5639
L08e16o
Quote:
Eitherway the pain will be there inside Lion-O's heart.
The way he feels will not let him move on. Cheetara will have to clear things up and that still will make it bad.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #5640
L08e16o
Quote:
Tygra is power hungry like grune and if mumm-ra promises tygra the power he wants tygra will jump ship
That is why I think Tygra will take the place of tygrus.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #5641
L08e16o
Quote:
I think mummra could temp tygra. Heck, mummra could use the triangle to his advantage.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #5642
cmangund
Quote:
And becoming The Official Grune Jr.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #5643
Balgus82
Quote:
If that were true Mumm-Ra would've already offered him the power. Mumm-Ra seems to be able to see or feel who would go for the deal. Just like how he went after Grune and ignored Panthro.

Besides if Tygra truly wanted the power enough that he'd betray everyone, he would've done it in the Astral Plane. He wouldn't have Pulled Lion-O back up. If he had let Lion-O fall he would've been next in line.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-31-2012 at 07:53 PM..
Old 01-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #5644
stormbringer
Quote:
I think mummra could temp tygra. Heck, mummra could use the triangle to his advantage.
So it would be a Palpatine Anakin Skywalker sorta deal?
Old 01-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #5645
cmangund
Quote:
Maybe he'll bring in the Lunatacs to help him out. Of course if their anything like they were in the OS, they'd probably stab him in the back.
Poor Mumm-ra. Maybe he should have enlisted Snow-Meow.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #5646
cmangund
Quote:
It seems like the past is connected to the three of them.

They said we would see them again. I wonder if that is about tygrus betraying leo and causing him to seperate the stones.

Right.

Yeah maybe something like that.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #5647
stormbringer
Quote:
Ma-mutt to the rescue!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #5648
cmangund
Quote:
Ma-mutt to the rescue!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #5649
L08e16o
Quote:
So it would be a Palpatine Anakin Skywalker sorta deal?
The think mummra is very cunning. Could be.

The next episode was titled lost causes, so many things could be lost in that episode.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #5650
stormbringer
Quote:
Quote:
The think mummra is very cunning. Could be.

The next episode was titled lost causes, so many things could be lost in that episode.
I wonder if Mummra will pull a move like he often did in the OS, and disguise himself as someone else to trick Tygra?