TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
dj7000
Thunder Kitty
Bandai has done a decent job especially with getting main characters out, but they've been really hit or miss with artiulation and likeness. I dont really care for the cheaper feel plastic either. I wouldn't mind mattel picking this line up. thoughts?
dj7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
NOT Mattel. Fuck. NO.

I just want Bandai to be more consistent.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Unless Mattel did it on Matty (wich I hate btw) it would fail again. Batman Legacy was kinda hot for a bit and then POOF gone after 2 waves for garbage kiddie figures that will never be bought, just like Green Lantern.

WB needs to work with JUST the adult fans for this one sadly. The Mezco stuff sells out and is on constant avalibillity at great prices. If Mezco shrunk the 12 inch guys to say 6-8 inch, we would have the coolest toy line ever. The detail on them make a great mix of a update and a cartoon rip.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
A part of me wants to dump everything I bought from Bandai and just go with the Mezco line.

I haven't been impressed with much of anything that has come from Mattel. WAY overrated and WAY overpriced.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Hasbro
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
test
You don't stand a chance
I wish hot toys would do some lol .... Would be amazing
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
As badly as Bandai has handled the line so far, I'm not sure there are any other companies out there that would have done a better job. They all have their flaws and downsides. It's just a matter of which one's you can deal with, and which one's are deal-breakers.

I feel neither Mattel or Hasbro would do any better. Mattel can't get a grip on what articulation is for anything smaller than a 6" collectors figure. Hasbro's got a handle on the amount of articulation, but I feel the design of their articulation is well...garbage (tends to result in fiddly-ass figures not worth it). I also feel that both of their distribution habits are worse than that of Bandai's.

Only company I can honestly consider as maybe a possible replacement for Bandai, is Playmates. Seeing their improvement with the new TMNT stuff coming out later this year makes me think they could possibly handle a Thundercats line...maybe. Though I might be a bit optimistic, tbh. Good work on the turtles lines doesn't necessarily mean the Thundercats would get the same treatment.

Also, while it's fun to imagine, I'm not so sure that switching to another toy company at this point would be good. Bandai switching scales on the Classic figures seems to have a negative enough affect on sales as it is. Switching companies could just have an even worse affect on things...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by test View Post
I wish hot toys would do some lol .... Would be amazing
If Hot Toys did a Thundercats line, I would just drool over them and wish I could afford them... like I do all their others... so, no, I don't want Hot Toys to make them. If they did, I would either be sick with envy or I'd be sleeping on the couch for the financial predicament I got myself into when the wife found out. lol
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
test
You don't stand a chance
Lmao good point .... If only hot toys were affordable
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
xander88
Thunder Kitty
I don't fancy having to start all over again after investing in the bandai line. All I want is for bandai to start releasing more thundercats stuff on a regular basis.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #11
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
Spin Masters, they're innovative and loved the way they handled the new Tron Legacy line with their light up features. Could you imagine Lion-O with his light up eyes gimmick?

Last edited by Huxtable85; 05-10-2012 at 11:15 PM..
Huxtable85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #12
liger
Thunder Kitty
Jaks pacific those 3 3/4 ufc figures have amazing articulation on them I can see my self posing lion-o all day...lol
liger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
I don't care who makes them as long as they keep coming out!
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
I'd love to see some Revoltech Thundercats

*drools* A Revoltech Fraulin Cheetara both G1 and 2011 versions would be bought on site.

And while they are at it, make some Revoltech Silverhawks too.

yup, it's a pipe dream.

Last edited by mumm_ra_the_ever_living; 05-13-2012 at 06:13 PM..
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
eero
"ero" with an extra "e"
Mattel, at least for Classics.

Obviously, they have their issues. But nobody is more dedicated to getting these 80s updates right. I think they'd be the best chance at us getting complete groups of figures. And I mean, Snowmeow is practically already made with that Battlecat buck.
eero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Do you really think that will happen? Right are sold to the companies that bought them. Unless they sell the right to someone else which I doubt... We will either have Bandai toys or nothing.

If this happens I think it would be first time a Tv show is done during season 1 by one companie while in season 2 another does it.
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #17
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Mattel would be an awful, awful choice. They should be kept away from any action figure line I like!!

Hasbro - well, if you want 4,599 variants of Lion-O and Mumm-Ra, and Cheetara packed 1:700, I guess....

Bandai have their faults, but the line is doing well and the kids love 'em.
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
To be honest, I like the figures from Bandai. I don't know that I'd want another company to do it at this point. As much product as I've purchased from Mattel whether it was their JLU line, Young Justice or Masters of the Universe their quality hasn't been that great.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote