TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Trukkinmunky
cleric
There is a lot of discussion about who we want to see in the upcoming waves. But some people are saying that we won't see the next wave for a long time. I really hope this isn't true. I mean I still am enjoying the toys I bought a couple weeks ago. But I would like to add more figures to those guys. And if Bandai does wait a few months before releasing any more figures I don't think it will do well for them. I can see some people getting really mad, I know I will get pretty annoyed if it takes them a long time between waves. I don't have any experience with collecting Bandai toys before so I don't know if this is true or not. Thanks for letting me know guys.
Trukkinmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I don't have much experience with Bandai's releases, but from what I've seen/read, their waves/sets are staggered from anywhere between three months, six months, and even sometimes a full year apart from each other. The only figures we've been given a set release schedule for are the Classics, and they're getting two new figures released quarterly starting next year.

Hopefully someone with more experience with Bandai's releases will come along and fill us in.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Weapon XIX
Thunder Kitty
I don't have a ton of experience with Bandai, but lets put it this way:

Power Rangers is arguably their most profitable line. The first wave of figures for the Samurai show came out in like late winter around February. The second wave of figures with the gold ranger guy, Rita Repulsa, and the big villain are starting to hit now with a big push planned for September.

Long story short: Bandai America takes it's time.
Weapon XIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon XIX View Post
I don't have a ton of experience with Bandai, but lets put it this way:

Power Rangers is arguably their most profitable line. The first wave of figures for the Samurai show came out in like late winter around February. The second wave of figures with the gold ranger guy, Rita Repulsa, and the big villain are starting to hit now with a big push planned for September.

Long story short: Bandai America takes it's time.
Rita Reepulsa? I'm there!
soundwave810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I don't have much experience with Bandai's releases, but from what I've seen/read, their waves/sets are staggered from anywhere between three months, six months, and even sometimes a full year apart from each other. The only figures we've been given a set release schedule for are the Classics, and they're getting two new figures released quarterly starting next year.

Hopefully someone with more experience with Bandai's releases will come along and fill us in.
8 Classics for next year? That's pretty sweet.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
masterprime
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave810 View Post
Heck yeah me too.
masterprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave810 View Post
LOL, maybe me too!

I know we get Q&A sessions from other toy companies, is anyone doing one with Bandai?

I mean, I'm kinda holding off on buying the 8" assortment b/c of the limited assortment, but if they're planning on releasing all of the core cat charaters, I would start buying.

Anybody know if we're getting a Q&A?

Last edited by squawkbot; 08-20-2011 at 07:35 PM..
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawkbot View Post
I mean, I'm kinda holding off on buying the 8" assortment b/c of the limited assortment, but if they're planning on releasing all of the core cat charaters, I would start buying.
With their plan to release eight figures per year, the core cast is pretty much assured at this point.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
source me a link, i'd like to read up on what they're planning
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #10
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawkbot View Post
source me a link, i'd like to read up on what they're planning
Doesn't say what figures they've got coming down the pipeline, but with eight figures coming out each year, it's safe to assume that the main cast will be made, and that if the line continues for long enough, probably the vast majority of the original show's characters.

Toy Fair In-Depth, Part Four: The 8″ Classic Figures | THUNDERCATSNOW.COM | ThunderCats News and Information
Quote:
-The Classic figures will come in 2 figure waves/series — Lion-O and Tygra will be released during the latter part of 2011, and expand the next year. 2 figures will be released each quarter, totaling 8 figures per year.

-Brehan Maul was quick to note that the classic figures are its own entity, and that fans will not be left hanging after the initial 2 figures release this year.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
It sounds likely I met get the twins out of the classics line... I need that.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
For Power Rangers, the first toys from the Samurai line starting coming out around December 2010. It's been that way for the PR line for the last several years.

As for ThunderCats, it's hard to tell. In a nutshell, this is uncharted territory for Bandai. Since Wave 1 basically just came out, I would expect Wave 2, to be released sometime in early 2012. Although, we may see some Wave 2 merchandise out on store shelves by the end of 2011.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I was on mtvs web site a couple weeks ago and they showed us a preview of some thundercats toys, and a couple of the figures looked like possible wave 2 releases.

Lets also remember who the core market is for toys. That market is kids. And while collectors may have been able to get all of the toys they want within a week or two remember little Johnny and susy who have to save there allowance and mow lawns and do odd jobs and beg mom dad and other realitives for there collections.

I must admit thats a key reason I got most of what I wanted as they hit shelves, because I am older now and have the means to purchase them.

So remember for every collector who has his and wants more there is a little Jimmy still searching for a basic set of cats or is hoping santa clause leaves that special thundertank or lizard cannon under his christmas tree
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Pounder View Post
I was on mtvs web site a couple weeks ago and they showed us a preview of some thundercats toys, and a couple of the figures looked like possible wave 2 releases.
Link? Only things I can find Thundercats toy-related on MTV's site, are two videos of the same guy saying the same exact thing about the wave 1 set/wave.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
Blade Raider
Thunder Kitty
Everyone keeps mentioning Power Rangers, but PR isn't Bandai's flapship line anymore. While I hate to say it, Ben 10 is the flapship line for now. So the question is how does their best selling line do waves?

Also, Seconded on that link.
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:49 AM   #16
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
yeah, link!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:07 AM   #17
dollman ron
Disabled and handling it.
The wait for the next two Classics is going to kill me.
dollman ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #18
Grune the Warrior
Ghost
Bandai did an interview at SDCC that said to expect more 4" by the end of the year, including characters who've died (Claudus I presume). Here is the link to the article with more news:

SDCC 2011 Wrap-Up: Thundercats - kastorskorner.com
Grune the Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #19
xander88
Thunder Kitty
So much for Bandai doing 8 classic figures per year. 4 isn't many at all which kind of sucks because it will take ages to have a fun collection and the waiting is gonna be hard going. If the plan is to release the original Thundercat team before anybody else and have them released by the end of next year then I hope they can fit Snarf in there somewhere. At 2 per wave it will probably be Panthro, Cheetara, Wiley Kit and Wiley Kat but if Snarf isn't included anywhere then it won't be the full team. Plus I would also like Jaga eventually because he is part of team too and was actually the lord of the Thundercats when the series started.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #20
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
...Collectors should see about two waves per year...

Though honestly, four a year is better than the line ending after just Lion-O and Tygra. Hopefully the line continues to sell well enough for Bandai to continue it for as long as possible.

Quote:
...Bandai hopes to expand the classics line into other categories in 2012...
This possibility will make-up for the halving of each years releases, assuming they actually do expand the line into other categories. A Cat's Lair and ThunderTank would be amazing.

Quote:
...Bandai’s goal is to build the main team and then expand character selection...
Which isn't surprising. No matter how many they release in a year, they were always going to make the main team first, and then expand outwards.

Quote:
...Collectors could have all six Thundercats in the classics line by the end of 2012...
So basically they're telling us that next year's four figures are going to be Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykat, and Wilykit, and that we'll have to wait for 2013 for any villains...F$@&%

Quote:
...the mutants are coming later this year...
Good to know. Hopefully we get some more figures in the 6" line too. Though the lack of any mention to it's future is a little troubling...

Quote:
...We will also see more role play items in 2012 to expand on the Claw Shield and Sword of Omens...
Hopefully this means we'll be getting a deluxe Claw Shield at some point. Would be nice to have one not made for small children.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #21
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post

Though honestly, four a year is better than the line ending after just Lion-O and Tygra. Hopefully the line continues to sell well enough for Bandai to continue it for as long as possible.

This possibility will make-up for the halving of each years releases, assuming they actually do expand the line into other categories. A Cat's Lair and ThunderTank would be amazing.

Which isn't surprising. No matter how many they release in a year, they were always going to make the main team first, and then expand outwards.

So basically they're telling us that next year's four figures are going to be Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykat, and Wilykit, and that we'll have to wait for 2013 for any villains...F$@&%

Good to know. Hopefully we get some more figures in the 6" line too. Though the lack of any mention to it's future is a little troubling...

Hopefully this means we'll be getting a deluxe Claw Shield at some point. Would be nice to have one not made for small children.
Thanks for saving me from typing alot, cause I agree with you 100%. haha

Last edited by Trukkinmunky; 08-25-2011 at 10:08 PM..
Old 08-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #22
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukkinmunky View Post
That's for saving me from typing alot, cause I agree with you 100%. haha
No problem (I'm assuming you meant to type "Thanks" rather than "That's"?).

Anyways, I was reading the SDCC Mezco write-up from that same site, and apparently they're planning on making the entire core-cast in the Mega-scale. I'm not sure I'll get all of them, but I do definitely want to get at least Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. I'm kind of wondering who all they're counting as the "core-cast". Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra, Wilykat, Wilykit, and Snarf are all instant core-cast members, but I would also include Jaga, Slithe, Monkian, and Jackalman into that grouping too. Would also be interesting to see them make mummy-form Mumm-Ra w/Ma-Mutt in this scale (would help visually balance out the hero:villain ratio). Would make one epic display, which is why I'm seriously considering getting all the one's they eventually make.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 08-25-2011 at 09:48 PM..
Old 08-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #23
Trukkinmunky
cleric
I did mean thanks. Lol I should reread what I type before i post lol.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #24
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukkinmunky View Post
I did mean thanks. Lol I should reread what I type before i post lol.
I know the feeling. Even after re-reading some of my past posts I've missed some rather glaring typos before, lol.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #25
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune the Warrior View Post
Bandai did an interview at SDCC that said to expect more 4" by the end of the year, including characters who've died (Claudus I presume). Here is the link to the article with more news:

SDCC 2011 Wrap-Up: Thundercats - kastorskorner.com
Thanks for the link!
I hope we'll see Lynx-O soon!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #26
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Well I just picked up Lion-O and Tygra today, so they better announce who the next batch are in the next 30 days or I am going to return both of them and forget about this line. I'm not playing their stupid games anymore. That is the reason I stopped buying Power Rangers, it will be the reason I stop buying Thundercats.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #27
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I could've sworn in one of the Toy Fair videos that are on YouTube the Bandai rep said 2 Classics per wave, one wave per quarter.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote